Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-12-2017, 09:55 AM
Child of Darkness

Just agreed with stinks of piss .

Feel dirty

Unread 03-12-2017, 10:41 AM
puressence

Thought he reffed well yesterday tbh pogba didn’t mean it but it looked bad wouldn’t appeal it ..

Ps still buzzing as for dave. He should be upthere with pogba as top earner at the club.

Unread 03-12-2017, 11:45 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
yeah. bellerin. catch lukaku. with a 10-yard head start. ok.

more likely the ref just thought "lukaku... clean through... only the keeper to beat.... not giving that as a goalscoring opportunity."
Watch it again from the wide shot. Bellerin is behind him, but to his left, so because Lukaku is heading to the right and would need to come back left, he would need to run more distance than Bellerin, who would simply need to run straight.

A lot would depend on Lukaku's next touch aswell.

I don't think Bellerin would have caught him, but because it wasn't 'clear and obvious' (that's the law) that he couldn't, it was the right call.

Tough one though.

Unread 03-12-2017, 11:55 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Watch it again from the wide shot. Bellerin is behind him, but to his left, so because Lukaku is heading to the right and would need to come back left, he would need to run more distance than Bellerin, who would simply need to run straight.

I don't think Bellerin would have caught him, but because it wasn't 'clear and obvious' (that's the law) that he couldn't, it was the right call.

Tough one though.
Hi Gary

Unread 03-12-2017, 11:59 AM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 03-12-2017, 11:59 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Hi Gary

It's true though mate. They have to be certain. There's enough debatable factors for it not to be.

I'd be pissed off if it was the other way round and lost a defender for that. And half the forum would be making the same points I am.

Unread 03-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Wrighty calling out Kloppo for his gurning
Good to see people calling him out for being a pathetic #@&%!. Slagging us off for being defensive when he took his two most dangerous players off with 15 to go. Slagged Chelsea off for playing "9 defenders" last week. He's a fraud and when a muppet like Wright is calling him out everybody else will notice. Hope they get PSG in the knockouts and lose 12 on aggregate.

Unread 03-12-2017, 12:00 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Unread 03-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

It's true though mate. They have to be certain. There's enough debatable factors for it not to be.

I'd be pissed off if it was the other way round and lost a defender for that. And half the forum would be making the same points I am.
I know

Unread 03-12-2017, 12:33 PM
jem

Quote:

Tough one though.
no way would bellerin have caught lukaku. however, it was more about whether that's an opportunity.

Unread 03-12-2017, 12:37 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no way would bellerin have caught lukaku. however, it was more about whether that's an opportunity.
That's your opinion. I also think he wouldn't. But 'no way'. Actually, there is a way. Over 45 yards a distance of 5 yards can easily be made up. Especially if one player is heading right and would need to move back in towards goal.

I don't think he would have caught him, but I think it's unreasonable to suggest he couldn't.

Unread 03-12-2017, 07:29 PM
jem

Quote:
That's your opinion. I also think he wouldn't. But 'no way'. Actually, there is a way. Over 45 yards a distance of 5 yards can easily be made up. Especially if one player is heading right and would need to move back in towards goal.

I don't think he would have caught him, but I think it's unreasonable to suggest he couldn't.
yes, it's reasonable. but still wrong.
Closed Thread