United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 03-03-2024, 06:36 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
that was all jem tbf
my comments on amrabat are on record, so no one needs a bullshitting idiot to misrepresent them.

Unread 03-03-2024, 06:37 PM
Parlabane

We lack quality & composure all over the pitch

Unread 03-03-2024, 06:37 PM
larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
my comments on amrabat are on record, so no one needs a bullshitting idiot to misrepresent them.
so dynamic

Unread 03-03-2024, 06:38 PM
puressence

Shit

ZiggyStardust

Football taught by Matt Busby that was not

Can’t wait till the end of the season when the regime can clear out this coaching staff and hopefully a lot of these joke senior players we have

We were completely outclassed but that was always going to happen however at least it wasn’t a historic humiliation

red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Do we have an obligation to buy Amrabat? Or can we just dump him? He doesn't appear to have any sort of talent whatsoever.
Certainly hasn't lived up to the hype.

Then again, wasn't he injured as soon as he signed for us? Certainly fits in here that way, at least

Unread 03-03-2024, 06:40 PM
westcoastvan

Well, a noble effort....but I sort of knew I was tuning in for a loss.

Have to question some of the substitutes though.

Unread 03-03-2024, 06:42 PM
History

Hoijlund would of had a good day at the races with that space.

But eth probably would of subbed him anyway

I can't get over his game management. The blame lies with him today.

Unread 03-03-2024, 06:44 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry
so dynamic
as already noted, you are an idiot. spent half of the last game at lb popping up in the opposition box, but you can't see it.

Unread 03-03-2024, 06:45 PM
Danoli

They were full strength, we weren’t.

We had 3 of our best players missing.

Hopefully, we will play them in the Cup Final again, and this time have our best 11 available.

We didn’t play that bad in the circumstances.

Unread 03-03-2024, 06:45 PM
Dacter

Nothing to be said about that really.

Just felt like a rinse & repeat of every derby for years.

Sometimes we nick a goal on the counter, sometimes we don’t.

Sometimes luck goes our way and we keep them out, sometimes we don’t.

But the games themselves are the exact same dreary £#%&!ing spectacle every single time.

They never do anything different. Nor do we.

Unread 03-03-2024, 06:52 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter

But the games themselves are the exact same dreary £#%&!ing spectacle every single time.

They win

Unread 03-03-2024, 06:53 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli

Hopefully, we will play them in the Cup Final again, and this time have our best 11 available.

Yup.

I’d like to have seen Rassers again stat first half high line.

Unread 03-03-2024, 06:55 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli

Fingers crossed

Unread 03-03-2024, 06:58 PM
Rorschach

Could've been worse.

Unread 03-03-2024, 06:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dacter

I wouldn't say that. We were more than competitive away from home against them under Solskjaer. We had a really good game plan - but then we had better players available under Ole. We won there under Mourinho, we beat them convincingly under Van Gaal.

The issue is that we are reaping currently what the club has sown for the last decade. No vision, no clarity and absolutely clueless appointments both off the pitch and shocking recruitment on it. We've hit rock bottom as we were always going to under the Glazers.

That absolute dog's dinner of a line up was never ever going to present anything else than nuisance value to City's first choice 11. I'm upset the game wasn't competitive but then I just think we're lucky that they didn't stick 2 or 3 more in.

That's where we're at. The squad we currently have, for all the millions lavished on it, is as weak as we've had in 30 years. Chucking kids on at the end because that's literally all we've got. 11 first team players injured with absolutely no back ups. Ten hag's subs are terrible enough when he's got players fit, now with nothing but raw academy kids on the bench it's just chucking meat into the grinder.

I'm tempted to get annoyed with Ten Hag but what's the point? He's just the latest sap in the hot seat, the latest an ever growing line of managers who will no doubt be given the bullet. The real thing that has led us to this point here is the absolute shambolic structure at the club and the way the entire operation has been slowly drifting towards. What you've seen there is European Champions vs a club in an absolute mess that's trying to get it's act together.

Unread 03-03-2024, 07:03 PM
Dr Stranger

It’s the hope that kills you…

We’ve had worse days there and we were better than I thought we would be. We went about it with a good attitude and we didn’t crumble… but it’s another reminder of how far away from them we are that we stood little more than a puncher’s chance

Too many issues and too many of our better players missing to get anything

It didn’t tell us anything we don’t already know. We’ve got a massive summer coming up.

Unread 03-03-2024, 07:03 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Hoijlund would of had a good day at the races with that space.

But eth probably would of subbed him anyway

I can't get over his game management. The blame lies with him today.
Have.

Unread 03-03-2024, 07:04 PM
MUFC One Love

Casemiro looks exactly what he is. He can’t move.

Big fee and big wages.

Textbook United.

Unread 03-03-2024, 07:09 PM
Patty_b

The tactic was: contain and leave their weakest link open as their only easy option, which Doku for the most part. Worked well enough until Foden found a loophole from 25 yards out. Then it all went to shit and we had nothing.

Our goal came from nowhere, although we managed to £#%&! up two of the best chances we could've hoped for. And by "we", I mean Rashford. Should've been 2-0 at some point.

The match stats are embarrassing, wouldn't care less if we won, but other than a magic moment goal and two breakaways we were shocking on the ball throughout. Even if we went 2-0 up in the first half, with that second half performance we still wouldn't have kept the lead until the end.

Shite, with the only silver lining being us trading any sort of authority on the game for a less embarrassing final score.