United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-08-2021, 03:20 PM
Dasilvatwins

Default Today’s football matches 21/08/21

Scousers won earlier, Norwich doing their best to make life easy as possible for Man City .

Unread 21-08-2021, 03:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Scousers won earlier, Norwich doing their best to make life easy as possible for Man City .
Norwich were appalling last week. You expect them to be outclassed, but basics weren’t even there.

Leeds are ‘incredible’ according to Michael Dawson, as they go 1 down to Everton.

Unread 21-08-2021, 03:44 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Norwich were appalling last week. You expect them to be outclassed, but basics weren’t even there.

Leeds are ‘incredible’ according to Michael Dawson, as they go 1 down to Everton.
The thing that I don’t understand is why they play this negative , literally the CF is standing in CM positions , leaving nobody up top, so when you do win the ball you have nowhere to go. The pressing is so poor, I’d have been told off at my Sunday league for the laziness. It looks like a tactic, fair enough don’t press high up but they’re not even pressing players that are in their half.

If the thought process of not trying to score and play players forward and win the game results in this tactic where , they will concede loads and lose games why bother to play like this?

Unread 21-08-2021, 03:47 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
The thing that I don’t understand is why they play this negative , literally the CF is standing in CM positions , leaving nobody up top, so when you do win the ball you have nowhere to go. The pressing is so poor, I’d have been told off at my Sunday league for the laziness. It looks like a tactic, fair enough don’t press high up but they’re not even pressing players that are in their half.

If the thought process of not trying to score and play players forward and win the game results in this tactic where , they will concede loads and lose games why bother to play like this?
Yep. Safe football that isn’t safe.

Unread 21-08-2021, 04:04 PM
Sparky***

Norwich aren’t even an inconvenience to the opposition both times I’ve watched them. Straight back down.

Not before taking points off us though, obviously

Unread 21-08-2021, 04:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Norwich aren’t even an inconvenience to the opposition both times I’ve watched them. Straight back down.

Unread 21-08-2021, 04:08 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Yeah, they’ve not even come up with that promotion spring in their step you expect.

Nightmare couple of fixtures for them tbf.

Unread 21-08-2021, 04:12 PM
dunk

Lovely goal from Ings.

Unread 21-08-2021, 04:13 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Lovely goal from Ings.
I thought he’d gone on a free, such was the lack of fanfare, but just seen he went for £25m. That’s an absolute snip in this day and age. He’ll do more for them than Grealish did.

Unread 21-08-2021, 04:16 PM
dunk

Quote:
I thought he’d gone on a free, such was the lack of fanfare, but just seen he went for £25m. That’s an absolute snip in this day and age. He’ll do more for them than Grealish did.
Yup.

Would endorse what has been said on Norwich, however they have lost their main attacking man in Buendia and appear to have decided to spend £#%&! all and go down rich.

Unread 21-08-2021, 04:20 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
If not for Kane, he’d be the main man for England. A little more understated, perhaps, with a little dash of European flair sprinkled into his repertoire, he was never going to be appreciated by the English crowd. A wonderful player is Danny Ings, or Fizz the Firework, as he was affectionately known during his time at Liverpool.

Unread 21-08-2021, 04:29 PM
MagnificentSeven

i see leeds are losing again. breath of fresh air, a joy to watch, they just don't give up, etc.

Unread 21-08-2021, 04:32 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i see leeds are losing again. breath of fresh air, a joy to watch, they just don't give up, etc.
And brave. Don’t forget brave.

I’d £#%&!ing LOVE them to go down with that bucket #@&%! in charge.

Unread 21-08-2021, 04:36 PM
dunk

Is Ross Barkley lost in Chelsea purgatory?

Martinez has just Schumachered Wilson

Unread 21-08-2021, 04:49 PM
Dr Stranger

Did anyone expect City to score any fewer than 5 today?

Unread 21-08-2021, 04:53 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Did anyone expect City to score any fewer than 5 today?
No

And oh look - the lead singer from euro dance group "Gala" has scored on his debut against Norwich

Some effort, that...

Unread 21-08-2021, 05:04 PM
dunk

Somehow whenever they’re looking rocky they always manage a banker against absolute £#%&!ing dross that they can run 5 in against to get the confidence back up

Unread 21-08-2021, 05:05 PM
ZiggyStardust

Norwich are exactly the type of side this remorseless City machine will just roll over the top of
Doesn’t mean anything, they do that in a poor season by their standards

Unread 21-08-2021, 06:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yup.

Would endorse what has been said on Norwich, however they have lost their main attacking man in Buendia and appear to have decided to spend £#%&! all and go down rich.
Seriously, though, what's the point?

Unread 21-08-2021, 10:40 PM
andyroo

I see the berties are still implementing social distanced seating
Closed Thread