United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-08-2019, 03:40 PM
DuanePipe

Jesus, lads. WTF?

This Bruno Fernandes thing is like that programme with Stephen Fry where if you buzz in with the obvious answer Bill Bailey laughs in your face or something.

Stupidly low release clause, world class player, what am I missing here? You don't want to be watching him smashing 35-yarders in for Spurs every other week while Levy decides how to spend his £100m Christian Erickson money.

Unread 01-08-2019, 03:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
Jesus, lads. WTF?

This Bruno Fernandes thing is like that programme with Stephen Fry where if you buzz in with the obvious answer Bill Bailey laughs in your face or something.

Stupidly low release clause, world class player, what am I missing here? You don't want to be watching him smashing 35-yarders in for Spurs every other week while Levy decides how to spend his £100m Christian Erickson money.
You seem to be mistaking United for a club with ambition mate.

Unread 01-08-2019, 03:50 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Jesus, lads. WTF?

Who knows what's going on in transfers in general
There's so much shite talked you can't see the truth through the shit

Nothing official will be announced about him until after the super cup final against Benfica at the weekend which is due to be his last game
Still think we're signing him

Unread 01-08-2019, 03:56 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
You seem to be mistaking United for a club with ambition mate.
Thing is, make the right moves this week and you're back in business. Dybala & Fernandes in, Lukaku out, Maguire or another top class centre back and you've got the show on the road with a young, flexible dynamic team.

All this brinkmanship malarkey does my head in. Constantly hear all these football talking heads saying how complicated transfers are. %@#$&!s is it. At least in Italy they don't even pretend, all the owners in a single hotel swapping keys and spaffing money in all directions in a single afternoon session. Like some weird speed dating game.

Unread 01-08-2019, 03:59 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Thing is, make the right moves this week and you're back in business. Dybala & Fernandes in, Lukaku out, Maguire or another top class centre back and you've got the show on the road with a young, flexible dynamic team.

All this brinkmanship malarkey does my head in. Constantly hear all these football talking heads saying how complicated transfers are. %@#$&!s is it. At least in Italy they don't even pretend, all the owners in a single hotel swapping keys and spaffing money in all directions in a single afternoon session. Like some weird speed dating game.
Mate we’re done.

Aston Villa have spent more in this window than we have in the last 3.

They don’t care. We are now Arsenal.

Unread 01-08-2019, 04:05 PM
DuanePipe

Quote:
Mate we’re done.

In fairness, Villa have reincarnated the ghost of Barry Fry and must have pressed the wrong button on the fax machine when they bid £26m for Tyrone Mings.

I still think it will happen. Fernandes, Dybala, Slabinho.

If it doesn't, Woodward should not get a pay rise for a bit.

Unread 01-08-2019, 04:08 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
In fairness, Villa have reincarnated the ghost of Barry Fry and must have pressed the wrong button on the fax machine when they bid £26m for Tyrone Mings.

I still think it will happen. Fernandes, Dybala, Slabinho.

If it doesn't, Woodward should not get a pay rise for a bit.
The owners will be delighted with him if he doesn’t spend too much on transfers. As Sparky as very eloquently put it in the past we are a commercial organisation with a football team on the side

Unread 01-08-2019, 04:19 PM
silv

Quote:
Mate we’re done.

i fear the same. happy to be proven wrong

Unread 01-08-2019, 05:08 PM
forwardirektion

Spurs delegation on there way to Portugal to finalise this

Unread 01-08-2019, 05:12 PM
silv

i've not seen any of him, but everyone else rates him very very highly and you can just tell this is going to be something we regret. typical £#%&!ing united.

Unread 01-08-2019, 05:48 PM
Jethro

So we were never in for him

You have to wonder what it really takes to become a journalist these days.

Unread 01-08-2019, 05:58 PM
ScarFace

Yeah IMO it's over now. For Spurs to wait until now, it's clear we've told his agent we won't be trying for him.

Utter mongs. Keeping pog ffs.

Unread 01-08-2019, 06:00 PM
Jethro

At this stage I'd much rather Pogba stay than Fernandes arrive.

Unread 01-08-2019, 06:08 PM
Vedder

Our window is done lads. Nobody else is coming

Unread 01-08-2019, 06:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
We need both ffs. Otherwise it’s another season of Pog being shut out of games while the other midfielders pass it sideways and everyone blaming Pogba

Unread 01-08-2019, 06:12 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
This.

Unread 01-08-2019, 06:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We need both ffs. Otherwise it’s another season of Pog being shut out of games while the other midfielders pass it sideways and everyone blaming Pogba
You’re forgetting The Scottish Player

Unread 01-08-2019, 06:16 PM
Vedder

Don’t even think we were interested in him. Just journos throwing names about and guessing. Easiest job in the world.

Unread 01-08-2019, 06:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
You’re forgetting The Scottish Player
No, I’m not.

Unread 01-08-2019, 07:38 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Our window is done lads. Nobody else is coming
Fold the club.