United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-06-2014, 05:26 PM
Sparky***

So back to that argument then...how many Salfordians in England's squad....or Manchester United's for that matter?

You said Salford "HAS" shit footballers; being sarcastic in the present tense.

So give me some current Salfordian footballers. Go on.

Unread 07-06-2014, 05:29 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Oh. The. Irony.

Stop it, it's just too easy.

Manchester has a wonderful, rich history of great achievements... But if you need to keep telling the world about them - it says more about your own sense of inferiority than anything else.

I'm still waiting for that article "How 2 blokes from the midlands taught AC Milan how to win 7 European Cups" But that would be a terribly slanted look and a bit small time.

The fact is sparkles old chum , we in the north actually don't give a flying £#%&! about London . One way or the other . You like to think we do but we don't . We get annoyed that resources and the media get concentrated down there but that's different to having a chip .

The fact is sparky ( and i do like you hand agree with virtually all you post on here btw) that you are all over any thread to do with the north and mancunian achievements like a slobbering Labrador .

Motwyw

Unread 07-06-2014, 05:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
The fact is sparkles old chum , we in the north actually don't give a flying £#%&! about London . One way or the other . You like to think we do but we don't . We get annoyed that resources and the media get concentrated down there but that's different to having a chip .

The fact is sparky ( and i do like you hand agree with virtually all you post on here btw) that you are all over any thread to do with the north and mancunian achievements like a slobbering Labrador .

Motwyw

Unread 07-06-2014, 05:33 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
So back to that argument then...how many Salfordians in England's squad....or Manchester United's for that matter?

You said Salford "HAS" shit footballers; being sarcastic in the present tense.

So give me some current Salfordian footballers. Go on.
Me . I'm a £#%&!ing magnificent defensive midfielder . I £#%&!ing destroy .

Unread 07-06-2014, 05:34 PM
Jack Duckworth

tbf to sparky, a lot of people on here are more obsessed with london than he is with manchester.

Unread 07-06-2014, 05:35 PM
no fun

I will tell you what Salford does lead the UK in......armed robbery

Ordsall is the Oxbridge for armed blaggers

Unread 07-06-2014, 05:41 PM
no fun

Quote:
How many in the England team?

In fact, how man in the UNITED team?
Phil jagielka

Went to school with my nephew in sale

Unread 07-06-2014, 05:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Yeah cos Salford has shit footballers ......
Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Phil jagielka

Went to school with my nephew in sale
You were right, CoD. I take it back.

Unread 07-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I will tell you what Salford does lead the UK in......armed robbery

Ordsall is the Oxbridge for armed blaggers
If you are gonna do a propa blag it may as well be for the the big stuff , get 15 years for the post office and a crappy 800 quid , may as well do a van for a a quarter of a mill .

Met the odd character or three from the garden city who had an interesting CV

Unread 07-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Child of Darkness

Thumbs up

Quote:
You were right, CoD. I take it back.
I'm glad you have admitted your wrong . We can all sleep easy now .

Well done sparky . Takes a man to apologise .

Unread 07-06-2014, 05:53 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
I'm glad you have admitted your wrong . We can all sleep easy now .

Well done sparky . Takes a man to apologise .
*you're.

Unread 07-06-2014, 05:56 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
*you're.
I pologise

Unread 07-06-2014, 06:11 PM
shyteds

Quote:
So as I suspected then, back-slapping %@#$&!s. As you were.

What's next? "Notts County: How we taught Del Piero how to play football."

Unread 07-06-2014, 09:37 PM
red in cumbria

Love these North/South threads, tbh

Unread 07-06-2014, 09:52 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Love these North/South threads, tbh
who was it on here who was trying to claim manchester was a better city than london?

Unread 08-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Batistuta

Someone here who has lived in both Manchester and London, and currently living in Salford.
There is a very prevalent and completely unwarranted london obsession here, it's undeniable really. The majority of people in london don't have the same opinion on Manchester; infact the majority of people I know there who've visited Manchester really like the place.
I'm not sure what rock some of you have been living under but Manchester receives far too much undeserved publicity for subjective achievements such as music and art etc. A brief period of poor house djs and charisma lacking lower-middle class frontmen who are seen as rebels by garbage like the nme hardly qualifies as being at the forefront of contemporary music. The music of most inner city folk here is grime/rap, preceded by dancehall and reggae, which unfortunately doesn't get the recognition it deserves for one disgraceful reason.
Manchester has had few and far between top class sound systems and artists, none to challenge those from the likes of nottingham, derby and Wolverhampton, let alone london which is indisputably the capital of reggae outside of kingston. Another factor of utter %@#$&!s here is how many of you ill travelled fools seem to think london receives charity. I really can't be bothered going into this but if you think ordsall is the be all and end all of rough and deprived, go for a walk around Edmonton. Far heavier than anywhere in Manchester, it's £#%&! all to be proud of either.
CoD I've just walked down market street and chapel st and England shirts/flags are £#%&!ing all over the place, stop talking shit.

Unread 08-06-2014, 04:00 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:

Or could it be the article is a load of self-aggrandising, back-slapping %@#$&!s?
Not like the evening news at all that

Unread 08-06-2014, 04:05 PM
red in cumbria

Ordsall is grim by any standards, tbf.

One of the few places I have felt unsafe just travelling in a car - and I lived in the West End of Newcastle for a while

Unread 08-06-2014, 04:08 PM
Batistuta

Quote:

One of the few places I have felt unsafe just travelling in a car - and I lived in the West End of Newcastle for a while
Have you been to Edmonton?

Unread 08-06-2014, 04:35 PM
elhombre

Quote:

says more about you than ordsall.

i, like felix, cannot for one minute be arsed to get in to regional debates about which city is better. £#%&!ing tedious.
Closed Thread