United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Sparky***

Default So what are we expecting on Sunday then?

In our toughest test of the season so far? Will the real United stand up or will we disappear into our shells like at anfield?

If we go 4-4-2 with Valencia on the right and without fletch in the middle again, we will get murdered. If cole plays on sunday then Valencia will be up against the 2nd best left back in the league and to be honest will probably spend most of the game in cole's pocket, given Antonio's limitations in his game.

I'd rather we go 4-5-1 tbh and at least get a foothold in the game. I see no reason why Brown and Evans should not start as a centre back pairing, given how dreadful vidic and rio have been this season so far.

A defensive holding midfielder is essential in this game, without one we will struggle badly. You know Lampard will be at the point of the midfield diamond just having shots every 2 mins, we need someone to sit infront of the back 4 as the screen.

I'd also like to see Owen on for a considerable part of the game. Not just 10 mins at the end. I think his movement will be a real problem for the leaden-footed terry and the always ready with a cynical foul Carvalho. The pair of them will probably spend most of the game facing forward anyway, such is our insistence these days of playing everything infront of teams and over-passing it. Get them turned and you have the beating of them all day.

Chelsea have pretty much sauntered to the top of the league lately, the villa, stoke and Wigan games aside, they've strolled past everybody else. They've won their last 4 games without conceding a single goal and scoring 17 so they've had a very easy time of it.

Maybe we could use this game as a catalyst to get us out of our current slumber, lord knows we must be due a £#%&!ing result there sooner or later.

Unread 02-11-2009, 01:46 PM
forzagarza

Default Re: So what are we expecting on Sunday then?

Probably a lie in as will be going out Saturday night, later on a roast dinner and then a rip roaring laugh with Jimmy Carr.

Unread 02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Fletch is likely to be fit intee? Trained today, not heard him as a doubt for tomorrow. Play him and anderson in midfield and we'll compete there.

Unread 02-11-2009, 01:47 PM
Mr_Ed

I've set the bar low - if we come away with anything more than 0 points then that is a bonus.

Unread 02-11-2009, 01:49 PM
dunk

I would suggest that it's going to be a £#%&! of a long day tbh

Unread 02-11-2009, 01:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

You bunch of £#%&!ing blouses.

Unread 02-11-2009, 01:51 PM
marlo

we wont score a goal.

Unread 02-11-2009, 01:54 PM
Whalefish

Not expecting much from the game, will be pleased if we take a point.

My XI:

Edwin
O'Shea (although I'd prefer Rafael but I doubt he's match fit enough)
Rio (if fit)
Evans
Evra
Giggs
Fletcher
Anderson
Valencia
Rooney
Berbatov

Unread 02-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Charlestown Rouge

United to win by the odd goal, the rent boys are flat track bullies. The Graeme Hicks of the PL.

BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
we wont score a goal.
Why do you bother coming on here you tedious little man?

Whalefish

Quote:
we wont score a goal.

Unread 02-11-2009, 01:56 PM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up Re: So what are we expecting on Sunday then?

Quote:
we wont score a goal.
Let's hope not eh, imagine the slagging you can give the team if not.

Unread 02-11-2009, 01:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
we wont score a goal.
You should really back your point up with an explanation marls. That way people will be less inclined to come steaming in and slag you off.

Unread 02-11-2009, 01:58 PM
carlosartorial

We will go there with our increasingly familiar 'try not to concede and perhaps nick a goal' big game approach.

Depressing but true. On the plus side, it is due to work at some point...

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:00 PM
Stickman

Cech wont have a save to make

if we approach in our usual manner.

Its gonna be a draw, get your house on it.

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Sloppy

4-5-1

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:02 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Don't think we'll be bullied like at Anfield. Outplayed for most of the game but not bullied.
Apart from Drogba vs Evans/Rio.
Reckon SAF will play a flat midfield again. Wouldn't be suprised at all to see Anderson not playing. Berbs will be o.k, Rooney will be poor.

2-0 perhaps 3-0 Chelsea.

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
United to win by the odd goal, the rent boys are flat track bullies. The Graeme Hicks of the PL.

Given our abject performaces against the likes of Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool AWAY from home the last 3 seasons when we've won the league it's a little churlish to make that comparison. We need to at the least compete, unlike against Liverpool - if we see Scholes & Carrick in the middle of a 4 I'll have very low expectations given they'll be matching up against Essien, Ballack & Lampard...

Fletcher, Anderson & the Giggs that tore them apart from the point of a 3 last season would be my choice.

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:03 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
We will go there with our increasingly familiar 'try not to concede and perhaps nick a goal' big game approach.

Depressing but true. On the plus side, it is due to work at some point...

Unread 02-11-2009, 02:06 PM
Coracao

I've not been greatly impressed by them.

No reason why we can't go there and win.
Closed Thread