United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:34 AM
The Return of JC

Default Re: (summer) silly season transfer %@#$&!s thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Can't say tbh. Maybe a mixture of Nani's sudden lack of first team action and then the obvious stance of Wenger not wanting to sell to us.We did the same with Heinze, even though he and Liverpool have both publicly stated they wanted the deal to go ahead.if they do sell, I don't think it'll be to us.

Tbh, I hope we get Young in (and Modders/Nasri) and Nani stays - our squad would be fantastic. Sounds too good to be true though.
i just don't want you getting all upset about negative rumours, but not excited about positive ones. You big negative Nelly, you.

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:35 AM
Luffy

Nani gets judged harshly by Utd fans and the press full stop for largely trivial non-footballing reasons. If he was English he'd be £#%&!ing raved about like the next best thing ahead of Wilshere.

To get some context you have to compare him with other wingers around the world and right now no one comes close to matching his effectiveness, efficiency, positivity or quality.

Even when he was bad, faking up a lot and looking like a dick, anyone who genuinely watches the football should've seen that he was still being involved in a lot of goals. He has a knack for creating chances and that's a really really valuable attribute.

Valencia is a great crossed but he doesn't have the same knack. Whig means when his crossing is off or he doesn't ha e the beating of his fullback he's rendered toothless whereas Nani tends to find a way.

I'm gonna be very unhappy if we hold onto Valencia and lose Nani because I think Nani is by far the more useful player down the right. Attack is the best form of defence and all that?

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:41 AM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Valencia is a great crossed but he doesn't have the same knack. Whig means when his crossing is off or he doesn't ha e the beating of his fullback he's rendered toothless whereas Nani tends to find a way.
yeah completely agree with that pal.

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:42 AM
The Watcher

Nani’s one of our best players and still improving. Getting rid of him would be a joke. tbh, I was pretty disappointed with how he lost his place in the side towards the end of last season.

I still can’t believe we’re actually trying to sign Nasri Regardless of him signing or not, another quality midfielder will also be needed. Javi Martinez from Bilbao has been mentioned. Think he plays in the U21’s for Spain, may be worth a watch. Cheaper then Modric, could be a decent option?

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:45 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up Re: (summer) silly season transfer %@#$&!s thread

Nani is going nowhere, if Gibbo, O'Shea and Brown go I can't see anymore departures. We need strength in depth out wide, something we missed at times last season with Valencia injured and Park injured/away with South Korea.
The wide areas are sewn up now with Giggs and Cleverley able to play there just the centre to sort out now and we are looking very good for next season. Can't wait for the first preseason game now

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Gashman

It's all doing my head in.

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
Arsenal to sign Oxlade-Chamberlain, stupid little @#%&!.

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news...cle746002.html
who £#%&!ing cares?

if you don't want to play for united then £#%&! off. move turned out well for that little shitbag walcott didnt it.

waste of £#%&!ing time. i hope ramsey breaks his other @#%&!ing leg as well. @#%&!.

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:47 AM
Jack Duckworth

is there any suggestion from the club that nani is going, or is it just speculation on here?

have we actually signed young yet?

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:48 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
who £#%&!ing cares?

if you don't want to play for united then £#%&! off. move turned out well for that little shitbag walcott didnt it.

waste of £#%&!ing time. i hope ramsey breaks his other @#%&!ing leg as well. @#%&!.
I was going to suggest Rooney in midfield today but judging by your mood I might save it for another day

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:48 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Nani gets judged harshly by Utd fans and the press full stop for largely trivial non-footballing reasons. If he was English he'd be £#%&!ing raved about like the next best thing ahead of Wilshere.

To get some context you have to compare him with other wingers around the world and right now no one comes close to matching his effectiveness, efficiency, positivity or quality.

Even when he was bad, faking up a lot and looking like a dick, anyone who genuinely watches the football should've seen that he was still being involved in a lot of goals. He has a knack for creating chances and that's a really really valuable attribute.

I'm gonna be very unhappy if we hold onto Valencia and lose Nani because I think Nani is by far the more useful player down the right. Attack is the best form of defence and all that?
Ashley Cole

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:49 AM
carlosartorial

I doubt we seriously expect to sign Nasri, it's probably just an international wum to piss Wenger off.

Can imagine Le Prof sat on the beach accessing SSN on his blackberry, launching water bottles into the sand every 10 minutes or so.

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:50 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
is there any suggestion from the club that nani is going, or is it just speculation on here?

Nothing concrete on any player so far tbf.

In fact, as that Scottish phone hacker has just said Young's signed and Nani's off, I think we can all rest assured that Nanners is going nowhere and the Young situation will turn into a £#%&!ing saga.

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:51 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Nothing concrete on any player so far tbf.

In fact, as that Scottish phone hacker has just said Young's signed and Nani's off, I think we can all rest assured that Nanners is going nowhere and the Young situation will turn into a £#%&!ing saga.
Young will be signed by the end of the day.

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:54 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
yeah completely agree with that pal.

luffy innit

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:54 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

Just rumours pal.

i will be very shocked if we sell nani; i just can't see it.

He is the best wide player at the club. Tailed off towards the end of last season because he was moved around constantly and was in and out of the side; but that aside he was our most effective attacking player last season imo.

His assist record is/was oustanding. I don't think we would have won the league without his early season form. A terrific player.

Young is supposedly a done deal. Agreed terms in January but they didn't want to sell until the end of the season.

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:55 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Pretty much everything on the last 20 pages or so is based on groundless rumours posted on Twitter

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:59 AM
antonin jablonsky

Not getting the Modric/Nasri comparisons being made?

Unread 10-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Just rumours pal.

i will be very shocked if we sell nani; i just can't see it.

He is the best wide player at the club. Tailed off towards the end of last season because he was moved around constantly and was in and out of the side; but that aside he was our most effective attacking player last season imo.

His assist record is/was oustanding. I don't think we would have won the league without his early season form. A terrific player.

Young is supposedly a done deal. Agreed terms in January but they didn't want to sell until the end of the season.
Added to the fact that scouse sloth tried to snap his shin.

Unread 10-06-2011, 10:00 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Can imagine Le Prof sat on the beach accessing SSN on his blackberry, launching water bottles into the sand every 10 minutes or so.
I hope he is.

If it weren't dor his contract situation, I'd say we had no chance, but with only a year left anything can happen...

Unread 10-06-2011, 10:09 AM
believe

I've just had ADAM put on the back of my shirt
Closed Thread