United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Enjoying Insanity

England's whole gameplan was based on Chelsea's tactic of hoofing the ball up to a target man and letting Fat F£#%&! pick up the second ball and belt it at goal hoping for a deflection. Unfortunately the circus freak is no Drogba and England don't have a Makele or Essien in midfield for doing that cockney @#%&!'s running.

As for Wayne Bridge, don't think I have ever seen such an inept performance from a professional footballer.

Unread 22-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I couldn't disagree more, Gerrard at least turned up and put effort in. Lampard was totally anonymous as usual and Gareth Platini was dreadful. Tough night for Gerrard as he was manning a 3 man midfield essentially alone.
Gerrard tries all the time, Lampard is a big girls blouse.Fact.

Unread 22-11-2007, 02:01 PM
S/Side.Red

Lampard was quiet, Gerrard was prominently awful pretty much every time he touched the ball. The most disappointing performance of the lot for me, but the least surprising. It was a perfect example of why Benitez doesn't trust him in the middle; he doesn't appreciate the value of possession. The amount of times he gave the ball away with his brainless first-time passes into empty areas in the final third was incredible.

Unread 22-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Winston Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
England's whole gameplan was based on Chelsea's tactic of hoofing the ball up to a target man and letting Fat F£#%&! pick up the second ball and belt it at goal hoping for a deflection. Unfortunately the circus freak is no Drogba and England don't have a Makele or Essien in midfield for doing that cockney @#%&!'s running.

As for Wayne Bridge, don't think I have ever seen such an inept performance from a professional footballer.
Yep. He was awful. Phil>Bridge

Unread 22-11-2007, 02:14 PM
Argentina

Scott Carson -

Micah 'Big Girls are beautiful' Richards - The next Duncan Edwards Showed himself as a mere athlete. No football skill or brain.

Sol Campbell - Past it. Stick to holding hands with Lennox Lewis

Lescott - As a centre half you a) have to be able to win headers against a forward who has a standing start, then b) have to have the peice of mind to track him back until you are in possession again

Bridge - Dear god.

SWP - Not bad. Not particularly good. Threaded one nice one through to Richards, but he £#%&!ed it up, (see above). Should have scored

Gerrard - Drove the team forward, but was like a car with a V8 supercharged engine, but with no gears or steering wheel. Inept brainless hopefull passes. Especially at 2-2 with 10 to go

Lampard - Lampard? It took me 20 minutes to realise he was playing. Another 20 minutes to realise he hadnt been taken off at half time and another 20 minutes to realise he hadnt been subbed midway through the 2nd half.

Barry - Anonymous because Gerrard refused to give it simple. Has no break-the-forward line use, and no incisive passing use.

Cole - Set up the penalty with a nice cross. Croatia dealt with him well.

Crouch - Did what was expected of him. Won things, flicked them on. But youve got to have the brain to not flick things on when people arent going beyond you. Liverpool are welcome to him

Beckham - Cant expect him to lead a resurgence but did.

Defoe - Menace and caused a problem which led to a goal

Unread 22-11-2007, 02:15 PM
bruntyboy

The penalty should have been retaken - a couple of the other England players were well inside the box when he took it.

Unread 22-11-2007, 02:16 PM
Sloppy

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle491660.ece

LAMPARD
HARD to believe that he had a point to prove during a fairly anonymous performance in the first half. But at least he showed real guts to take responsibility for the 56th-minute penalty which sparked an England fightback. 6

Unread 22-11-2007, 02:20 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina

Lampard - Lampard? It took me 20 minutes to realise he was playing. Another 20 minutes to realise he hadnt been taken off at half time and another 20 minutes to realise he hadnt been subbed midway through the 2nd half.
That's no way to speak about effers Man of the Match.

Unread 22-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Enjoying Insanity

I'd love to find anyone who honestly believes that Fat Frank and Gerarrd are a better midfield pairing than Carrick and Hargreaves.

That said O'Bese and TSP are a better partnership than the two most overrated players in World football.

Unread 22-11-2007, 02:59 PM
bruntyboy

Quote:
Scott Carson -

Micah 'Big Girls are beautiful' Richards - The next Duncan Edwards Showed himself as a mere athlete. No football skill or brain.

Lescott - As a centre half you a) have to be able to win headers against a forward who has a standing start, then b) have to have the peice of mind to track him back until you are in possession again

Bridge - Dear god.

SWP - Not bad. Not particularly good. Threaded one nice one through to Richards, but he £#%&!ed it up, (see above). Should have scored

Gerrard - Drove the team forward, but was like a car with a V8 supercharged engine, but with no gears or steering wheel. Inept brainless hopefull passes. Especially at 2-2 with 10 to go

Barry - Anonymous because Gerrard refused to give it simple. Has no break-the-forward line use, and no incisive passing use.

Crouch - Did what was expected of him. Won things, flicked them on. But youve got to have the brain to not flick things on when people arent going beyond you. Liverpool are welcome to him

You're having a laugh on both of these aren't you?

Unread 22-11-2007, 03:14 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I saw him fleetingly last night when he "bravely" scored a penalty but before and after I saw him not.
i thought he did okay. You really hate him don't you?

Unread 22-11-2007, 03:16 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Scott Carson -

Bridge - Dear god.

yes, Gerrard is a headless chicken for England.

Unread 22-11-2007, 03:18 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
i thought he did okay. You really hate him don't you?
Nope, don't hate him. Don't rate him either. I honestly cannot see how he did OK by doing nothing at all but "bravely" score a penaty though, just don't see it.

Unread 22-11-2007, 03:18 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
that is as bad a description of chelsea's tactics as i've ever seen. pretty it's not, but it's nothing like route one.

Unread 22-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruntyboy
You're having a laugh on both of these aren't you?
Did you not read on after I wrote that about Gerrard

Quote:
'Gerrard - Drove the team forward, but was like a car with a V8 supercharged engine, but with no gears or steering wheel. Inept brainless hopefull passes. Especially at 2-2 with 10 to go'
Defoe got the wrong side of a forward. Once. A penalty resulted. Thats why I said he caused 'a' problem. Not 'problems'. Therefore he was more of a menace than any other player in an England shirt.

And besides, for some reason I see him a menace type person. Someone who at school would be the main kid Id get in trouble with.

Unread 22-11-2007, 03:33 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Nope, don't hate him. Don't rate him either. I honestly cannot see how he did OK by doing nothing at all but "bravely" score a penaty though, just don't see it.
He is a good player. He is not the type of midfielder we tend to have at OT as fergie prefers midfielders with more guile but he is still an effective footballer. His record speaks for itself.

Unread 22-11-2007, 03:35 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
that is as bad a description of chelsea's tactics as i've ever seen. pretty it's not, but it's nothing like route one.
i totally agree

Unread 22-11-2007, 03:35 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
He is a good player. He is not the type of midfielder we tend to have at OT as fergie prefers midfielders with more guile but he is still an effective footballer. His record speaks for itself.
As I said elsewhere I think he only really performs when you absolutely design your team to suit him and he isn't a good enough player to justify that. Just my opinion and not based on hate.

Unread 22-11-2007, 06:28 PM
andy1408

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
what's that tongue thing all about?
Pies for tea
Closed Thread