United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-09-2012, 10:17 AM
wonky no

Default rooney: our midfield general

seems the perfect solution to me. we have a wealth of talent upfront. when players start returning from injury, especially at the back, i think we with see exactly why we bought percy.

pretty confident that fergie has pulled it out of the bag again.

carrick and rooney
title 20

Unread 01-09-2012, 10:23 AM
armchair

That last tackle he attempted went well.

Unread 01-09-2012, 10:31 AM
Mr_Ed

Yep... As I said before... It'll be as affective as when Smiffy dropped back with such great effect

Unread 01-09-2012, 10:41 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Yep... As I said before... It'll be as affective as when Smiffy dropped back with such great effect
smiffy was a @#%&! and a shocking footballer. more akin to scholes dropping back in my opinion. obviously rooney wont have the gingers finess but he'll mak up for that in bullishness.

as long as he avoids getting landed on, eh

Unread 01-09-2012, 10:46 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
smiffy was a @#%&! and a shocking footballer. more akin to scholes dropping back in my opinion. obviously rooney wont have the gingers finess but he'll mak up for that in bullishness.

as long as he avoids getting landed on, eh
He was stamped on because he went in wildly. It wasn't an accident but it's one you can never prove.

Unread 01-09-2012, 10:51 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
He was stamped on because he went in wildly. It wasn't an accident but it's one you can never prove.
a touch of the robbo's about him. he needs to grow into the roll. he tackles a lot from the side/rear usually as hes been turned or beaten by a pass, leaving him chasing the ball. if hes deeper he'll be facing players. hes built for a midfield roll. hes box to box, can pass, shoot and tackle. maybe gazza with a sprinling of robson

Unread 01-09-2012, 10:55 AM
captain scarlet

"On paper" Rooney sounds a plausible fit-tendency to drop deep in any case/more physical presence that the current balsa brigade/good at football. It's just the reality of it that gets in the way.

Unread 01-09-2012, 11:06 AM
dunk

£#%&! off wonks, he's got the touch of a baby elephant and the awareness of a bat in the day time. He's £#%&!ing shit in midfield.

Unread 01-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Withers

Would be blowing out of his arse before half time, and probably sent off in half our away games.

Comparing him to Robson.

Unread 01-09-2012, 11:10 AM
when the seagulls

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
a touch of the robbo's about him. he needs to grow into the roll. he tackles a lot from the side/rear usually as hes been turned or beaten by a pass, leaving him chasing the ball. if hes deeper he'll be facing players. hes built for a midfield roll. hes box to box, can pass, shoot and tackle. maybe gazza with a sprinling of robson
seriously come on now Rooney box to box did you happen to notice how out of shape he is.

Unread 01-09-2012, 11:11 AM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by when the seagulls
seriously come on now Rooney box to box did you happen to notice how out of shape he is.
Its all them rolls hes been having pre season.

Unread 01-09-2012, 11:12 AM
bobbledinho

The idea fills me with dread. Horrible first touch, his awareness in midfield seems to disappear, the idea someone might be on top of him as he receives the ball seems to always catch him by surprise. He also doesn't have the ability to get out of tight spaces. Kaggers, Cleverley, Scholes and Carrick will happily take and give the ball in tight spaces. Rooney can't.

Unread 01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
borsuk

you have to remember that wonks' last plan to save united's midfield involved darron gibson. go easy on him lads

Unread 01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
"On paper" Rooney sounds a plausible fit-tendency to drop deep in any case/more physical presence that the current balsa brigade/good at football. It's just the reality of it that gets in the way.
the reality is he's capable and the options out there are few and far between.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
£#%&! off wonks, he's got the touch of a baby elephant and the awareness of a bat in the day time. He's £#%&!ing shit in midfield.
rooney has the the touch and awareness of any top footballer. to seriously argue otherwise is just unreasonable. upfront hes sometimes clumbsy but tbf to him hes gang banged by defences for 90 mins. the premiership is hard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Would be blowing out of his arse before half time, and probably sent off in half our away games. the same could be said of a young roy keane, you'd have put good money on him getting more reds than motm's.

Comparing him to Robson.
'a touch of robson' hes tireless, never gives up physically and can find goal scoring opportunities from the centre of midfield.

Quote:
Originally Posted by when the seagulls
hes basically had 3 games since the end of last season. hes hardly neville southall

Unread 01-09-2012, 11:27 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
you have to remember that wonks' last plan to save united's midfield involved darron gibson. go easy on him lads
aye, the same gibson who set up our first defeat this season.

Unread 01-09-2012, 11:29 AM
borsuk

I'd love us to sign the player wonks is describing tbh.

Unread 01-09-2012, 11:31 AM
Zorg

Rooney needs to be given the job of finishing and nothing else.

He's not got the close control, tackling or stamina required for a midfielder.

Unread 01-09-2012, 11:49 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Rooney needs to be given the job of finishing and nothing else.

He's not got the close control, tackling or stamina required for a midfielder.
this.

Wonks is a nice guy but he needs professional help (imo)

Unread 01-09-2012, 11:55 AM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
I'd love us to sign the player wonks is describing tbh.

Unread 01-09-2012, 01:52 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
What a lout. :shakehead:

That tat.
Closed Thread