United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-08-2012, 08:34 PM
dunk

Default Adam Johnson

Joined Sunderland.

Mancini has been bitching about their lack of transfer activity again as well hasn't he?

Can see them signing a couple next week.

Unread 24-08-2012, 08:57 PM
red in cumbria

Could do well for them, tbh.

Unread 24-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Zorg

Ha, city's empire crumbles. This is the beginning of the end, nqat.

Unread 24-08-2012, 09:55 PM
Switching Off

Decent player, did he turn down the vermin then?

Unread 24-08-2012, 09:57 PM
Ashley's Grime

Could do with shitneck leaving now.

Unread 25-08-2012, 06:50 AM
Stickman

What a signing that is. I think they made a mistake there.

Unread 25-08-2012, 01:07 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
What a signing that is. I think they made a mistake there.
Who??

Unread 25-08-2012, 02:25 PM
saffers

Johnson out and Sinclair in weakens City.

Rodwell in and De Jong out the same. They would have been better off doing £#%&! all this summer.

Unread 25-08-2012, 02:28 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

Rodwell in and De Jong out the same. They would have been better off doing £#%&! all this summer.
Loving Mancini's incessant whining about lack of players signed. I hope Swansea £#%&! them off for Sinclair (No idea why he would want that move anyway) and De Rossi maintains his stance and they sign £#%&! all. What is it, about £150m a year for 3 years and now they're bitching after 1 quiet window :shakehead:

Unread 25-08-2012, 02:42 PM
Tronics

Quote:

thats what i thought when i first heard about Sinclair going there

but i guess in Mancini's defence his relationship with Johnson isn't the best. so i getting in someone else that can do the same job for you but actually wants to play for you was too good to resist

i just have my doubts as to whether Sinclair has the character to hold his own in that squad full of egos

Unread 28-08-2012, 04:03 PM
saffers

Graeme Bailey ‏@SkyGraemeBailey
Sky Sports understands that Man City and Swansea have been unable to agree a fee for Scott Sinclair.

"Ask Marwood".

Unread 28-08-2012, 04:27 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Graeme Bailey ‏@SkyGraemeBailey
Sky Sports understands that Man City and Swansea have been unable to agree a fee for Scott Sinclair.

"Ask Marwood".
Shame, tbh. He's shite.

Unread 28-08-2012, 04:53 PM
elhombre

saw mancini crying about the lack of transfers and the need to strengthen...

£#%&! me, is he stupid?

the amount of money he's £#%&!ed on that team, only for them to beat froggleson's shit @#%&!s by GD is insane and then the next season he says he needs more....

he is to football managers what gordon the gopher is to formula 1.... the £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 28-08-2012, 04:59 PM
JakeB

Thought they'd slow down with their transfers a bit this summer, but didn't expect this really

Rodwell and struggling to got Scott Sinclair, who'd have thunk it.

Unread 28-08-2012, 05:11 PM
tetrisblock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeB
Thought they'd slow down with their transfers a bit this summer, but didn't expect this really

Rodwell and struggling to got Scott Sinclair, who'd have thunk it.

Not sure how many injuries they have besides Ageuro and Clichy being unavailable for the match, but their squad looked shit against the scousers, alot of average players in there,
I never thought we'd see them do next to nothing and arguably reduce the quality of their squad. Are they afraid of FFP?

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Toure, Kolarov, Toure, De Jong, Milner, Tevez, Nasri, Balotelli.

Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Dzeko, Savic, Rodwell, Silva, Razak.

Unread 28-08-2012, 05:13 PM
utd99

Last year Sunderland were pretty decent defensively, but were a bit toothless going forward. Bringing in Johnson, Fletcher, Saha and probably now Dempsey, while retaining Sessignon and McClean certainly goes some way to addressing that weakness.

If the name of the game for mid table teams in post season is to upgrade the quality of your squad while not losing your better players, then I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Sunderland have done the best business of anyone in the Prem during this window.

Unread 28-08-2012, 05:59 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrisblock
Not sure how many injuries they have besides Ageuro and Clichy being unavailable for the match, but their squad looked shit against the scousers, alot of average players in there,
I never thought we'd see them do next to nothing and arguably reduce the quality of their squad. Are they afraid of FFP?

Hart, Zabaleta, Kompany, Toure, Kolarov, Toure, De Jong, Milner, Tevez, Nasri, Balotelli.

Subs: Pantilimon, Lescott, Dzeko, Savic, Rodwell, Silva, Razak.
They had a midfield of Kolaraov-Yaya Toure-Rodwell-De Jong and Milner in the second half against Liverpool, almost the complete stylistic opposite to Utd in that it was populated entirely by athletes and workhorses.

Very reliant on Silva and Aguero to give that little bit of flair. Nasri flatters to deceive the vast majority of the time, not a player that Utd should be worried about missing out on.

Unread 28-08-2012, 06:18 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Last year Sunderland were pretty decent defensively, but were a bit toothless going forward. Bringing in Johnson, Fletcher, Saha and probably now Dempsey, while retaining Sessignon and McClean certainly goes some way to addressing that weakness.

If the name of the game for mid table teams in post season is to upgrade the quality of your squad while not losing your better players, then I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out that Sunderland have done the best business of anyone in the Prem during this window.
Dempsey's going to sunderland? Ha The dippers cant attract anyone

Unread 28-08-2012, 06:54 PM
red in cumbria

Except, of course, for Sahin

Unread 28-08-2012, 07:17 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Except, of course, for Sahin
Faced with sitting on the Madrid bench or playing every week in the premier league, he's chosen to put himself in the shop window.
Closed Thread