United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-03-2018, 11:22 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
That's because you only look at things through a United prism so whatever praise Utd got was never enough. If Clive Tylsdely or whatever his name is commentary in 99 was about another side you'd be thinking it was the most nauseating passage you'd heard. Same with less significant moments like Martial's goal vs Liverpool.

The point is every fanbase behaves like they're being unfairly treated. During the best days of Fergie rivals had to live with watching and hearing about us being top dogs. We could point and laugh at the rivals who cried cheating and refs being in the pocket, commentators supporting Utd etc. I believe that was known as boiling piss.

To get back to those days we've got to focus on ourselves and earn the right to receive ultimate praise and glory - even if it is through gritted teeth. If Utd apply themselves in the Champions League, it's not out of this world to suggest this squad could scab it. There are worse squads than ours who might fancy their chances. We'd have to significantly lift the performances but surely the motivation now the league is gone shifts to the cups. And Utd lifting the trophy that is the pinnacle of club football would boil piss nqat.

good post overall, but there's not a hope in hell of us winning the European Cup with this lot.
Nowhere near good enough in any area of the pitch + we don't have the courage or spirit to win it against the odds.

We're still a mess, regardless of Sundays result.
Just gotta hope City don't win it

Unread 01-03-2018, 11:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
good post overall, but there's not a hope in hell of us winning the European Cup with this lot.
Nowhere near good enough in any area of the pitch + we don't have the courage or spirit to win it against the odds.

We're still a mess, regardless of Sundays result.
Just gotta hope City don't win it
I think with so many of Europe’s top sides looking below par you’ve got to fancy them to do it.

Unread 01-03-2018, 11:39 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think with so many of Europe’s top sides looking below par you’ve got to fancy them to do it.
yep, it's £#%&!ing all falling into place for the scabby @#%&!s.

No way Madrid are winning it again, Bayern are shitehouses against English Clubs, Messi & Suarez are both as brilliant as ever but Pep would probably know how to beat them over 2 legs.
that really only leaves English clubs which is a depressing state of affairs.

Unread 02-03-2018, 12:12 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
yep, it's £#%&!ing all falling into place for the scabby @#%&!s.

No way Madrid are winning it again, Bayern are shitehouses against English Clubs, Messi & Suarez are both as brilliant as ever but Pep would probably know how to beat them over 2 legs.
that really only leaves English clubs which is a depressing state of affairs.
Never count them out.

Unread 02-03-2018, 12:34 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
That's because you only look at things through a United prism so whatever praise Utd got was never enough. If Clive Tylsdely or whatever his name is commentary in 99 was about another side you'd be thinking it was the most nauseating passage you'd heard. Same with less significant moments like Martial's goal vs Liverpool.

The point is every fanbase behaves like they're being unfairly treated. During the best days of Fergie rivals had to live with watching and hearing about us being top dogs. We could point and laugh at the rivals who cried cheating and refs being in the pocket, commentators supporting Utd etc. I believe that was known as boiling piss.

To get back to those days we've got to focus on ourselves and earn the right to receive ultimate praise and glory - even if it is through gritted teeth. If Utd apply themselves in the Champions League, it's not out of this world to suggest this squad could scab it. There are worse squads than ours who might fancy their chances. We'd have to significantly lift the performances but surely the motivation now the league is gone shifts to the cups. And Utd lifting the trophy that is the pinnacle of club football would boil piss nqat.
Agree with this but the reaction to the Carrick penalty against Spurs in 09 was ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Problem is that Guardiola doesn't let standards slip. His teams tend to be relentless. Battered Arsenal at the weekend and with the league all but sewn up it would have been easy for them to be complacent tonight. Just doesn't ever happen with his sides.

They surely won't get quite as many points but it wouldn't surprise me if it's similarly dominant. f*** knows who they buy this summer with that money set aside for Alexis. If they add more depth in midfield, get Mendy back etc you're talking a huge task in catching them.
Perisic?

Unread 02-03-2018, 12:42 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yep.

Every fan thinks their team is unlucky, their team is more hated and their team hers screwed by refs.
Indeed.

I actually refuse to watch United with my father in law (a lifelong red) because he’s at it all game every £#%&!ing game.

“This ref is a crook!”

“Why have we got Tyler, he hates us”

“The FA are so anti-Man Utd”

It’s so £#%&!ing tedious and dull. Can’t accept when we’ve just been a bit shit or any criticism given.

Unread 02-03-2018, 01:00 AM
Clarkie

Quote:

Yeah, I wasn't just referring to just us. I was referring to everyone. From the French team of the late 90s, to peak Messi's Barcelona, Bayern Munich of 2013, Spain in more recent times, along with us.

I don't recall the Cityesque love in with those teams. That's my point.

I also wasn't complaining of being unfairly treated. Literally no idea where you got that from at all

Unread 02-03-2018, 01:11 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Yeah, I wasn't just referring to just us. I was referring to everyone. From the French team of the late 90s, to peak Messi's Barcelona, Bayern Munich of 2013, Spain in more recent times, along with us.

I don't recall the Cityesque love in with those teams. That's my point.

I also wasn't complaining of being unfairly treated. Literally no idea where you got that from at all
new to fred?

Unread 02-03-2018, 08:05 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky***
i think with so many of europe’s top sides looking below par you’ve got to fancy them to do it.
what you mean is you want them to do it

Unread 02-03-2018, 09:23 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
The point is every fanbase behaves like they're being unfairly treated. During the best days of Fergie rivals had to live with watching and hearing about us being top dogs.
United got a mountain of negative press. Anything possibly negative about city either gets mostly igonored or spun into something positive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
I know I'm a United supporter and all but, I've never heard ANY team or manager in world football, throughout my years, have their arse licked like this.

Not even us when we won the treble
Corrupt oil billionaires who run a country have a bit more sway than the typical club owner. And they’ve been working hard over recent years to get the media on side.

Unread 02-03-2018, 09:25 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
United got a mountain of negative press. Anything possibly negative about city either gets mostly igonored or spun into something positive.
For now.

They're the breath of fresh air at the moment.

They'll put them on this ridiculous footing and be the first to slate them wjen they don't live up to it.

Unread 02-03-2018, 10:27 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

Corrupt oil billionaires who run a country have a bit more sway than the typical club owner. And they’ve been working hard over recent years to get the media on side.
As soon as we won the treble then got 20 pts clear the next January we got the Brazil/FA Cup debacle that we disrespected the FA cup having been coerced into helping England’s bid.

Liverpool, in their pomp could routinely go over the Ball with Souness and Case etc, pass b@ck to Grobelaar and park the bus and still h@ve radio, tv and press drooling all over them. Absolute Bollox it’s subjective.

It’s what they do. Their MO. Just not used to it in Britain and we swallow it. Italians used to say it in the 70s that England are too honest/naive and will never win anything until they wake up. Same in every sport. Oz cricket dirty tricks. Shittiest press in the world hold the most naive national teams to the highest benchmark. Time Liz brought you all to your senses with the birch, public stonings and hanging. Works for the Arabs. Admirable tbh.

Unread 02-03-2018, 10:38 AM
Zorg

Quote:
The point is every fanbase behaves like they're being unfairly treated.
Yep. Like Watford.

Unread 02-03-2018, 10:46 AM
RemisMoses

At least its not Liverpool, that's the only positive to take from it.

Unread 02-03-2018, 11:32 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yep. Like Watford.
Nobody likes Watford

Unread 02-03-2018, 11:47 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Nobody likes Watford
A while ago I innocently asked my Watford supporting mate why they seem to have a lot of managers. He was absolutely livid at the suggestion that they have any more managers than anyone else, cited it as proof everyone is against them and said I was worse than Brexit voters.

Literally days later, they sacked that little guy and brought in their 10th manager in six years and he's barely spoken to me since.

Unread 02-03-2018, 12:05 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
A while ago I innocently asked my Watford supporting mate why they seem to have a lot of managers. He was absolutely livid at the suggestion that they have any more managers than anyone else, cited it as proof everyone is against them and said I was worse than Brexit voters.

Literally days later, they sacked that little guy and brought in their 10th manager in six years and he's barely spoken to me since.
I remember you mentioned that now.

It's true everyone thinks the media are against them. All the berts I know (it's not many) still think they're not getting their due now because they're not as popular as United, and also that the media aren't tough enough on us because they don't want to piss off United supporters because we make up so much of the customer base. I can't see it myself.

Unread 02-03-2018, 12:40 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
I remember you mentioned that now.

It's true everyone thinks the media are against them. All the berts I know (it's not many) still think they're not getting their due now because they're not as popular as United, and also that the media aren't tough enough on us because they don't want to piss off United supporters because we make up so much of the customer base. I can't see it myself.
That's my experience with my Bert brother in law too, every other day his twitter feed is a mass of some bizarre media conspiracy %@#$&!s because some commentator or other didn't blow enough smoke up Peps arse 'compared to the rags and Ferguson'. The absolute £#%&!ing tinfoil hat refusal to accept that studs up shin high is probably a red 99 times out of a hundred conspiracy theory meltdown when Delph got sent off against Wigan was a joy to behold.

How many years have they been contending now and yet still the greatest pleasure most of them seem to take from it is not winning stuff but that it means we don't.

Unread 02-03-2018, 12:55 PM
puressence

Quote:
nobody likes watford
sparky does his dads a fan

Unread 02-03-2018, 12:56 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
That's my experience with my Bert brother in law too, every other day his twitter feed is a mass of some bizarre media conspiracy balls because some commentator or other didn't blow enough smoke up Peps arse 'compared to the rags and Ferguson'. The absolute f***ing tinfoil hat refusal to accept that studs up shin high is probably a red 99 times out of a hundred conspiracy theory meltdown when Delph got sent off against Wigan was a joy to behold.

How many years have they been contending now and yet still the greatest pleasure most of them seem to take from it is not winning stuff but that it means we don't.
People love the scandal. The conspiracy.

Refs and controversy are very low on my list of interest when it comes to football.

You could have a 3-3 draw, but if There's a controversial penalty incident, it's the first thing pundits and fans will talk about.

There's football there in front of you and you'd rather talk about the law makers and their errors.

Odd.

It's why I'm anti-VAR. I don't want all decisions to be correct. Refs get things wrong. You get unlucky. You get screwed. You should know that going in. If it's between than and stopping every time you score to check it's Ok, then I know what id rather have.
Closed Thread