red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
They'll have to get past riccers first.
Do not understand this comment

Whatever else happens, we will always have the thread subject's smiley

Unread 16-02-2021, 08:12 PM
dunk

It’s a shame, hope he gets a club and has a late career renaissance.

I can vouch for him just wanting to play football, was always at the JJB even when he was supposed to be at Birmingham/West Ham and Lazio

Saw him in Sainsbury’s a couple of weeks ago. Hot bed for lost talent Sainsbury’s Urmston, Rav, Michael Johnson, Matthew Kelly.. you never know who you might see.

Unread 16-02-2021, 08:18 PM
armchair

Maybe Derby.

Unread 16-02-2021, 08:20 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Maybe Derby.
Great shout

Unread 16-02-2021, 08:23 PM
Carlton

Can someone summarise? I can’t bear to listen to a football podcast

Unread 16-02-2021, 08:24 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton
Can someone summarise? I can’t bear to listen to a football podcast
Fergie thought he was brilliant on the pitch, rav got a bit teary hearing this....

Only watched the second post, no way I'm watching a podcast with howson.

Unread 16-02-2021, 08:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Fergie thought he was brilliant on the pitch, rav got a bit teary hearing this....

Only watched the second post, no way I'm watching a podcast with howson.
The fat #@&%! barely speaks tbf.

Fat Sam £#%&!ed him over at West Ham.

He was blissfully unaware of anything as a kid, knocking about with his mates and playing football for United was just what he did, the relevance of playing for United just never occurred to him. He loved to play football and did it at United. He never even considered that he would make it at United.

He ruined Darren Fletcher in training at 16

He nicked Rio and Rooney’s boots and sold them to buy Chinese for his family.

It’s all a bit sad, he’s been chewed up by the game a bit, but lacked the structure and support required as a kid. It’s testament to his talent he got as far as he did imo.

Unread 16-02-2021, 08:32 PM
Carlton

Is what really happened that Ravvers pissed his rare talent away by trying harder to be a wannabe gangster than a wannabe footballer?

Unread 16-02-2021, 08:36 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton
Is what really happened that Ravvers pissed his rare talent away by trying harder to be a wannabe gangster than a wannabe footballer?
I don't think so.

Unread 16-02-2021, 09:05 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I can vouch for him just wanting to play football, was always at the JJB even when he was supposed to be at Birmingham/West Ham and Lazio

Saw him in Sainsbury’s a couple of weeks ago. Hot bed for lost talent Sainsbury’s Urmston, Rav, Michael Johnson, Matthew Kelly.. you never know who you might see.
Me...

Nicky weaver...

Scar if he runs out of meat..

Unread 16-02-2021, 09:07 PM
rubbernecker

He's looking for his 13th club now .

The big question is why none of those clubs have felt like keeping him on the books despite his obvious talent .

More inclined to go with Carlton on this

Unread 16-02-2021, 09:33 PM
Reg Holdsworth

There was a very lengthy article in the Athletic a few weeks ago about him. I think the gist was that he simply lacks the required social skills, and the ability to use a toothbrush apparently

Unread 16-02-2021, 09:43 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reg Holdsworth
There was a very lengthy article in the Athletic a few weeks ago about him. I think the gist was that he simply lacks the required social skills, and the ability to use a toothbrush apparently
Based on that interview I’d say so. Not someone who communicates well, I don’t think his brain does anything naturally other than football, which sounds horrible but isn’t meant to

Unread 17-02-2021, 08:01 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
One of the most objectionable @#%&!s on the internet. Arrogant, fat, know nowt #@&%!.
Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Sounds like a pub footballer
Among others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
TBF it was hardly fraud .

If people want to pay someone ,buy them drinks and help them point at things in mancunia then that's their choice
Just as long as they don’t lend them any money.

Unread 17-02-2021, 10:00 AM
Cream

Maybe he had low self esteem and didn’t want to be successful. Had a lot of distractions available to aid his self sabotage.

He’ll be in trouble down the line unless he’s got a mentor to look after whatever money he’s made.

Made some absolutely stupid choices by the sounds of things.

£#%&!ing hell look at this

Like a season's highlights reel.

Not sure I've seen a more complete set of skills. Not at that age.

Unread 17-02-2021, 11:45 AM
puressence

Quote:

was they filming stars in your eyes ?

Quote:
The fat #@&%! barely speaks tbf.

Fat Sam £#%&!ed him over at West Ham.

He was blissfully unaware of anything as a kid, knocking about with his mates and playing football for United was just what he did, the relevance of playing for United just never occurred to him. He loved to play football and did it at United. He never even considered that he would make it at United.

He ruined Darren Fletcher in training at 16

He nicked Rio and Rooney’s boots and sold them to buy Chinese for his family.

It’s all a bit sad, he’s been chewed up by the game a bit, but lacked the structure and support required as a kid. It’s testament to his talent he got as far as he did imo.
any mention of the court case ? intimidating witnesses ? or is this the wrong player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Maybe he had low self esteem and didn’t want to be successful. Had a lot of distractions available to aid his self sabotage.

He’ll be in trouble down the line unless he’s got a mentor to look after whatever money he’s made.

Made some absolutely stupid choices by the sounds of things.

£#%&!ing hell look at this

https://youtu.be/KXjDk1rPL7o

Like a season's highlights reel.

Not sure I've seen a more complete set of skills. Not at that age.
seen pub footballers do more

Unread 17-02-2021, 01:54 PM
Cream

Watched the podcast. Talking about a championship club picking him up next season or maybe la liga.

Would love him back at United, what a fairy tale that would be. I imagine he's relatively shit now though after his development stalled.

He spoke about a lack of fitness and game time affecting his form. Which I'm sure is true of the vast majority of players.

Don't like that he's an Arsenal fan.

Unread 17-02-2021, 02:12 PM
Sparky***

Unread 17-02-2021, 02:15 PM
dunk

Tbf Wilf always strikes me as a whiny #@&%!. Whenever I see him play he looks like he needs a slap.
Closed Thread