United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-07-2018, 01:34 PM
tatty

Mou is burning through the goodwill of even his own supporters.

If we're average again at Xmas I reckon he'll be struggling.

Unread 24-07-2018, 01:38 PM
elhombre

They've not even kicked a ball yet.

Unread 24-07-2018, 02:04 PM
Clownbones

That's the worst apostrophe I've ever seen.

Unread 24-07-2018, 02:09 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
Thought this was a match thread for a second there

Unread 24-07-2018, 02:19 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs down

Can't wait for the season to end

Unread 24-07-2018, 02:21 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
The lack of expectation and bulllshit PR leads me to think and hope this may be a decent season
this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
dont let that stop the doomlords saying Mourinho will be gone by christmas and we're £#%&!ed

It's great to see so many experts who are ITK with regards to transfers, the relationship between Mourinho and Woodward, his relationship with the players yadda yadda yadda

stupid £#%&!ing @#%&!s

Unread 24-07-2018, 02:38 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
this.

dont let that stop the doomlords saying Mourinho will be gone by christmas and we're £#%&!ed

It's great to see so many experts who are ITK with regards to transfers, the relationship between Mourinho and Woodward, his relationship with the players yadda yadda yadda

stupid £#%&!ing @#%&!s
It's nothing do with being ITK pal. You only need to look at his career and the signs before the inevitable #headsgone moment.

The signs have been there for a while and his recent comments about Pogba, transfers, pre season and whatever the £#%&! else he wants to moan about are clear to see it's not going to end well...

Unread 24-07-2018, 02:40 PM
Drexl

Don't think they do boots, but a wooden sole would hurt

Unread 24-07-2018, 02:45 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
Yep. Was peps spending which caused Seville to knock us out of europe etc
Whose spending was it that got city knocked out of the FA cup by Wigan?
Or the CL by Liverpool?

Fatuous.

The league is the litmus test for any manager. We finished where we deserved to finish, maybe a place or two higher going off the plaudits Spurs and Liverpool get on here.

Bemoaning the fact we can't buy Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar etc is one thing. But if, IF, the club refuse to stump up for the likes of Perisic and Sandro, then Mourinho would have every right to manage expectations.

City have a better squad and a better manager. Ask the bookies what they think about that.

Unread 24-07-2018, 02:48 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Or the CL by Liverpool?

Fatuous.

The league is the litmus test for any manager. We finished where we deserved to finish, maybe a place or two higher going off the plaudits Spurs and Liverpool get on here.

Bemoaning the fact we can't buy Ronaldo, Bale, Neymar etc is one thing. But if, IF, the club refuse to stump up for the likes of Perisic and Sandro, then Mourinho would have every right to manage expectations.

City have a better squad and a better manager. Ask the bookies what they think about that.
Don't need to ask the bookies to be fair, you can ask anyone with a brain cell.

Unread 24-07-2018, 02:51 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Or the CL by Liverpool?

Fatuous.

its not about city or any other team, we have gone into seasons with worse squads than this its as if he is admitting defeat before we have even started that for me is unforgivable.

As a leader you have to create a winning environment not one filled with excuses before you even start

Unread 24-07-2018, 02:55 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
its not about city or any other team, we have gone into seasons with worse squads than this its as if he is admitting defeat before we have even started that for me is unforgivable.

As a leader you have to create a winning environment not one filled with excuses before you even start
But Fergie was always the better manager.

It's very much about stopping City winning the league more often than not, year in year out.

You're sleepwalking into it...

Unread 24-07-2018, 02:57 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
But Fergie was always the better manager.

It's very much about stopping City winning the league more often than not, year in year out.

You're sleepwalking into it...
you care about city I dont give a £#%&! really, I want to enjoy watching united.

A number of times he has thrown shade at the fans at his own players and its not as if its paid off either.

Unread 24-07-2018, 02:58 PM
tatty

Quote:

A 'win' will be a top 4 finish.

We feel further away from a PL winning team than we were in the 80s (when we had a fantastic spine in the side btw).

Unread 24-07-2018, 03:03 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
A 'win' will be a top 4 finish.

We feel further away from a PL winning team than we were in the 80s (when we had a fantastic spine in the side btw).
hard to compare now to the 80s I would say today we have more teams that could win the league.

Unread 24-07-2018, 03:07 PM
Cream

Quote:
you care about city I dont give a £#%&! really, I want to enjoy watching united.

A number of times he has thrown shade at the fans at his own players and its not as if its paid off either.
It has, quantitatively speaking. Sure we could have been closer to City in terms of points but that's really not important.

The hope this season is that City have peaked, and maybe they have a little slump. If that turns out to be the case then we should be doing everything to ensure we're there to snatch top spot. I'm not sure signing Fred is gonna cut it.

You sound like the sort of person who would be not too dissatisfied by Spurs' transfer window. Because at least you'd get to see some good football and hear some positivity from the manager. I'd £#%&!ing hate it.

Unread 24-07-2018, 03:08 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
It has, quantitatively speaking. Sure we could have been closer to City in terms of points but that's really not important.

The hope this season is that City have peaked, and maybe they have a little slump. If that turns out to be the case then we should be doing everything to ensure we're there to snatch top spot. I'm not sure signing Fred is gonna cut it.

You sound like the sort of person who would be not too dissatisfied by Spurs' transfer window. Because at least you'd get to see some good football and hear some positivity from the manager. I'd £#%&!ing hate it.
city city city city city city zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Unread 24-07-2018, 03:09 PM
tatty

Quote:
hard to compare now to the 80s I would say today we have more teams that could win the league.
You would perhaps think that but the number of different teams winning in recent decades has been pretty consistant:

80s 4
90s 4
00s 3
10s 4

The 1970s was a little more competitive with 6 sides winning the league including Derby...twice.

Unread 24-07-2018, 03:09 PM
Cream

Quote:
city city city city city city zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Unread 24-07-2018, 03:16 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
oh and just to add if I was a spurs fan with a nice new stadium played some fantastic football last year and the manager trusted the squad we have knowing we are not the biggest club around I would be happy with the progress made yeah I would not be shitting the bed.

I am not expecting to win the lot every year again I just want the manager to go out and start with the £#%&!ing goal of winning something and not starting out with a £#%&!ing bucket list of excuses

#Jose
Closed Thread