United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 13-09-2015, 02:41 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Both not helped by Mata offering absolute nothing at all on the right whilst also hindering Darmian's attacking adventures by offering nothing in the way of cover/support for him. He slows everything down and is easily negated by the opposition meaning there's even more pressure heaped on Rooney and Memphis.

I'd rather Young started on the right than Mata tbh.
have a day off.

Unread 13-09-2015, 02:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
have a day off.
The truth will set you free..

And more importantly the United forward line.

Unread 13-09-2015, 02:45 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Both not helped by Mata offering absolute nothing at all on the right whilst also hindering Darmian's attacking adventures by offering nothing in the way of cover/support for him. He slows everything down and is easily negated by the opposition meaning there's even more pressure heaped on Rooney and Memphis.

I'd rather Young started on the right than Mata tbh.
Apart from letting him score goals.

Unread 13-09-2015, 02:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Goal.

Normally because they've forgotten he's playing

I'd be more inclined to play him off the forward through the middle if he's going to play, purely for his penchant for being on the end of things, but Herrera is far more dynamic.

Unread 13-09-2015, 02:50 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yeah, slightly strange way to put it because although the first half United were dominant and controlled the game without creating, Liverpool were allowing that. Went ahead a few minutes after the break so the second half was always going to be a bit more open with Liverpool having their moments and United getting a bit more space. He's basically talking control, but that's his emphasis atm.

Still lots of work to be done finding those patterns and combinations to break down deep lines. Obviously the excruciatingly embarrassing inclusion of Fellaini as the striker is a factor that hopefully won't be repeated too often this season.
The Fellaini option was inevitable as soon as LVG stripped the squad of all the attacking back up. It will be repeated often, it is the squad that he has chosen. Martial up front on occasion but I would expect a year of playing mostly from wide while he becomes accustomed to the physical nature of the league before he is starting consistently up front.

Perhaps in rotation with Depay who does not look quite ready just yet.

Unread 13-09-2015, 02:51 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Classic dunk

Unread 13-09-2015, 02:55 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
The Fellaini option was inevitable as soon as LVG stripped the squad of all the attacking back up. It will be repeated often, it is the squad that he has chosen. Martial up front on occasion but I would expect a year of playing mostly from wide while he becomes accustomed to the physical nature of the league before he is starting consistently up front.

I think it depends a little on how well Martial does. Hopefully Rooney isn't out too long this time and too often generally, but no reason Martial can't be the no2 option. I understand yesterday might have been a big ask to start him, but he showed the right temperament.

Did Wilson go on loan? If there's any belief in Wilson he should get a game ahead of £#%&!ing Fellaini, surely.

Unread 13-09-2015, 02:55 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
Classic dunk
Just like Hernandez

Unread 13-09-2015, 02:57 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
I think it depends a little on how well Martial does. Hopefully Rooney isn't out too long this time and too often generally, but no reason Martial can't be the no2 option. I understand yesterday might have been a big ask to start him, but he showed the right temperament.

Did Wilson go on loan? If there's any belief in Wilson he should get a game ahead of £#%&!ing Fellaini, surely.
We just need to accept that Fellaini is one of LVG's most trusted players.

Nausea.

Unread 13-09-2015, 03:01 PM
Mark Corrigan

Any decent second half highlights anywhere? Ideally with sky commentary. Fell asleep during match of the day

Unread 13-09-2015, 03:03 PM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
Any decent second half highlights anywhere? Ideally with sky commentary. Fell asleep during match of the day
Try reddit football highlights.

Unread 13-09-2015, 03:09 PM
Mark Corrigan

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Try reddit football highlights.

YHIGR

Unread 13-09-2015, 03:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Nausea.
First start this season? We thought Valencia was one of his favourites. He knows Fellaini is no kind of long-term option.

In fairness, I thought he'd do a bit better yesterday. As I think Nev or Carragher said, he wasn't even a nuisance.

Unread 13-09-2015, 03:16 PM
angrydimaria

Quote:
First start this season? We thought Valencia was one of his favourites. He knows Fellaini is no kind of long-term option.

In fairness, I thought he'd do a bit better yesterday. As I think Nev or Carragher said, he wasn't even a nuisance.
looked very passive and disheartened... Very very good I say

Unread 13-09-2015, 03:42 PM
Nicebutdim

Quote:

Yeah there are a few options who could fill in as striker. Could have used Depay against Liverpool and started Young. It was strange to use Fellaini and then not get many crosses in to him (but thats been the case all season).

Unread 13-09-2015, 03:47 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

What a well taken penalty.

Unread 13-09-2015, 04:06 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
What a well taken penalty.
You just don't save those, Richard.

Unread 13-09-2015, 04:42 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Nausea.
He "does a job".

Of course, SAF also had people like that.

Unread 13-09-2015, 04:47 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
He "does a job".

Of course, SAF also had people like that.

He didn't yesterday.

Didn't hold the ball up. Wasn't an aerial threat. Wasn't a goal threat.

If he's failing to be, as Carragher rightly said, a nuisance, then he really is completely useless.

Unread 13-09-2015, 04:48 PM
red in cumbria

Yeah he was bobbins yesterday, but I can understand why LvG sees some use in him.