United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 25-02-2018, 04:48 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
I'm old enough to remember when just about beating another member of the big six on our own £#%&!ing patch wasn't cause to go giving it the old Charlie Big %@#$&!s on message boards.

It was a good win, I'm happy with the result, but that first half was dreadful in terms of retaining possession and going forward, and it should still be better after 2 and half years and several hundred million pounds. One decent result doesn't change that.

Saffers now the footballing equivalent of "It's £#%&!ing freezing Today, where's your £#%&!ing global warming now eh?"
You old enough to remember many victories over Chelsea? Because i £#%&!ing can't.

Unread 25-02-2018, 04:49 PM
Tronics

Great result that, wasn't pretty but i think we responded well going a goal behind, a lot of the lads stepped up big style

Lukaku, Pogba, Matic (dirty @#%&!) & Lingard

Unread 25-02-2018, 04:50 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
I'm old enough to remember when just about beating another member of the big six on our own £#%&!ing patch wasn't cause to go giving it the old Charlie Big %@#$&!s on message boards.

It was a good win, I'm happy with the result, but that first half was dreadful in terms of retaining possession and going forward, and it should still be better after 2 and half years and several hundred million pounds. One decent result doesn't change that.

Saffers now the footballing equivalent of "It's £#%&!ing freezing Today, where's your £#%&!ing global warming now eh?"
Think you'll find it's probably a reaction to the piss the beds that suddenly find a voice every time we lose. Absolutely embarrassing tbh.

'One decent result'

We're second pal. Cheer up eh

Unread 25-02-2018, 04:52 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I'm old enough to remember when just about beating another member of the big six on our own f***ing patch wasn't cause to go giving it the old Charlie Big balls on message boards.

Saffers now the footballing equivalent of "It's f***ing freezing Today, where's your f***ing global warming now eh?"
I've been as critical as anyone this week, but it's not going to get sorted by one game. You're looking for improvements. Some things we haven't seen recently or perhaps at all.

We were by no means perfect and the first half was awful, but a big question mark has been our ability to show some fight..

Doubts over the attitude of Pogba, the form of Matic and the big game output of Lukaku.... all turned up today.

There were some encouraging signs and, above all, it was a good win with two good goals.. nothing wrong with enjoying the moment.

Unread 25-02-2018, 04:54 PM
dunk

We turned up for Chelsea at home last season too..

Unread 25-02-2018, 04:54 PM
Pop

Good win, certainly against them cockney £#%&!ers, didn't expect it tbh.

Hopefully there won't be any slip-ups in March, least of all against you know £#%&!ing who in two weeks time

Unread 25-02-2018, 04:55 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Think you'll find it's probably a reaction to the piss the beds that suddenly find a voice every time we lose. Absolutely embarrassing tbh.

'One decent result'

We're second pal. Cheer up eh
Some people put their house on us being 4th by the end of the afternoon.

Weekend breaks being cancelled as we speak.

Unread 25-02-2018, 04:56 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We turned up for Chelsea at home last season too..
Good to see some consistency against a team we traditionally tank against, good point

Unread 25-02-2018, 04:58 PM
Jethro

Nice and cheery post big match win

Unread 25-02-2018, 05:03 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Good to see some consistency against a team we traditionally tank against, good point
  • United have won two of their past three matches against Chelsea - one more than they managed in their previous 14 combined against the Blues.
  • Chelsea lost a Premier League match in which they scored first for the first time since last April against Crystal Palace. They had won 22 games consecutively when scoring first before today.

Routine win.

Unread 25-02-2018, 05:07 PM
andyroo

Giroud must be the only player who's looked like even more of a ridiculous soufflé in a Chelsea shirt than an Arsenal one

Unread 25-02-2018, 05:16 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Couldn’t watch the game today and logged in to read the match day thread. Knew we won as soon as I saw it was only 22 pages

Hopefully a turning point and good timing if it is.

Quote:

State.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Their manager's "one and a half seasons in" too.
City have spent the past ten years building their club around the intent of attracting guardiola to manage them. United have lurched from one short term decision to another with no plan or intent other than maximising income.

Unread 25-02-2018, 05:27 PM
puressence

Big win struggle for 50 pages loss or draw 80 plus. Answer sparky doesn’t post after a win.

Unread 25-02-2018, 05:33 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs up

fantastic win

up the reds!

Unread 25-02-2018, 05:37 PM
Lodestar

Also thought we'd lose if they scored first as we'd bottle it. Another plus.

2nd half saw much better movement and Sanchez actually found some space.

Happy days.

Unread 25-02-2018, 05:40 PM
irk

showed some fight for once. Stormzy lukaking likeaku a footballer for once. get that man something to run onto innit.

chelsea shitbagged it second half though. and we were still appalling most of the game. I'm glad dave got one of rare bad games out of his system when ultimately it didnt matter.

I'll take that against chelsea though. we very rarely beat the horrid plastic @#%&!s.

Unread 25-02-2018, 05:42 PM
andyroo

Willian trying to read Matic's note

Was Big Nemanja's best game for £#%&!ing ages. Amazing how different things are with a functioning midfield. Who knew.

Unread 25-02-2018, 05:51 PM
Seamus

How is dunk after us winning? He must be gutted

Unread 25-02-2018, 06:00 PM
Sparky***

Well, what a 2nd half that was eh? My stars.

Who would have thought it.

How's everyone feeling?

Unread 25-02-2018, 06:00 PM
dunk