Originally Posted by Ginners
Deaflympics ffs

ill take 100 tickets
Took them 3 hours to get the 100m started last time :shakehead:

Unread 26-02-2013, 03:50 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I'm sure there are ancient reds who still think we should be singing YNWA too.

My old feller has been going 50 years+ and in his words 'it's something cockneys used to call us'. It's got nothing to do with what red issue think, I'm sure some old boys still call football 'soccer' too....
This Man-U hatred has only been around the last ten years ish, because of certain connotations attached to it and grew to be the ABU thing to call us. £#%&! 'em. I'm with Banjos on this, know plenty of old boys who don't have issue with it. Like I said, just find it a bit when people jump on it the minute it's used.

Unread 26-02-2013, 04:25 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
This Man-U hatred has only been around the last ten years ish, because of certain connotations attached to it and grew to be the ABU thing to call us. £#%&! 'em. I'm with Banjos on this, know plenty of old boys who don't have issue with it. Like I said, just find it a bit when people jump on it the minute it's used.
I'm not trying to be awkward but people have baulked at the term Man U since the late 80s/early 90s. Be honest, barring your nearest and dearest...anyone who calls United 'Man U' in 2013 is a £#%&!wit. They just are. No one calls us that anymore.

Unread 26-02-2013, 04:49 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
I'm not trying to be awkward but people have baulked at the term Man U since the late 80s/early 90s. Be honest, barring your nearest and dearest...anyone who calls United 'Man U' in 2013 is a £#%&!wit. They just are. No one calls us that anymore.
Well, my grandad's dead and my old man doesn't really say it anymore, so you could be right.
Closed Thread