View Poll Results: New Old Trafford.
Development of current stadium 81 66.94%
Shiny new one please, on footprint or directly next to. 29 23.97%
Shiny one please not bothered if they move it across town 2 1.65%
Fold the club. 9 7.44%
Voters: 121. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 10-03-2024, 12:59 PM
no fun

I reckon the question is….can OT be tarted up enough to bring it up to the standard of the worlds best/most modern stadiums?

If yes….do it

If no….just put up with what we’ve got, don’t move sites

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:03 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090 View Post
Was it a crime to demolish the stretford end and rebuild it? What’s the difference with doing one stand at a time rather than the whole lot in one go?
They would never have experienced the The Stret, mate

As long as we’re given backing to sort that railway line out: option 1

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:05 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by pc6090 View Post
Was it a crime to demolish the stretford end and rebuild it? What’s the difference with doing one stand at a time rather than the whole lot in one go?
Technically it was a crime not to with the Taylor report no? Just seems like we have more of a choice now so even if it's a bit more difficult to bring the existing stadium up to whatever the expected standard is then it's worth it. Anfield, Bernabeu and Nou Camp all managing it, can't be that difficult

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:20 PM
est.1878

San siro was saved from demolishers by a cultural body. Was it the architecture, the history or both?

Everyone loved that ground and it was a shit hole close up nqat

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:46 PM
pc6090

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878 View Post
What does new Wembley feel like to you vs old Wembley?
Only been to new Wembley for gigs not sport been to old one for both . Facilities wise far superior but it isn’t “Wembley” if you know what I mean

Unread 10-03-2024, 01:50 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo View Post
Old Trafford is the ancestral home of the club, stretching back over 100 years, almost half a century before the Babes were playing on its turf. Best, Law Charlton, then all the way through the Fergie decades and into the modern day. Old Trafford has remained the one constant, linking every part of the club's history throughout the 20th and 21st centuries.

The ground is the same place where Duncan Edwards, Cristiano Ronaldo and Kobbie Mainoo all donned the red shirt as teenagers to play their first home games for the club. Its where we first entered European football, welcoming Di Stefano's Real Madrid, then Maradona's Barcelona and onto the great Juventus sides of the 90s. All on the same ground. Countless league titles won and celebrated on that same ground. Two of the stands are named after men that gave the best part of their lives to the club.

The thought of bulldozing it, and moving somewhere else is sickening. As has been mentioned, the stadium has come through German bombing during a World War, ffs, and now Jim the Thracker wants to knock it down for his 'Wembley of the North' with a bigger museum for the Marlo's of our fanbase to get their day trip SnapChat selfies.

Old Trafford is not just iconic for United, but its an iconic part of European and world football, same way that the Bernabeu and Nou Camp are. Real Madrid and Barcelona both seem to understand and appreciate the importance of maintaining that link with their history through their stadiums, but it seems lost on INEOS. Seeing the end of Old Trafford would be yet another nail in the coffin that carries the dying game of football for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
Didn't take it as a pop pal....

I know there's vastly different views on old Trafford, for me though demolishing the current stadium for a new one is a huge mistake ...

It may be nostalgia, it may be living in the past, but my god, what a past....

Like churches or historic sites being demolished or defaced, it pulls at some deep rooted love for these places that hold memories and ghost of legends that hurts so much ...
These lads know

Unread 10-03-2024, 02:41 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun View Post
I reckon the question is….can OT be tarted up enough to bring it up to the standard of the worlds best/most modern stadiums?

If yes….do it

If no….just put up with what we’ve got, don’t move sites
Honestly believe they will be going through both options with a fine toothcomb before making decision

Unread 10-03-2024, 05:33 PM
Arnold Muhren

Would much prefer to do what RM and Barca are doing to push their grounds to the absolute limit of what is possible (Camp Nou to be 105k and Bernabau to be 96k+ when both refurb jobs are finished). If structurally we can’t do this and HAVE to have a new ground then it needs to top all others in Europe in terms of attendance, facilities and aesthetics. Not some soulless 65k identikit corporate bowl.

Unread 10-03-2024, 09:54 PM
pc6090

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren View Post
Would much prefer to do what RM and Barca are doing to push their grounds to the absolute limit of what is possible (Camp Nou to be 105k and Bernabau to be 96k+ when both refurb jobs are finished). If structurally we can’t do this and HAVE to have a new ground then it needs to top all others in Europe in terms of attendance, facilities and aesthetics. Not some soulless 65k identikit corporate bowl.
I went to Barcelona in January. They may say it’s a renovation but in real terms it’s a rebuild. There was nothing but a concrete shell

Unread 10-03-2024, 09:58 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnold Muhren View Post
Not some soulless 65k identikit corporate bowl.
The best prediction of the future is to look at the past. With seb Coe we are getting another London stadium

Unread 12-03-2024, 06:44 PM
Fat Al

Well, whatever is decided, it's RACIST.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-englan...ester-68542945

Unread 12-03-2024, 06:47 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al View Post

£#%&!ing hell. £#%&! right off.

People are literally scouring life for things to get offended by.

Unread 12-03-2024, 06:50 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
£#%&!ing hell. £#%&! right off.

People are literally scouring life for things to get offended by.
Whilst I generally agree, in this case it does make you think why Gary Neville was asked and not Viv Anderson.

Unread 12-03-2024, 06:52 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy View Post
Whilst I generally agree, in this case it does make you think why Gary Neville was asked and not Viv Anderson.

Unread 12-03-2024, 06:53 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Are they not aware of Marlo’s influence?

Unread 12-03-2024, 07:08 PM
Finport Red

Did I not hear Lord Coal was on it?

Unread 12-03-2024, 07:11 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Jokes on them Burnham's literally a northern Tim Westwood.....

Unread 12-03-2024, 07:11 PM
Sparky***

Get bugzy Malone on it

Unread 12-03-2024, 07:14 PM
no fun

Welcome home Jesse lingard

Unread 12-03-2024, 07:44 PM
Neo

Lightbulb

If a D&I box needs to be ticked, then we need someone of visible BAME origin, preferably with a strong link to the club, and the inner workings of Old Trafford, stretching back from the first-team all the way through the youth system, emphasising one of the proud principles of the club's vision to develop talent via the Academy system, inextricably linking our history of youth with our ancestral home.

This individual should also ideally be in a position to focus fully on the task at hand, without the multitude of spinning plate distractions of a Gary Neville. It would be a bonus to get the age profile right, to ensure they're relatable to the Gen-Z future of the United fanbase, unlike a Sebastian Coe. Arguably someone with a strong social media savvy. With all that being said, I, for one, can think of the ideal candidate.

Perhaps its time for the return.

Perhaps its time for Part II.

Perhaps its time...

...for #Pogback.