United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-04-2014, 12:49 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
The final in 99 wasn't a lot different tbf.

Unread 16-04-2014, 12:49 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Who hasn't?

Evra and Vidic should be staying beyond this season. And any top manager would have them both playing at the top of their game in the twilight of their careers with their experience being a benefit to the younger players and their winning mentality being bridged over to the new generation of Utd players to come.

Unread 16-04-2014, 12:51 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Hardly had a chance till the board went up..

Unread 16-04-2014, 12:53 PM
andyroo

Quote:
%@#$&!s.

Unread 16-04-2014, 12:54 PM
believe

Quote:
so you're saying that the 99 European Cup final in which we won our first European cup in 30 years with two last minute goals was the same as the Bayern match that we got beat 3-1 in and knocked out of the competition?

Were you even born in 1999?

Unread 16-04-2014, 12:55 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Who hasn't?

Evra and Vidic should be staying beyond this season. And any top manager would have them both playing at the top of their game in the twilight of their careers with their experience being a benefit to the younger players and their winning mentality being bridged over to the new generation of Utd players to come.

Have you seen how much of the ball Evra gets in the system we play ? Have you seen what he has actually done with that ball/space? Next too £#%&! all.

Decent attacking fullbacks will be priority no 1 imo. Evra isn't good enough, neither is Raf unfortunately.

Nobody who plays the 4-2-3-1 system has 'old' full backs energy & pace are needed to get up & down all day, Looking remotely like producing and end product would be nice as well.

Unread 16-04-2014, 12:56 PM
believe

Evra has probably contributed more going forward this season than any other player ffs

Unread 16-04-2014, 12:58 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
so you're saying that the 99 European Cup final in which we won our first European cup in 30 years with two last minute goals was the same as the Bayern match that we got beat 3-1 in and knocked out of the competition?

Were you even born in 1999?
I'm saying that them dominating games against us is nothing new.
And I was there tbf.

Unread 16-04-2014, 12:59 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
A bit of a myth that

We hardly had any chances in the first half but that was the same for Bayern
However we did have some good opportunities in the 2nd half before our two goals
Blomqvist missed a near open goal, Yorke completely miss-kicked the ball in front of goal from a cross and Solskjær had a good snap shot saved. There were some other good openings as well.
Not great but still better than this season against Bayern

We also dominated the ball in the match unlike this season when we only had about 30% of the possession over both legs

Yeah Bayern should have finished us off with one of their many counter attacking opportunities in the 2nd half but they didn't take their chances and we made them pay

Unread 16-04-2014, 01:01 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
A bit of a myth that

We hardly had any chances in the first half but that was the same for Bayern
However we did have some good opportunities before our two goals
Blomqvist missed a near open goal, Yorke completely miss-kicked the ball in front of goal from a cross and Solskjær had a good snap shot saved. There were some other good openings as well.
Not great but still better than this season against Bayern

We also dominated the ball in the match unlike this season when we only had about 30% of the possession over both legs

Yeah Bayern should have finished us off with one of their many counter attacking opportunities in the 2nd half but they didn't take their chances and we made them pay
Just remember the possession they had in the second half tbh. And then they hit the crossbar, think it was janker.

Unread 16-04-2014, 01:04 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Evra has probably contributed more going forward this season than any other player ffs
The full backs have all the space in the system. That's how it works. Evra especially, we NEVER have any balance on the left so Evra gets all the space as the chap in front always comes in field.

We will have to disagree he's had a load of the ball a better player would have made much much more of it imo. 3 goals and 2 assists all season? Not good enough in the system we play.

I love the guy, he's a top red but its time for him to bugger off.

Unread 16-04-2014, 01:07 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip
The full backs have all the space in the system. That's how it works. Evra especially, we NEVER have any balance on the left so Evra gets all the space as the chap in front always comes in field.

We will have to disagree he's had a load of the ball a better player would have made much much more of it imo. 3 goals and 2 assists all season? Not good enough in the system we play.

I love the guy, he's a top red but its time for him to bugger off.
The problem isn't Evra, it's the system. It's dysfunctional.

Evra has been poor though and whether that's down to bad management or not, it's a big ask to get him back to the level he should be at this stage of his career. Had he been maintained at his best that'd be fine but it's too late now.

Unread 16-04-2014, 01:08 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Evra's won more than Moyes ever will and is more Utd than Moyes ever will be.

Unread 16-04-2014, 01:12 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
The problem isn't Evra, it's the system. It's dysfunctional.

Evra has been poor though and whether that's down to bad management or not, it's a big ask to get him back to the level he should be at this stage of his career. Had he been maintained at his best that'd be fine but it's too late now.
I wouldn't take too much notice pal. Hotchip thinks Moyes is doing a grand job and our travails this season appear to be the fault of one Patrice Latyr Evra.

Unread 16-04-2014, 01:13 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Evra's won more than Moyes ever will and is more Utd than Moyes ever will be.
Even Cleverley is more United than Moyes will ever be.

It's an absolute joke that this plank gets the say in who stays and who goes. The one who says Liverpool are favourites on our turf.

Unread 16-04-2014, 01:19 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Even Cleverley is more United than Moyes will ever be.
They're both nothing £#%&!ers stealing a wage at United tbh.

YHBR.

Unread 16-04-2014, 01:22 PM
HotChip

Quote:
I wouldn't take too much notice pal. Hotchip thinks Moyes is doing a grand job and our travails this season appear to be the fault of one Patrice Latyr Evra.
Not at all, come on chaps. I love the guy but its clear he's just a full back not very dynamic at all.

We have changed systems haven't we? Our squad was/is set up for a 442 isn't/wasn't it? with the wingers etc (Although we have got in another no 10 and another dm)

We are playing the 4-2-3-1, its needs dynamic full backs. That's all I am saying. Name me one full back in a 4-2-3-1 that isn't dynamic? What was the first thing Maureen did at Chelsea? £#%&!ed Ashley Cole off , a great defender but an old fashioned defender the position has changed.

I don't love Moyes or what he has done so far, I just think he deserves another year to implement what he has started.

Unread 16-04-2014, 01:24 PM
Larssonisghod7

would be great signings

maybe we will finish 5th

Unread 16-04-2014, 01:24 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotChip

I don't love Moyes or what he has done so far, I just think he deserves another year to implement what he has started.
a rapid downfall?

Unread 16-04-2014, 01:29 PM
HotChip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larssonisghod7
would be great signings

maybe we will finish 5th
'we'?

You scouse loving ynwa singing ~***---=9 set of bastards can sod off.
Closed Thread