United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-01-2023, 05:00 AM
Denis Irwell

As guilty as the worst culprits for downing tools last season.

Don’t recall him apologising.

G2c he’s decided to do his real job.

Unread 07-01-2023, 05:40 AM
waynes ear's

how about he apologises for the 4 years of shit served up?

lets see his tally at the end of the season before I'll offer any sort of apology, so £#%&! him

Unread 07-01-2023, 06:30 AM
shenwen

I get there's always a few #@&%!s who turn it personal, but any criticism of Rashford over the past two seasons has been warranted given his talent and his wages. Great to see him back, hungry and aggressive. Our main man right now.

I'm not sure what the apology would be for though.

Unread 07-01-2023, 08:32 AM
Boring Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
So its not just politics you are clueless about, then
Jesus Christ

Decide to watch ‘us’ did you?

Unread 07-01-2023, 09:52 AM
armchair

Looks like the tough love is working. Keep the pressure on!

Unread 07-01-2023, 10:03 AM
MUFC One Love

He's doing well, but it's only a run of games.

If he does it until the end of the season then fair enough.

Also we've got his contract running down, let's hope that's not a saga. The club should make a decision this summer if he doesn't sign a new deal. Don't let it drag on.

Unread 07-01-2023, 10:18 AM
Pop

Been shit for years and had talks with PSG, confirmed by the club itself.

He can right that by banging in 25 goals a season every season for the next few years.

Unread 07-01-2023, 10:19 AM
dunk

I backed him to the hilt, but honestly thought his head had gone and a move was best for both parties by this summer tbh. Delighted to be proven wrong and see him tearing it up All credit to him and Erik

Sancho next

Unread 07-01-2023, 10:34 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I think you might be shouting at people at the extremes which is fair enough. But It goes both ways. He was diabolical for a long time - I’m not sure he was ever being asked to carry the whole football club - just put in the minimum effort expected even if he wasn’t in form. And there was quite a long period when he refused to do the bare minimum and was visibly flouncing. No problem in my eyes to call that shit out and I’d argue not right that people ignored it. He’s now hit the form everyone hoped he would away from the distractions of lingard and Pogba etc. and it’s now time to congratulate him.

I’m not sure it’s anymore complicated than that.
Agree tbf, I think it was clear he struggled in the confines of the club structure though and my post was more aimed at those who posted every game saying they wanted him out the club. So glad he’s still here, nothing better than seeing him and Garnacho terrorising last night

Unread 07-01-2023, 10:36 AM
Stickman

nope

Unread 07-01-2023, 10:51 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I think you might be shouting at people at the extremes which is fair enough. But It goes both ways. He was diabolical for a long time - I’m not sure he was ever being asked to carry the whole football club - just put in the minimum effort expected even if he wasn’t in form. And there was quite a long period when he refused to do the bare minimum and was visibly flouncing. No problem in my eyes to call that shit out and I’d argue not right that people ignored it. He’s now hit the form everyone hoped he would away from the distractions of lingard and Pogba etc. and it’s now time to congratulate him.

I’m not sure it’s anymore complicated than that.
This.

The expectation wasn’t unreasonable. He has plenty of experience and he’d been awful for two years. It wasn’t a spell or form, it looked like a regression in his development. More worryingly, it looked like he didn’t give a shit and he stopped doing the basics.

Fans want a player who works hard and looks like he cares and he wasn’t doing that. Entirely legitimate concerns.

At the start of the season, he was getting in and amongst the goals again and playing with a bit more confidence, but I still didn’t think he was playing especially well. Now, he’s backing up scoring with performances. He’s a genuine threat and nightmare to play against. Things are looking a lot more positive and he finally looks like the player he should be, given his ability….

…. But….

He’s got to keep it going. This could yet be another flash in the pan. He’s in great form, but that’s all it could be for now - form. 25 now. To be considered truly ‘reborn’ he needs to be doing it for more than a handful of games in one season.

It’s great to see though and I don’t think there’s a United fan out there who isn’t buzzing at the prospect of him fulfilling his potential. Except maybe Marlo.

Unread 07-01-2023, 11:24 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Come on you @#%&!s.

Absolute £#%&!wits who wanted to take whatever we could get for him at one point

What a guy. Adore him. Proud to have him playing for our club

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I’m not apologising.

he a player earning 250k a week.

And has been up until last summer earning more than his peers like mo salah , mane and son!

Has he delivered like they have the last two seasons no!

He has had about 12 good games (15 max) in 3 seasons

Happy with his current form and long may it continue!

This from the guy that repeatedly defended Pogba

Unread 07-01-2023, 11:30 AM
Jethro

Unbelievable turn around. He looked absolutely toast at one point. All down to the manager

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:11 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Unbelievable turn around. He looked absolutely toast at one point. All down to the manager
Think Rashford probably deserves some credit tbf

He now needs to maintain consistency.

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:24 PM
redhegemony

He's symbolic of where the club was and is. His disinterest was very sad and his current form and enthusiasm is great to see. He looks a different person and player.

Unread 07-01-2023, 12:45 PM
thatsfuctit

Allegedly has the biggest ego at the club, and I was told that at a time when Pogba & Ronaldo were both at the club.

Stank the place out for 2 years, looking disinterested is about as big an insult as you can get the fans, it simply is not acceptable.

Absolutley delighted he's flying again, nothing better than our own, home grown talent smashing it, maybe he's had some sort of reality check as to how blessed he is.

Unread 16-01-2023, 05:51 PM
Dr Stranger

Looks like the club have joined the queue

Unread 13-02-2023, 10:47 PM
redhegemony

Unread 13-02-2023, 10:53 PM
History

Bit of the Cantona's about him at the moment? Scoring crucial goals at crucial moments in games?

Unread 13-02-2023, 11:02 PM
redhegemony

Can't believe he's played 337 games.
Closed Thread