Fat Al

Default Houllier to Villa?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...=feeds-newsxml

Unread 02-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Spiffy

Ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Unread 02-09-2010, 11:16 PM
Zaitsev

Always had a sneaking regard for Villa but, £#%&! me, Emlyn will be bursting his %@#$&!s laughing.

Unread 02-09-2010, 11:22 PM
taff

that's a money-saving appointment if ever there was one. lucky villa

Unread 03-09-2010, 12:25 AM
Crumps

Will be funny when they finish above the Vermin tbf.

Unread 03-09-2010, 02:29 AM
Argentina

Houllier is quite a good manager

Unread 03-09-2010, 04:17 AM
elephantstone

Strange one that. Stephen Ireland was told that macdonald was getting the job before he agreed a deal with them. I'm glad I didn't have a bet on it

Unread 03-09-2010, 04:21 AM
Sandman

This report is claiming he'll be appointed director of football.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...er-aston-villa

Unread 03-09-2010, 04:25 AM
elephantstone

He looks proper fragile, I doubt he has it left in him to manage a top flight team and the pressures that go with it

Unread 03-09-2010, 11:23 AM
safingtons

Much better appointment than the usual suspects on the manager merry-go-round.

Funny how Liverpool never won anything after Benitez started getting his own players in and replacing Houllier's squad which were the main part of their 2 and only trophies under the chubby %@#$&!.

Even as just a director of football he'll have a big impact.

Unread 03-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Much better appointment than the usual suspects on the manager merry-go-round.

Funny how Liverpool never won anything after Benitez started getting his own players in and replacing Houllier's squad which were the main part of their 2 and only trophies under the chubby %@#$&!.

Even as just a director of football he'll have a big impact.

Unread 03-09-2010, 12:00 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
he is

Unread 03-09-2010, 12:06 PM
Lok

Had the dippers kept him, they'd have come closer to winning the league. He's a good manager and easily good enough for Villa.

The football his teams play is boring as £#%&! though.

Unread 03-09-2010, 12:10 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
That's no huge leap for Villa then.

Unread 03-09-2010, 12:25 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Had the dippers kept him, they'd have come closer to winning the league. He's a good manager and easily good enough for Villa.

The only time since 1991 they have finished ahead of us in the league was when he was in charge........

He did lose it a bit after his heart scare, though - his sacking came as no surprise to anybody

Unread 06-09-2010, 11:13 PM
red in cumbria

Well, we're still waiting........

Apparently, several Villa players are none too keen on boggly eyes taking over and this is holding things up

Unread 06-09-2010, 11:24 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
he is
No he's not. I'll wager they finish lower under Houllier this season and next and every season he's in charge than they did under O'Neil.

Unread 07-09-2010, 05:20 AM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
No he's not. I'll wager they finish lower under Houllier this season and next and every season he's in charge than they did under O'Neil.
well, give that their best players are being sold and they don't look like replacing them with anything like the same quality i'd say that was pretty likely whoever is in charge.

the money ruined o'neill, he was was a better manager with no cash to spend imo.

Unread 07-09-2010, 06:17 AM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
well, give that their best players are being sold and they don't look like replacing them with anything like the same quality i'd say that was pretty likely whoever is in charge.

the money ruined o'neill, he was was a better manager with no cash to spend imo.
I agree with that last bit tbf, Houllier's still shite though. Time will tell I suppose. I bet shit like Brum finish higher than Houllier's team though. I see Argentina agrees with you, he earns shit loads of cash as well so maybe I've called this one wrong.

Unread 07-09-2010, 06:44 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I agree with that last bit tbf, Houllier's still shite though. Time will tell I suppose. I bet shit like Brum finish higher than Houllier's team though. I see Argentina agrees with you, he earns shit loads of cash as well so maybe I've called this one wrong.
Yawn.

He didn't do too bad at Liverpool - finished above United in 02 - or Lyons (2 league titles in 2 seasons there), but don't let that distract you from anything.
Closed Thread