Stubbsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stubbsy
Lyon
Bayern Munich
Steaua Bucharest
Dynamo Kiev
Group F: Lyon, Bayern, Steaua, Fiorentina

ok i did £#%&! up predicting uniteds group , but thats not a bad prediction .

Unread 28-08-2008, 05:54 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Yeah, fantastic atmosphere all game.

... from the away end. Them lot didn't wake up until they scored. What the media obsession is with Anfield and Peakhead is I have no idea.

At least watching them getting @#%&!ted for cheering in the home end at OT will be fun again.

Yeah, that'll be them looking like they're out until Gggheerrrraaaaaahd scores in the 6th minute of 4 minutes overtime and gets them through.
exactky there was no atmosphere in their hovel...only atmosphere was created by us again

Unread 28-08-2008, 05:55 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
shite draw for those of us who go to Euro aways you mean

same old same old bollox...and playing those @#%&!s again tops it off
Selfish reasons, I know.

Unread 28-08-2008, 05:55 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Knew Murderers would get Althletico

Go on Diego!
Lets hope the Atletico ultras do what they did do Aberdeen, then.

They're the only hard lot in Spain, and over there they don't make a distinction between 'scarfers' and 'lads'. And then add Spanish police into the mix...

Unread 28-08-2008, 05:56 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Lost at both a couple of years back, no? Struggled against Villarreal too.

Still a good draw, mind.
Was just thinking of the travelling effect not the actual results.

Unread 28-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
What a £#%&!ing joke.
Really though, what the £#%&! is that about? It's not as if you can say it's the result of anti-English sentiment or something of that nature. Bizarre.

Unread 28-08-2008, 05:58 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
aalborg for the away game it is, then

why can't we get some £#%&!ing interesting teams aren't there any left in european football? zenit would have been a laugh
I wanted that Antithesis team, mate of mine rents out a house in Cyprus and I'd have got it cheap that time of year. Gutted.

Gonna try and get to Aalborg, though, like going Denmark.

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:03 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
I wanted that Antithesis team, mate of mine rents out a house in Cyprus and I'd have got it cheap that time of year. Gutted.

Gonna try and get to Aalborg, though, like going Denmark.
deffo a good excuse to see my numpty mates in copenhagen. i smell a 4day trip any link to dates?

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
Really though, what the £#%&! is that about? It's not as if you can say it's the result of anti-English sentiment or something of that nature. Bizarre.
Well, Chelsea conceded more goals against Liverpool in the Semi than we conceded in the ENTIRE knock out phase whilst winning the trophy, but of course they had the best Goalkeeper and defender

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Was just thinking of the travelling effect not the actual results.
Sure, but it's not a great thing if we £#%&! up like we did against these sides a few years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
I really can't think of an explanation. We concede two goals in the seven games after the group phase and the bloke who blew the whole £#%&!ing thing for his side is voted most valuable defender!

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Well, Chelsea conceded more goals against Liverpool in the Semi than we conceded in the ENTIRE knock out phase whilst winning the trophy, but of course they had the best Goalkeeper and defender
I know. Lampard I can maybe... Possibly... Sort of... In some strange way... Understand (well, not really, but still). But Cech and Terry? *HEAD EXPLODES*

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:19 PM
Weekend Rockstar

Good atmosphere the other year at celtic, from us, not them, our end was on form.

Shit draw really, never stepping foot in denmark again after copenhagen year before last, might do villareal..

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:19 PM
S/Side.Red

Lampard scored in the final, and against Liverpool and Fenerbahce. So he made significant contributions at crucial times from midfield. Terry was part of a Chelsea defence which looked dodgy against Fenerbahce and Liverpool and was torn apart a couple of times by United in the final. Of course, the biggest problem with Terry getting it is that Rio is and was clearly miles better.

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Withers

Very pleased with those groups.

We will definately go through and there is a chance Liverpool might not. Can't ask for more really.

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Serenity Now

Just look at the numbers FFS, and this from UEFA's own website!

Back of the net
Both Manchester United FC and Chelsea FC scored 19 goals in their 12 UEFA Champions League fixtures, but United have the edge on goals conceded. They kept 8 clean sheets and conceded just 4 goals compared to Chelsea's 7 clean sheets and 7 goals conceded.

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:22 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
shite draw for those of us who go to Euro aways you mean

same old same old bollox...and playing those @#%&!s again tops it off
You will have to forgive those who are more interested in us qualifying rather than hoping some charmless jock has a few new cities to go on the piss in.

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Lampard scored in the final, and against Liverpool and Fenerbahce. So he made significant contributions at crucial times from midfield. Terry was part of a Chelsea defence which looked dodgy against Fenerbahce and Liverpool and was torn apart a couple of times by United in the final. Of course, the biggest problem with Terry getting it is that Rio is and was clearly miles better.
Yep. I can accept Lampard, as they would've fallen by the wayside without his goals, I can understand Cech, as he had far more work to do as a goalkeeper than VDS (although VDS did effectively win us the £#%&!ing thing), but John £#%&!ing Terry better than Rio?

£#%&! me.

Rio is a victim of himself though, he makes everything look too easy whilst 'Big JT' looks like he is extending every sinew, even when defending against the likes of Fenerbahce and Olympiakos, so I guess the moral is that it helps to be a little bit shit, but to try hard.

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:28 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Withered Hand
You will have to forgive those who are more interested in us qualifying rather than hoping some charmless jock has a few new cities to go on the piss in.
'us'............

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:28 PM
Thiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by the withered hand
you will have to forgive those who are more interested in us qualifying rather than hoping some charmless jock has a few new cities to go on the piss in.

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:29 PM
Ashley's Grime

I'm sure we won the European cup last season. Someone should tell the @#%&!s on the ssn panel.

Btw, is Ray Wilkins currently employed by Chewsea by any chance?
Closed Thread