United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-08-2018, 03:30 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
So not a wum to say we were top in November then? Apology accepted. Wouldn't be so kind with others.

If we go top of the table for a few hours in late November this season, there won't be outcry. Undeniable point imo. Will probs be denied.
Appreciate it pal, I know how much being top of the pile means to you.

Don't think people realise how disappointed you would be if we are top come Friday evening and there is discord on the forum.

Unread 07-08-2018, 04:02 PM
General Woundwort

Will be pretty amazing if we're top of the league on Friday night despite barely having spent anything

Unread 07-08-2018, 04:04 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Will be pretty amazing if we're top of the league on Friday night despite barely having spent anything
its ok, the shit@#%&!s will bring us crashing back down to earth the following week

Unread 07-08-2018, 04:17 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Yeah something to tell the grand kids about to be sure.

Unread 07-08-2018, 04:48 PM
MUFC One Love

Martial is just your modern day player rated by modern day internet obsessives, despite consistently average performances (don't mean sound lads on here who rate him and have good reasoning) He is talented but he has nowhere near fulfilled his potential. Look at some of the other players around his age at big clubs, Sane for example, he just does the basics right and is devastating. Does Martial ever really open a game up and have a huge impact?

It seems in the modern day it's all about their reputation, and how good they are on FIFA and not their actual performances. Some players just don't do enough anymore, not just at United but other clubs. Would he really be missed?

Maybe it's because I've not been well for a few days so spent a lot of time pissing about on my phone a lot but 'Internet' social media football supporters are doing my head right in.

Unread 07-08-2018, 06:38 PM
Foot2ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Tbf Deschamps picked Benjamin Mendy who played a total of 7 games all season.
And he picked Giroud over Benzema. Surely you don't agree that Giroud is the better 9?

Unread 07-08-2018, 06:43 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foot2ball
And he picked Giroud over Benzema. Surely you don't agree that Giroud is the better 9?
My point was Mendy played very little and still made the squad, not that he was selected over martial

HTH.

Unread 07-08-2018, 07:53 PM
utd99

£#%&! him. Noticed the gang signs (complete with actual gang) photo this morning. No good is going to come of having this slapped arse around. He’s like Ravel Morrison with better PR.

Unread 07-08-2018, 08:00 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
£#%&! him. Noticed the gang signs (complete with actual gang) photo this morning. No good is going to come of having this slapped arse around. He’s like Ravel Morrison with better PR.
At least the latter has his very own smiley

Unread 07-08-2018, 08:02 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
£#%&! him. Noticed the gang signs (complete with actual gang) photo this morning. No good is going to come of having this slapped arse around. He’s like ravel morrison with better pr.
but what about his child

Unread 07-08-2018, 08:07 PM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Martial is just your modern day player rated by modern day internet obsessives, despite consistently average performances (don't mean sound lads on here who rate him and have good reasoning) He is talented but he has nowhere near fulfilled his potential. Look at some of the other players around his age at big clubs, Sane for example, he just does the basics right and is devastating. Does Martial ever really open a game up and have a huge impact?

It seems in the modern day it's all about their reputation, and how good they are on FIFA and not their actual performances. Some players just don't do enough anymore, not just at United but other clubs. Would he really be missed?

Maybe it's because I've not been well for a few days so spent a lot of time pissing about on my phone a lot but 'Internet' social media football supporters are doing my head right in.
Sane starts week in week out in his natural position with the best attacking team in the country. While he is facing teams trying to defend him, David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne, Sterling and Aguero / Jesus all going forward at pace. Martial is sat on the bench or attacking teams that have had a minute and half to set up to defend him, Lukaku and Valencia if he's lucky, because Matic and Valencia spent 30 seconds passing it centre of our half to the right touchline and back.

Unread 07-08-2018, 09:09 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
Sane starts week in week out in his natural position with the best attacking team in the country. While he is facing teams trying to defend him, David Silva, Kevin De Bruyne, Sterling and Aguero / Jesus all going forward at pace. Martial is sat on the bench or attacking teams that have had a minute and half to set up to defend him, Lukaku and Valencia if he's lucky, because Matic and Valencia spent 30 seconds passing it centre of our half to the right touchline and back.
So I counted 5 excuses; did I miss any?

How about Sane’s a better player, works harder and doesn’t give up?

Does a wide player making smart runs over and over -knowing full well he’ll receive the ball fairly infrequently, but doing it anyway- help loosen up the defence, create passing options/outlets, and help forward momentum, or is it all about what everybody else does, and if they don’t lay it on a plate for Martial is it written in stone that’ll he’ll have a bad game?

Could be I suppose.

Unread 07-08-2018, 09:13 PM
plopborsky

Quote:

Does a wide player making smart runs over and over -knowing full well he’ll receive the ball fairly infrequently, but doing it anyway- help loosen up the defence, create passing options/outlets, and help forward momentum, or is it all about what everybody else does, and if they don’t lay it on a plate for Martial is it written in stone that’ll he’ll have a bad game?

Could be I suppose.

Unread 07-08-2018, 09:18 PM
AK14

Quote:

Could be I suppose.

Unread 07-08-2018, 09:48 PM
Whalefish

Thumbs up

Quote:

Could be I suppose.
This.

Unread 07-08-2018, 10:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Unread 07-08-2018, 10:21 PM
Whalefish

Jesus wept!!

Unread 08-08-2018, 12:37 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Disgusting.

A new Low.

Unread 09-08-2018, 05:30 PM
saffers

So happy this litle bitch and his agent have been put in their place now.

Now fight for your place.

Unread 09-08-2018, 05:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
So happy this litle bitch and his agent have been put in their place now.

Now fight for your place.
Sold or out on loan by 31st.
Closed Thread