United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-08-2008, 03:38 PM
nick henry

it is either a honest held opinion from a player who was fortunate to work with two bona fide managerial greats.

or

it is the statement of a bitter and twisted individual who cant let go of the past try as he may.

i would like to think its the first as i dont like to think of Keane as a sulking, whinging baby.

Unread 28-08-2008, 03:40 PM
Amish Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Have you read "The Damned United"? Ace book - well worth it.

Agere that it is SAF's longevity that marks him out - bloody hell, Mike Walker at Norwich did well temporarily! Brian Little at Villa was flavour of the month for a while too! The fact that SAF has built so many different teams playing in different styles is remarkable - but I still say both were brilliant in their own way.
I agree, great book and the hatred of Leeds is always a good thing.

Unread 28-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Mash
I agree, great book and the hatred of Leeds is always a good thing.
Agreed - there's hatred and there's Clough hatred of Leeds. Brilliant stuff.

Unread 28-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Billy Baroo

although off topic can i just add that Revie was a @#%&!house

thanks

Unread 28-08-2008, 03:50 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stuarte
Roy Keane - Good at his job - @#%&! of a man

Alex Ferguson - Good at his job - @#%&! of a man

Brian Clough - good at his job - @#%&! of a man

Spiffy - shit poster - @#%&! of a man

MOTWYW
You're a fan of Marlo aren't you Don? Not exactly a good judge of what makes a good poster are you? I don't think I'll worry too much about your worthless opinion.

Unread 28-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Don Stuarte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
You're a fan of Marlo aren't you Don? Not exactly a good judge of what makes a good poster are you? I don't think I'll worry too much about your worthless opinion.
Not replying might have been a better way of convincing me.

ABABM's 4 LIFE !

Unread 28-08-2008, 05:10 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

How does saying he thinks Clough was the better manager show that he's harbouring a grudge?

He strikes me as the type that would say Clough (if that's what he thought) even if Fergie was his best mate.

Unread 28-08-2008, 05:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Clough signed Keane from Cobh Ramblers, so of course he was the best manager Keane had ever played under

and then he signed for United in 1993

Unread 28-08-2008, 05:25 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stuarte
Not replying might have been a better way of convincing me.

ABABM's 4 LIFE !
What does ABABM's 4 Life mean?

Unread 28-08-2008, 05:35 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
What does ABABM's 4 Life mean?
anyone but Anyone But Marlo's. He's a vio fan.

Unread 28-08-2008, 05:36 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Get with the father £#%&!ing programme Keithster

Anyone but anyone but Marlo

4 life i presume is an offer of marriage

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:00 PM
My Name is Keith

Jesus H Christ.

Who are these people?

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Jesus H Christ.

Who are these people?
The dregs of society. It's the facebook generation Keith, it's nothing to do with either of us.

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Father Christmas

It's well known Keane always talks %@#$&!s.

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:20 PM
Ether

Didn't he say it in an interview for a piece on Clough? Hardly surprising is it. I bet his opinion would change if it had been an interview on Fergie's legacy. I wouldn't read too much into it, not that it really matters anyway. I've heard Fergie describe a couple of different players as the best he's ever had. Shock £#%&!ing horror.

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:21 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Is there a link? would be interesting to see the context; i remember reading keanes biography and learning how he got turned down constantly for being too small - if clough signed him and nutured him into the fearsome player he was then you have to give a ton of credit for that, i mean he was pretty much the finished article when he came to united, didnt take very long for him to cement himself into the first team and if that was all down to clough then he might well be right, especially if he was the only manager with the vision to see his possibilities...

Great manager but £#%&! fergie - he'll be off in a few years with his millions in the bank and we'll be stuck with massive debt and the glazers in no small part thanks to him. Had some great times with him as manager, specially in the 80s he's brought in an incredible trophy haul and i'll always be thankful for that, but i cant simply erase from my memory the damage he's done to the club by paving the way for those yank @#%&!s to take over and the manner in which he publicly kissed their arses over and over.

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:24 PM
Elsey

If Sunderland were at OT for the second round of the Carling Cup he would have said the same thing of SAF.

Unread 28-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Is there a link? would be interesting to see the context; i remember reading keanes biography and learning how he got turned down constantly for being too small - if clough signed him and nutured him into the fearsome player he was then you have to give a ton of credit for that, i mean he was pretty much the finished article when he came to united, didnt take very long for him to cement himself into the first team and if that was all down to clough then he might well be right, especially if he was the only manager with the vision to see his possibilities...

Great manager but £#%&! fergie - he'll be off in a few years with his millions in the bank and we'll be stuck with massive debt and the glazers in no small part thanks to him. Had some great times with him as manager, specially in the 80s he's brought in an incredible trophy haul and i'll always be thankful for that, but i cant simply erase from my memory the damage he's done to the club by paving the way for those yank @#%&!s to take over and the manner in which he publicly kissed their arses over and over.
no matter how many times you say that, it will still be utter %@#$&!s

Unread 28-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
no matter how many times you say that, it will still be utter %@#$&!s
One word; Catalyst.

Unread 28-08-2008, 09:04 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
One word; Catalyst.