United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-07-2007, 09:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default The Daily Tevez Thread.

Can't say exactly why but according to the Sunday Times today is very important regarding this.

Unread 23-07-2007, 09:29 AM
koppas

Fa are meeting with FIFA.

Unread 23-07-2007, 09:31 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Can't say exactly why but according to the Sunday Times today is very important regarding this.
About time Bedders!

What time dya call this, eh?

I expect, nay DEMAND, to see the Tevez thread as soon as I log in.

Disgraceful.

Unread 23-07-2007, 09:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
About time Bedders!

What time dya call this, eh?

I expect, nay DEMAND, to see the Tevez thread as soon as I log in.

Disgraceful.
Apologies, had to carry some stuff about in work.

Unread 23-07-2007, 09:35 AM
koppas

Quote:
Bedders is the tea bitch.

Unread 23-07-2007, 09:42 AM
MethodMan

now that the FA bigwigs are involved I am sure this will be resolved without a hitch

After all the FA have a great track record at making important decisions dont they?

Unread 23-07-2007, 09:43 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
You're pregnant?

Unread 23-07-2007, 09:45 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Bedders is the tea bitch.
Nah, a load of old PCs we're £#%&!ing off.

Unread 23-07-2007, 09:46 AM
Redhod99

Can see us getting £#%&!ed over to be honest. The FA and premier league are representing everyone at these meetings with a view to getting it sorted. The FA have a track record of £#%&!ing us over and the Premier league will be protecting themselves after they failed to punish West Ham properly. Surely someone from United and MSI should be in attendance at these meetings?

Unread 23-07-2007, 09:47 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Nah, a load of old PCs we're £#%&!ing off.
£#%&!ing off. Stealing.

Whatever.

Unread 23-07-2007, 09:50 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
Can see us getting £#%&!ed over to be honest. The FA and premier league are representing everyone at these meetings with a view to getting it sorted. The FA have a track record of £#%&!ing us over and the Premier league will be protecting themselves after they failed to punish West Ham properly. Surely someone from United and MSI should be in attendance at these meetings?
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this meeting to ascertain whether or not FIFA will abitrate? It's not to actually make any decisions is it?

I didn't think the PL or FA had any say in it anymore? Wasn't that the whole point of going to FIFA?

Unread 23-07-2007, 09:51 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
How can we get "£#%&!ed over"? We aren't involved so don't be so fatalistic. It is a matter between Tevez and West Ham. Simple fact is that any legal expert I've heard on the matter seems to think it's got tio come out in Tevez' favour and MSI have made it clear they'll go to the high court if the feel they've been unfairly treated. By the way, the FA and PL hardly get on so I doubt there'll be any favouritism that way.

Unread 23-07-2007, 09:55 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
How can we get "£#%&!ed over"? We aren't involved so don't be so fatalistic. It is a matter between Tevez and West Ham. Simple fact is that any legal expert I've heard on the matter seems to think it's got tio come out in Tevez' favour and MSI have made it clear they'll go to the high court if the feel they've been unfairly treated. By the way, the FA and PL hardly get on so I doubt there'll be any favouritism that way.
I feel FIFA will just release him from his contract with WH.

We'll get our man and West Ham and the PL will not have to cover their tracks or answer to Sheff U because they can just shift the responsibility onto FIFA.

Unread 23-07-2007, 09:57 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I feel FIFA will just release him from his contract with WH.

We'll get our man and West Ham and the PL will not have to cover their tracks or answer to Sheff U because they can just shift the responsibility onto FIFA.
That seems the consensus and satisfies all parties.

Unread 23-07-2007, 09:58 AM
Redhod99

Quote:
By that I mean they will rule for West Ham which will mean we may struggle to sign him as figures of £30m which are being thrown around are unrealistic and we won't pay that.

Unread 23-07-2007, 10:00 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
That seems the consensus and satisfies all parties.
West Ham are just sticking to the lie really. If they continue to do it then they protect their 'integrity' by not changing their story.

As well as he did for them, I'm sure they'll be happy to see the back of him and the whole affair and look to crack on with a fresh start next season.

As for the PL, their lack of foresight and professionalism is shocking and they'll just be glad to come out of this intact.

If this suggested outcome is the case then United can just deal with MSI for a loan (which I think they've always wanted - they don't seem to want to buy him outright immediately).

Get it sorted.

Unread 23-07-2007, 10:01 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
By that I mean they will rule for West Ham which will mean we may struggle to sign him as figures of £30m which are being thrown around are unrealistic and we won't pay that.
Why will they? There is absolutely no legal basis for themn to do so and such action would land them in court. As I say, don't be so fatalistic.

Unread 23-07-2007, 10:03 AM
utd for ever

Quote:
Maurice walkins will be there in the meeting...

Unread 23-07-2007, 10:04 AM
Redhod99

Quote:
Why will they? There is absolutely no legal basis for themn to do so and such action would land them in court. As I say, don't be so fatalistic.
You are probably right but we have a history of getting screwed by the authorities on anything that is left to their discretion. Although everything I read and hear points to the fact that West Ham haven't a leg to stand on, the fact they have gone so far with it to me suggests they believe otherwise and may have a case. Or maybe im just extremely pessimistic!

Unread 23-07-2007, 10:05 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd for ever
Maurice walkins will be there in the meeting...
Is that definite? In what role? This is a contract issue between WHU and Tevez? What basis is there for a United representative to be there?
Closed Thread