United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:17 PM
koppas

Thumbs down Gabi "demands a first team place"

Quote:
I will only leave if Alex Ferguson says to my face I do not enter in his plans," Heinze told the News of the World.

"I don't consider myself inferior to anyone.

"This is a delicate subject, especially for the fans.

"I believe that to leave United for Liverpool would not be understood by them."
To me that says he wanted to join Liverpool, got told he can't, Real or Barca don't want him, now he wants to stay.

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:24 PM
armchair

no he doesn't - can't you read?

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:26 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
no he doesn't - can't you read?
Yes I can thanks. Can you?

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:28 PM
armchair

Yes. Tell me where in his quotes he demands a first team place. Why have you put "demands a first team place" in quotes? He didn't say that.

he said:

"I will only leave if Alex Ferguson says to my face I do not enter in his plans"

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:29 PM
koppas

Quote:
Yes. Tell me where in his quotes he demands a first team place. Why have you put "demands a first team place" in quotes? He didn't say that.

he said:

"I will only leave if Alex Ferguson says to my face I do not enter in his plans"
Sky Sports headline.

Don't shoot the messenger.

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:33 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Sky Sports headline.

Don't shoot the messenger.
Not with quotes it isn't. Do you know why they haven't used quotes? Because he didn't say that. In fact their headline is "Heinze wants starting role" which is another thing altogether.

Messengers should expect shooting when they get the message wrong btw.

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:35 PM
koppas

Quote:
Not with quotes it isn't. Do you know why they haven't used quotes? Because he didn't say that. In fact their headline is "Heinze wants starting role" which is another thing altogether.

Quote:
Gabriel Heinze has demanded a place in the Manchester United first-team, if he is not to leave the club.
NFT

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

I think it's a bit harsh to have them expect shooting tbh. But they should definately be picked off.

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:57 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
NFT
Let's face it you don't know what quotation marks are for.

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:03 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

He might as well has said he hates Manchester United.

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:05 PM
koppas

I agree. He was on a par with Leeds fans there. The hatred is plain to see.

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Betty's Hotpot

He hasn't said what koppas is saying he said.

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Apps. 2006/07

Heinze 31 (6)
Evra 29 (7)

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Apps. 2006/07

Heinze 31 (6)
Evra 29 (7)

the moaning, grinning @#%&!.

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:30 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Gabriel Heinze has demanded a place in the Manchester United first-team, if he is not to leave the club.

Heinze has been linked with a transfer to United's Premier League rivals Liverpool, but Old Trafford manager Sir Alex Ferguson has previously dismissed the move and is confident the Argentine defender will report for pre-season training.

However, Heinze, who is on a short break before returning to action after competing in the Copa America, has now stated that he deserves a United starting role.

"I will only leave if Alex Ferguson says to my face I do not enter in his plans," Heinze told the News of the World.

"I don't consider myself inferior to anyone.

"This is a delicate subject, especially for the fans.

"I believe that to leave United for Liverpool would not be understood by them."

Heinze has made 75 United starts since a £6.9million move from Paris Saint Germain in 2004, but last season he lost his place in Ferguson's first-team to Patrice Evra.
Here is a classic piece of shite journalism, the first sentence "Gabriel Heinze has demanded a place in the Manchester United first-team, if he is not to leave the club" does not tally with anything that has been quoted in the piece.

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:36 PM
thatsfuctit

I did read somewhere where he was quoted as saying "i am a first team player, i do not consider myself inferior to anyone" or words to that effect, so that is what has been spun as demanding a first team place.

will try and find it

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:38 PM
Camel

Quote:

ha ha ha

koppas=pwned

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:41 PM
Bunker Buster

Koppas, You £#%&!ed this BIG time.

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:42 PM
thatsfuctit

it wasn't on here, but this is the quote

http://notw.typepad.com/extratime/20...-speaks-o.html

"I think I deserve a place in the starting eleven. I am perfect physically and I do not consider me to be inferior to any companion in the defense."

I am fine with that, but fight for your place £#%&!er - to be fair Evra upped his game hugely last season and brought a lot to the team, whereas your form was largely shit despite the fact I actually like you.

Unread 22-07-2007, 04:32 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
it wasn't on here, but this is the quote

http://notw.typepad.com/extratime/20...-speaks-o.html

"I think I deserve a place in the starting eleven. I am perfect physically and I do not consider me to be inferior to any companion in the defense."
Did he say that in English? Sounds like a bad translation to me.
Closed Thread