United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:01 PM
MJ Ramone

Default Fletch £6m to Birmingham?

Just been on SSN that Birmingham are 'poised to swoop for' Darren Fletcher.

Don't know how I feel about that really. Yes he's a bit of a tart, yes he flaps his arms around a lot, yes for every good thing he does he'll do a couple of bad things, yes he get's tons of stick on here....but he's OUR tart isn't he??
I think I'd be quite dissapointed to see him in another Club's shirt.

Seriously though, I thought he did ok for us last season. But he's gonna struggle like £#%&! to play any football now we've got Hargreaves & Anderson - as well as Scholesy & Carrick.

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:02 PM
Coracao

Bite their £#%&!ing hands off.

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:11 PM
Luffy

you have to wonder any time stories comeout saying we're going to sell a playerwho plays a substantial number of games for us, itslike selling O'Shea after he plays 50 games for us, just wont happen. If we needed him that many times, we're gonna need him at some point in the next season.

However we do have Hargreaves and Anderson to cover for him now and plenty of cover down the right with Eagles stepping up. I would sell him, but I also think he can be a very good player, no reason why he cant be as good as Carrick is now by the time he is 25.

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:14 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
you have to wonder any time stories comeout saying we're going to sell a playerwho plays a substantial number of games for us, itslike selling O'Shea after he plays 50 games for us, just wont happen. If we needed him that many times, we're gonna need him at some point in the next season.

However we do have Hargreaves and Anderson to cover for him now and plenty of cover down the right with Eagles stepping up. I would sell him, but I also think he can be a very good player, no reason why he cant be as good as Carrick is now by the time he is 25.
The fact that Fletcher has absolutely nowhere near the passing ability of Carrick might be a reason he won't...

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:19 PM
Sparky***

PRAISE THE LORD!!!

Richardson and Fletcher for combined £11m?

This is surely the biggest jape since that time my mate bought a laptop off some pikeys, only to find that it was 2 bottles of evian water in the box.

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:20 PM
dakpul

anyone who still wants rid of fletch after his performances in the last couple of months of the season needs their head seeing to, he's finally starting to show what he can do......wouldn't take £10m

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:24 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakpul
anyone who still wants rid of fletch after his performances in the last couple of months of the season needs their head seeing to, he's finally starting to show what he can do......wouldn't take £10m
Perhaps, but he's now 4th choice central midfielder. It's not so much what 'we' the fans would like but what the player himself wants and since he's tipped to do big things with Scotland and needs to be playing week in week out he may have one eye on a move.

I'd like to see him stick around for another 12months. If he only gets about 15 starts or so (I think he'll be lucky to get anymore) then I wouldn't begrudge him a move.

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:30 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Just been on SSN that Birmingham are 'poised to swoop for' Darren Fletcher.

Don't know how I feel about that really. Yes he's a bit of a tart, yes he flaps his arms around a lot, yes for every good thing he does he'll do a couple of bad things, yes he get's tons of stick on here....but he's OUR tart isn't he??
I think I'd be quite dissapointed to see him in another Club's shirt.

Seriously though, I thought he did ok for us last season. But he's gonna struggle like £#%&! to play any football now we've got Hargreaves & Anderson - as well as Scholesy & Carrick.
ease yourself into it mate

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakpul

Well thank christ you aren't manager of our club, eh?

Selling fletcher for £10m would be the equivalent of selling a Ford Focus for £60,000.

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:35 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
ease yourself into it mate

Suits him don't you think?!

I wouldn't be that bothered if he left, but I certainly wouldn't be desperate to get rid.

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:40 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone

Suits him don't you think?!

I wouldn't be that bothered if he left, but I certainly wouldn't be desperate to get rid.
never fills me with confidence when i see him on the pitch tbh

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:46 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
never fills me with confidence when i see him on the pitch tbh
Same.Cant pass cant tackle is too lightweight and 6 million is a cracking price.

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:53 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

I am warming to Fletch tbh, he can come on and hold the midfield for the last 20 mins but he can do very well attacking

Not my fave by any means, but he does a useful job for us!

No way should we sell him!

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:58 PM
rebelcountyred

i'd be a little disappointed to see him leave, he put in some really good performances last season non more so than against roma at OT. That said with hargreaves and carrick ahead of him he won't get many games next season and regular football would be more appealing to him, if he goes best of luck to the lad.

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Whip Hubley

i'm... quite sad. and i'm not sure why. like most on here i thought he was a useless pillock but last season he did a cracking job for us...

my fragile mind can't cope with the paradox's and contradictions. it's all too much.

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:40 PM
tatty

He's plop.

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:47 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
Selling fletcher for £10m would be the equivalent of selling a Ford Focus for £60,000.

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:50 PM
tatty

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:50 PM
punk_football

Gutted

As someone above said, he maybe a tart but he's our tart. I think the same as O'Pie, wouldn't sell them for 12 million.

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:56 PM
tatty

Fletcher and O'Shea had bags of potential when they first came on the scene and their futures at the club depended on them fulfilling that potential.

Neither have and to put them in to perspective how would you react if we were linked to them as 'squad players'?

Exactly, we'd be seeing our arses.
Closed Thread