United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:32 AM
JakeB

Default Beckham in LA

Picture of beckham on the bench tonight..

Shocking picture, freakish amount of attention he gets.

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:35 AM
toseeunited

he didn't play did he?

http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/7558...1F1A16278FA134

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:39 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

The bloke is a first class @#%&!. Him and that £#%&!ing stick insect wife of his can just £#%&! off.

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:47 AM
khmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
i think he went wrong by spitting his dummy out in january when he was on the bench at madrid - he should never have given up on his place in the side - having said that capello and mclaren haven't helped him...

agreed though, he's made a big mistake and the standard of football he'll be playing is going to be shite!
its sad he wants to be remembered as a brand rather than a footballer.

had talent and showed great spirit to come back from being a hate figure after France 98 to become Englands talisman.

And being dropped from the Madrid team and written off by Cappello (sp)? and the national team to getting picked again by both coaches.

i know the contract he's on at Galaxy is unbelievable but how much money does he need?

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:50 AM
Grimson

He's just come on for the last 10 minutes but is obviously struggling with the ankle.

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:56 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
He's just come on for the last 10 minutes but is obviously struggling with the ankle.
cheers just put it on now - didn't know it was on...

only 1-0 to chelski??

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:58 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmk
i know the contract he's on at Galaxy is unbelievable but how much money does he need?
It's not even that much to do with money anymore with those two - posh was recently quoted as saying that they are in america to become the 'most powerful couple in hollywood'

It's all about being stars, about feeding their ego's and seeing how far they can take it. They don't want to be has beens in the UK they want to be superstars in the USA.

It wont be long before they hit the US talkshows like letterman and j.Leno etc.

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:00 AM
toseeunited

he's just taken another knock on his ankle hasn't he!!!!

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:00 AM
khmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
It's not even that much to do with money anymore with those two - posh was recently quoted as saying that they are in america to become the 'most powerful couple in hollywood'

It's all about being stars, about feeding their ego's and seeing how far they can take it. They don't want to be has beens in the UK they want to be superstars in the USA.

pathetic.

i know everyone likes to think its all posh's fault but he loves it.

they're both as bad as each other

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:10 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
They won't be doing themselves any favours on those shows. They're just not interesting or charismatic enough to compete with American athletes like Shaq, Tiger Woods, Tom Brady, LeBron James, Derek Jeter, Peyton Manning, etc, all of whom give a far better interview and have much more personality. I think he'll do a good job on the pitch and will obviously fill stadiums, but they're not going to conquer anything off the pitch, especially if they go Christian Scientist.

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:13 AM
khmk

and the fact that he sounds like the phonejacker dude imitating a mouse

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:15 AM
Grimson

Quote:
and the fact that he sounds like the phonejacker dude imitating a mouse

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:19 AM
khmk

saw him yesterday being interviewed in a studio and in the backround there was just screaming girls

the guy interviewing him had a blank look in his eyes

for all he knew he was talking to a human dog whistle

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:26 AM
user_name

Quote:
its sad he wants to be remembered as a brand rather than a footballer.

had talent and showed great spirit to come back from being a hate figure after France 98 to become Englands talisman.

And being dropped from the Madrid team and written off by Cappello (sp)? and the national team to getting picked again by both coaches.

well done disproving your own original point with the next 2 sentences.

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:29 AM
khmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_name
well done disproving your own original point with the next 2 sentences.

he has all the talent and attitude but the call of being a brand seems to appeal to him more is what i was saying you £#%&!ing mong.

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:32 AM
user_name

Quote:
he has all the talent and attitude but the call of being a brand seems to appeal to him more is what i was saying you £#%&!ing mong.
i know what you said, you didnt have to retype it

then you mentioned his great spirit getting back into england and madrid when he could have given up on both gone to america and spread the brand. but he didnt did he?

um, YOU MONG

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:33 AM
Ed Sullivan

Thumbs up

beckhams a @#%&!

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:56 AM
khmk

Quote:
i know what you said, you didnt have to retype it

then you mentioned his great spirit getting back into england and madrid when he could have given up on both gone to america and spread the brand. but he didnt did he?

um, YOU MONG

that was pride

he had his heart set on moving to L.A. for more exposure.

i think when people write him off he always comes back and proves them wrong.

it motivates him. he's £#%&!ed off his career a few years too early and has taken a big step down imo.

A big factor was that it was the U.S. which to me he's always been influenced by and wanted to be known over there.

getting back into the England squad and Madrid 1st team was him sticking 2 fingers up to those who dropped him.

he's known as a brand and for being good looking while he's talents as a player have been overshadowed.

Popypants

Unread 22-07-2007, 04:19 AM
user_name

Quote:
Popypants

how DARE YOU!

Unread 22-07-2007, 04:30 AM
khmk

Quote:

how DARE YOU!