Lou_Macari_Chippy

Default yip yap

[YOUTUBE]6qYRS_mY6AI[/YOUTUBE]

Could have been a legend.

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:29 AM
toseeunited

Thumbs up

jaap was class!!

look at the players who've left though, and we still bounce back...

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:37 AM
Crumps

Was excellent but he's nothing more than a drug cheat in my eyes now.

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:49 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Was excellent but he's nothing more than a drug cheat in my eyes now.
Bit like Rio. Shame the pressures of the modern game lead players into doing stuff like that just to get an edge, seems that side of the game is being cleaned up now - either that or the players are finding ways around the testing.

Was a steroid that is often found in the body naturally that stam got caught with wasn't it? increased levels of testosterone or something like that, of course he claimed he was innocent but then they always do don't they...

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:49 AM
khmk

He's an exeption to the rule that all dutch players are usually @#%&!s.

Unread 22-07-2007, 04:07 AM
khmk

didn't they take a sample of Rio's hair and it came back negative, which would have shown any sign of a drug in his system for the previous 6 months or something?

don't quote me on that

Unread 22-07-2007, 04:12 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
I would bet good money that Jaap failed in internal drug test in the early stages of the season and this is the reason he was sold. Fergie's a @#%&! for selling him though eh?
I thought Stam was sold because he mentioned that fergie had tried to tap him up? I dont really have much of an opinion on fergie selling stam - if it was because they knew he was on the drugs then thats one thing, if it was because he broke fergie's code of conduct by revealing more than he should of in his book then thats something else. Either way if i was a manager i wouldn't be happy so in some ways it's kind of understandable...

A lot of reds that where fairly close to Stam though all said he was a top top bloke, and felt that although he made a mistake with his book he didnt deserve to be sold, after all it was his one and only mistake at the time, many were outraged that we had sold a player that gave his all for the shirt.

Unread 22-07-2007, 04:19 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmk
didn't they take a sample of Rio's hair and it came back negative, which would have shown any sign of a drug in his system for the previous 6 months or something?

don't quote me on that
The problem is that certain drugs dont show up on the hair test, and others can be masked with other things and gotten out of the system. Time is the key thing in any drug test, to really prove anything it has to be done within a reasonable time of intake. It's becoming so much of a science these days. the testers are always playing catch up as the sportspeople involved have experts in those fields at their disposal...

Unread 22-07-2007, 04:43 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Check out the look of fear on the long haired guys face

[YOUTUBE]ui0bKF-Nk2A[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 22-07-2007, 04:47 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Going after Vierra...

[YOUTUBE]NesxBRzEpUs[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 22-07-2007, 11:53 AM
Tumescent Throb

Judging by Stam's performances in the Charity Shield v Liverpool and the Fulham game his drug of choice was alcohol - absolute shite.

Stam's book was atrocious, quite apart from the fact he pointlessly opened the dressing room door.

I don't believe Stam was guilty of doping really, and Ferdinand certainly was clean according to all reports.

In many ways Stam is a United legend, and getting £#%&!ed off when he did has probably spared him from £#%&!ing up his reputation in my view; he was on the wane.

Ferguson said he was sold for football reasons. Many mock him for the statement, few believe him. But there are £16m reasons (plus the two I've mentioned) why it is almost certainly true.

Unread 22-07-2007, 11:58 AM
42ndstreet irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by khmk

don't quote me on that
Jaap should have requested that test to clear his name

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:44 PM
HollowmanVIII

Vidic > Stam. nft.

Unread 22-07-2007, 08:15 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Ferguson said he was sold for football reasons. Many mock him for the statement, few believe him. But there are £16m reasons (plus the two I've mentioned) why it is almost certainly true.
I'm not convinced on that one - selling Stam and replacing him with a 40 year old Blanc 'for football reasons' - just doesn't make sense...

Stam was certainly a fool for revealing what he did when he was still in contract and playing etc. Why his advisor's didn't red flag this to him i dont know, they were probably on a percentage or something. I guess sometimes what makes a man a top bloke, like being honest and straight up can sometimes be a liability too.

Unread 22-07-2007, 08:23 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedy23
Vidic > Stam. nft.
i don't £#%&!ing think so dot com.

Unread 22-07-2007, 08:30 PM
tatty

I wish he'd have knocked vieiras pin head clean off.

What an irritating @#%&!.

Unread 22-07-2007, 08:31 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedy23
Vidic > Stam. nft.

too early to say that imo.

Unread 22-07-2007, 08:35 PM
thatsfuctit

Anyone got a clip of when ivan zamorano tried backing him up, he might have well have tried to back up a brick wall, tried it twice iirc and Jaap just glared at him.

Unread 22-07-2007, 08:37 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
I wish he'd have knocked vieiras pin head clean off.

What an irritating @#%&!.
He was defo going to, if it wasnt for beckham and a few others holding him back he would have done him in. Vierra shit it too.

Unread 22-07-2007, 11:16 PM
Zorg

I think it was the drugs thing, with the book not helping.
Imagine a drugs scandal like that, people would have been calling for United to return their trophies and Ferguson to give up his knighthood - everyone knows the utter hatred people had for United then (hmm, when we won everything, what a coincidence ). I reckon they had wind of it and decided to get shut before anyone started asking questions.
Then the book made him look a @#%&!.

The idea he was sold for football reasons is a total, utter joke. He was absolutely brilliant - funny how after leaving United he went on to have a very successful career in Serie A, playing for some of their top clubs. But no, he was shit wasn't he

Best defender I've ever seen play.
Closed Thread