United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-07-2007, 02:37 PM
Serenity Now

Default Fergie: No plan B

Sir Alex Ferguson says he will wait as long as he has to for the Carlos Tevez transfer to go through, but admits he has no back-up plan if things don't go as planned.

The deal to bring the Argentine to Old Trafford is currently in the hands of FIFA and the club remain hopeful that the formalities can be completed before the summer transfer window closes next month.

"I'm confident about the Tevez situation," Sir Alex told a press conference on his arrival in Macau. "Until that isn't the case I'm happy to wait until the clearance comes through.

"If it doesn't happen then we'll have to reconsider our plans but I have nothing as a fallback at the moment."

Chief Executive David Gill added that although the matter is a complicated one, he too is confident of a positive outcome.

"It's been worked on by all the parties involved," declared Gill. "We're in discussions with the FA and FIFA and we hope to have a resolution soon."

Unread 21-07-2007, 02:39 PM
koppas

If he doesn't come before August 31st, we will just sign him in January.

Unread 21-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Serenity Now

SSN reporting that the Premier League will meet FIFA on Monday regarding Tevez situation.

Unread 21-07-2007, 02:41 PM
red red robbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
If he doesn't come before August 31st, we will just sign him in January.
At least he won't be cup tied for Europe

Unread 21-07-2007, 02:45 PM
MUFC One Love

I have no doubts Tevez will be joining, I think it's a case of trying to find a way to announce what type of deal it is to try and make it look 'proper'.

Unread 21-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Bunker Buster

Will be Signed by next weekend.

Unread 21-07-2007, 02:47 PM
tatty

If the pl and whu can fudge a deal it will be sorted.

wh have to make a song and a dance about the transfer fee to maintain a shred of credibility over last seasons dodgy dealings.

Unread 21-07-2007, 02:48 PM
rebelcountyred

with the PL and fifa meeting monday perhaps it can be sorted quickly, fifa may tell the PL that 3rd party ownerships of players is commonplace throughout the football world and that the PL is no different, seems to me that FIFA would have to ban 3rd party ownerships of players otherwise and imagine the problems that would cause.

Unread 21-07-2007, 04:14 PM
Tumescent Throb

If he signs, he signs

Unread 21-07-2007, 11:39 PM
MJ Ramone

I don't think it'll happen.

I don't trust FIFA/The FA to come to a decision very quickly...& I certainly don't expect them to come to a decision that rules in favour of Manchester United (Sepp Blatter & Brian Barwick FFS )

He'll be in limbo until January. Possibly even refusing to play for West Ham.
The story will run & run until the next window at which point West Ham will allow him to leave - anywhere BUT Old Trafford.

Of course in the meantime Javier Mascherano will be playing for the dippers every week without any 'questions of 3rd party ownership' being asked by the British government & every footballing governing body in existence.

If he's wearing our shirt against Chelsea a fortnight tomorrow I'll be £#%&!ing gobsmacked.

Unread 21-07-2007, 11:42 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Will be Signed by next weekend.
Cheers for that mate.

I feel all warm inside now.

Unread 21-07-2007, 11:42 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Not Chelsea. But would you really be suprised if he ended up at Madrid or one of the Milans?

I just can't picture him in a United shirt.

Deal's off.

Unread 21-07-2007, 11:44 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Not Chelsea. But would you really be suprised if he ended up at Madrid or one of the Milans?

Deal's off.
Oh, you £#%&!ing @#%&!!

And I thought I was pessimistic.

My warm feeling has just £#%&!ed off for a pint.

Unread 21-07-2007, 11:46 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

Deal's off.

Agreed.

He might end up at Chelsea (money enough to pay West Ham + Joorabchin)
or Liverpool (seemingly above the law regarding deals involving a '3rd party')

However, I expect him to be playing for Inter Milan in the coming months.

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:08 AM
Serenity Now

Doesn't sound too promising.
Quote:
Carlos Tevez red tape forces FA to meet Fifa
By Andrew Warshaw and Mark Kleinman, Sunday Telegraph
Last Updated: 11:42pm BST 21/07/2007

Fifa will meet a representative of the FA tomorrow to discuss Carlos Tevez's proposed move from West Ham to Manchester United as fears grow that any transfer may not go ahead until January.

Speculation mounted yesterday that the move would have to wait until the first transfer window of 2008 after it emerged that Fifa's Dispute Resolution Chamber is not due to meet until the second week in August, just before the season starts on Aug 11.

However, a Fifa spokesman said: "A meeting will take place on Monday. My understanding is that it will be with members of the FA, not the Premier League. It could be that someone from the Premier League comes along as well. My understanding is that a senior lawyer from the FA will come to Zurich to meet our senior legal people."

United chief executive David Gill had asked for the dispute to be given special priority by Fifa in the knowledge that the DRC, who investigate around 30 cases each time they convene, allow 60 days to resolve each dispute. It has been made clear that they would not hesitate to postpone any decision on Tevez until September, outside the transfer window, if they were not satisfied.

One high-ranking DRC officer had even said there was not even any guarantee that the Tevez case would be heard in August. "Even if it is, there are several precedents for cases being postponed and there is absolutely no certainty it would be completed at the August meeting," he said.

"Our next meeting would then not be until mid-September. There is huge pressure to resolve this because it involves Manchester United, but it could well be that the arbitrators need more time."

West Ham, who have blocked Tevez's medical at United, are convinced that they hold Tevez's registration and that the player, who kept them in the Premiership virtually single-handedly, is contracted to them for another three years.

However, the player's representative, Kia Joorabchian, maintains that his company, Media Sports Investments, still own all economic rights and that a deal has already been struck with United.

"We have to [determine] what is the role of this company and whether there has been a breach of contract," said the DRC member. "Only then can we decide on any level of compensation. No one can say for certain when it will be judged."

Another DRC member, Mick McGuire, the English board member of FIFpro, the international body for professional players, believes Fifa could still fast track the Tevez case. "Regulations don't give total comfort that it could be heard by the end of the transfer window," he said. "But when English football sneezes, everyone catches a cold, so because of the high-profile nature of our country it could work in their favour."

Sir Alex Ferguson, the United manager, has admitted that the club have no Plan B if they fail to cut through the red tape. "If things don't go our way, then we will obviously have to reconsider our plans," he said. "But there is no fall-back position at the present time."

Ferguson also said that he expected Gabriel Heinze to be back in training at United in two weeks having rejected the defender's proposed move to Liverpool for £6.8 million. Ferguson said he had not spoken to Heinze since the final of the Copa America last weekend, since when reports have emerged that Heinze wants to take United to court because he says he has a letter from the club saying he could leave if an offer of more than £6 million was received.

"He is on holiday now - like any player he needs to rest after the summer tournament," said Ferguson. "He knows and we know that his agents are the mechanism of what is happening. We're trying to steer our way through that minefield because they are proving quite difficult."

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Rhodzy

Big Ron said Tevez will fail like Veron if he comes.

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:16 AM
violater

so saf should have done this

*saf clears throat and brings out a peice of paper"
"if tevez doesnt sign this is what we intend to do....number two on our list of targets is ***** ******, his club want about **m for him ....."

tevez will sign before the season starts so stop panicking.

mj ramonne sometimes i wonder, you appear to me well educated and smart yet sometimes you think without logic and speak sense.(this isnt a wum)

why will tevez end up at liverpool or chelsea but not united?
why will a inter milan that have never been interested in tevez suddenly just sign him and you know leaving west ham no matter to what club would be the same regarding tevez ownership of him(as who will inter pay a fee too)?
why do you keep bringing up the mascreano deal with the scousers when we all have even read the transcripts and are aware that the ownership situation is different due to the "tearing up the msi contract" in january....?

are you trying to be all down and then pleasently suprised when he joins or do you actually believe what you have posted in this thread and honestly think its logical and thought through.

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:21 AM
khmk

If you build it he will come.

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:25 AM
khmk

Meanwhile -Tevez isn't giving anything away.

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:33 AM
Serenity Now

Vio, nobody is slagging Fergie for this.

As for the transfer, I think it'll happen too. Assuming FIFA do decide that adjudicating on this matter falls within their remit, they definitely won't want to see the player stuck in limbo.

And Mr Ramone clearly likes to take a negative position in order to bring balance to the force
Closed Thread