United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-07-2007, 05:40 PM
santiago

Default fernando redondo – heinze

redondo: quality argentine play maker who refused his salary while injured at milan and only got paid when he played (so the story goes). retired because he felt he couldn't repeat his best form and didn't try and £#%&! off to juve or inter to get a golden pay day.

read it and not gabriel heinze...

Unread 20-07-2007, 06:24 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago
redondo: quality argentine play maker who refused his salary while injured at milan and only got paid when he played (so the story goes). retired because he felt he couldn't repeat his best form and didn't try and £#%&! off to juve or inter to get a golden pay day.

Unread 20-07-2007, 06:34 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:
Originally Posted by santiago

Online translation engines - always way off

Unread 20-07-2007, 06:54 PM
rubbernecker

It's a bit like mentioning Arthur Albiston and Zidane in the same sentence

Redondo= one of the greatest players ever

Unread 20-07-2007, 06:58 PM
£#%&! KFC

don't believe the hype...Redondo was awesome at Old Trafford that night but he's far from the demi-god he's made out to be

injuries wrecked his career but always felt he was over hyped

Unread 20-07-2007, 07:08 PM
rubbernecker

£#%&! off with the hype,

I've got eyes and opinions of my own and have seen him play 50+ times,enough to make an informed judgement

He was the real deal

Unread 20-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

fabulous player but thats a bit much

Unread 20-07-2007, 07:13 PM
£#%&! KFC

I only saw him on TV but always seemed to play better for Argentina than Madrid, think he could have been another ZZ if he did at Milan but the truth is he hardly played for them

injury prone and over-hyped am afraid

Unread 20-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I only saw him on TV but always seemed to play better for Argentina than Madrid, think he could have been another ZZ if he did at Milan but the truth is he hardly played for them

zidane?

he was a hard tackling central midfielder, admittedly he could pass but i think you're getting carried away

Unread 20-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Grimson

Quote:

'Hyped' is relative term and has zero bearing on what a player accomplishes on the pitch. Redondo was a fantastic player for Madrid and is rightly considered a legend by their fans, who should know.

Unread 20-07-2007, 07:16 PM
Alan

As Ferguson has said, most of the Heinze to vermin stuff is coming from his agent.

Unread 20-07-2007, 07:17 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
'Hyped' is relative term and has zero bearing on what a player accomplishes on the pitch. Redondo was a fantastic player for Madrid and is rightly considered a legend by their fans, who should know.
the same fans who consider Beckham a legend and Reyes no doubt

Unread 20-07-2007, 07:18 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

wum

Unread 20-07-2007, 07:26 PM
Grimson

Quote:
I doubt that. I think they consider Beckham a good servant who left too early, and Reyes still has a lot to prove.

This is a pretty poor way of trying to make points, btw.

Unread 20-07-2007, 07:28 PM
£#%&! KFC

so because the most fickle fans in European football, not to mention the biggest bunch of arseholes, rate Redondo as a legend I should agree

btw they had about 30 fans that night of the Redondo game at OT ...and despite him playing his best ever game, we should still have beaten them our defending was woeful

the same Beckham they wanted shot of last December....

Unread 20-07-2007, 07:35 PM
Grimson

Quote:
so because the most fickle fans in European football, not to mention the biggest bunch of arseholes, rate Redondo as a legend I should agree
Not if you don't want to, no. But since you compared him with Zidane and on that basis declared him 'over hyped' then I can only suggest you strongly consider the opinions of others.

Unread 20-07-2007, 07:38 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Not if you don't want to, no. But since you compared him with Zidane and on that basis declared him 'over hyped' then I can only suggest you strongly consider the opinions of others.
I don't consider anyone's opinions ...I'm always £#%&!ing right

rubbernecker

Quote:

There were serious disturbances when Redondo left Madrid as he was valued that highly by the fans.He was the fulcrum of the side and UEFAs player of the year.None of which applied to Beckham.

Don't spout about hype and then serve up Hello/OK bullshit

To say he was just a hard tackler is to show no understanding of the role he played.Everything ewent through him.He made teams tick and displayed skill as well as strength

The fact why so many people underate him is in large part due to his lack of international appearances.Fair play to the lad for standing up to Junta favourite Passerella.Good attitude.If Argentina had played him instead of Veron then they'd have been a far better side and saved the club £28 million at the same time

Grimson

Quote:
I don't consider anyone's opinions ...I'm always £#%&!ing right
Well you should have told me sooner.

Unread 20-07-2007, 07:41 PM
£#%&! KFC

wind yer rubber neck in..wtf is Hello/OK bullshit Madrid fans are @#%&!s, end of, they even got hysterical about Beckham £#%&!ing off in the end

I didn't say anything about him being just a 'hard tackler'

but it sounds like you are fixated by Redondo and his hard tackle......you wanna see someone about that
Closed Thread