United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-10-2020, 10:09 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the players behind him could see what was in front of them and did nothing. he saw what was in front of him and did something.

some people can't see what is in front of them. is there anyone behind you that could help?
Your analysis of football is atrocious mate, as are your swing and miss jibes. Anyone with a pair of eyes and at least one match’s worth of experience can tell you’re deluded and hopelessly biased towards your pets.

Unread 07-10-2020, 10:42 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Your analysis of football is atrocious mate, as are your swing and miss jibes. Anyone with a pair of eyes and at least one match’s worth of experience can tell you’re deluded and hopelessly biased towards your pets.
luke shaw is hardly a pet. he's not one of my favourite players and I am not blind to his shortcomings. however, the stick he gets on here from people who have no £#%&!ing clue what is going on on the pitch is ridiculous. and he is probably our most aware defender (not saying much).

defending is not about individuals as much as it is about the discipline of the unit. you cannot have a couple of useless @#%&!s standing doing nothing whilst one or two players shuttle around fire-fighting. communication is important and that means more than just de gea bleating "no, luke, no".

our defence is badly coached. I wouldn't point the finger of blame at shaw on that goal. the people who will are the people who just criticise every £#%&!ing thing he does.

what you think of my analysis is irrelevant. you can agree or you can be wrong. you seem ok with being wrong, so why should either of us worry?

Unread 07-10-2020, 11:35 AM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
luke shaw is hardly a pet. he's not one of my favourite players and I am not blind to his shortcomings. however, the stick he gets on here from people who have no f***ing clue what is going on on the pitch is ridiculous. and he is probably our most aware defender (not saying much).

defending is not about individuals as much as it is about the discipline of the unit. you cannot have a couple of useless c***s standing doing nothing whilst one or two players shuttle around fire-fighting. communication is important and that means more than just de gea bleating "no, luke, no".

our defence is badly coached. I wouldn't point the finger of blame at shaw on that goal. the people who will are the people who just criticise every f***ing thing he does.

what you think of my analysis is irrelevant. you can agree or you can be wrong. you seem ok with being wrong, so why should either of us worry?

Cant agree with that, someone has to be in command of the box, someone has to dictate to the defenders, that someone should normally be the goalkeeper, he is literally looking at the play, he tells you to stay on the post then you stay on the post, he tells you to go to the man with the ball you do it, he tells you to cover the runner/space you do it.

If nobody is commanding the box or dictating to the defenders then the possibility of a defensive unit is never going to happen and you end up with what we have, a disjointed mess with nobody working together all defending as individuals.

Unread 07-10-2020, 11:49 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
Cant agree with that, someone has to be in command of the box, someone has to dictate to the defenders, that someone should normally be the goalkeeper, he is literally looking at the play, he tells you to stay on the post then you stay on the post, he tells you to go to the man with the ball you do it, he tells you to cover the runner/space you do it.

If nobody is commanding the box or dictating to the defenders then the possibility of a defensive unit is never going to happen and you end up with what we have, a disjointed mess with nobody working together all defending as individuals.
so... who is in command of the box and what were his instructions and how were they delivered?

not saying I disagree with the principle, but what is actually happening in practice?

Unread 07-10-2020, 12:50 PM
Lok

They're all shit. No leadership, awful decision making, no chill.

Watching them try and play it out from the back is frustrating.

Watching teams constantly expose our full back's positioning is infuriating.

Watching the clowns clatter into each other trying to clear a simple ball is actually quite funny.

But they're a farce. None of them are good enough. Half the time they don't look arsed, the other time they're panicking.
Closed Thread