United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-07-2007, 11:52 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by violater
mj ramonne sometimes i wonder, you appear to me well educated and smart yet sometimes you think without logic and speak sense.(this isnt a wum)

why will tevez end up at liverpool or chelsea but not united?
why will a inter milan that have never been interested in tevez suddenly just sign him and you know leaving west ham no matter to what club would be the same regarding tevez ownership of him(as who will inter pay a fee too)?
why do you keep bringing up the mascreano deal with the scousers when we all have even read the transcripts and are aware that the ownership situation is different due to the "tearing up the msi contract" in january....?

are you trying to be all down and then pleasently suprised when he joins or do you actually believe what you have posted in this thread and honestly think its logical and thought through.

There's no rational thought process at work, I just can't see this one happening.
There's too much 'scandal' & 'backpage hysteria'
I do think there are double standards when Manchester United are involved. I think we are used as an example...are treated more harshly by governing bodies in order to bring us down a peg or two.
I'm not paranoid (well, maybe a bit)

If Liverpool were in for him I honestly believe it would have happened by now.
The thing with Liverpool is that they still used a 'third party' to buy Mascherano. Regardless of what documents were torn up, they didn't deal solely/directly with West Ham.

FIFA's standing on 'Third Party Ownership' is essentially - turn a blind eye to it where it already exists (all over Europe) but prevent it happening where it already doesn't exist - the UK.
FIFA traditionally side with 'the underdog'...they'll sympathise with West Ham because they won't want to be seen to be making life easy for a powerhouse like Manchester United.

This will still be up in the air come the January window. I've said it all along.

The worrying thing from our point of view is that we're going into another season with the unreliable, injury prone options of Saha, Smith & Ole.

Unread 22-07-2007, 11:57 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
The worrying thing from our point of view is that we're going into another season with the unreliable, injury prone options of Saha, Smith & Ole.
Those options look pretty £#%&!ing good to me, MJ, especially when you throw Rossi, Nani and Anderson into the mix along with the dynamic, mesmeric, rapier-thrusting, inter-changing attacking players we already have.

Unread 22-07-2007, 12:12 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Those options look pretty £#%&!ing good to me, MJ, especially when you throw Rossi, Nani and Anderson into the mix along with the dynamic, mesmeric, rapier-thrusting, inter-changing attacking players we already have.
If those 3 players were fit, reliable & playing at the top of their game I would agree with you, but they're not.

It was the last straw with Saha for me last season. When we really needed him he got £#%&!ing injured again...not his fault maybe, but it was his 4th or 5th long term lay off since he joined just over 3 years ago.
It's simply not good enough.

Smith, I quite like the lad. He's a very popular member of the squad & does give everything when he plays. But, he just isn't a goal threat. He never looks like scoring goals.
The costly decision to try & convert him into a midfielder has been detrimental to his forward play.

Ole, United Legend. Top man. Valuable squad player - even now. But I wouldn't imagine he'll start many more than 10 games next season.

Nani & Anderson I know very little about & have seen very little of. I don't doubt that they're terrific young players, but I do think they'll be fairly quiet in their first year or two at the Club (although I'd love to be wrong about that of course)

Rossi, I'm not convinced by. I think he'll leave before this transfer window closes anyway.

For me it's vital that we land Tevez before the season starts (or at least before August 31st)

Unread 22-07-2007, 01:54 PM
MUFC One Love

Tevez will be joining us, why would West Ham say they will accept any FIFA decision? You simply don't say that before a judgement is made. West Ham and the Premier League basically need a way of the transfer going through without it looking dodgy and a FIFA 'decision' does that. He'll be a red by 10 days maximum.

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:22 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Tevez will be joining us, why would West Ham say they will accept any FIFA decision? You simply don't say that before a judgement is made. West Ham and the Premier League basically need a way of the transfer going through without it looking dodgy and a FIFA 'decision' does that. He'll be a red by 10 days maximum.
Can we hold you to that?

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:24 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Can we hold you to that?

£#%&! off.

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:26 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
£#%&! off.
You seem so sure!

Backtracking now, eh?!

Unread 22-07-2007, 02:27 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
You seem so sure!

Backtracking now, eh?!
No it was just a prediction you doomlord @#%&!S!

Unread 22-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
If those 3 players were fit, reliable & playing at the top of their game I would agree with you, but they're not.

It was the last straw with Saha for me last season. When we really needed him he got £#%&!ing injured again...not his fault maybe, but it was his 4th or 5th long term lay off since he joined just over 3 years ago.
It's simply not good enough.

Smith, I quite like the lad. He's a very popular member of the squad & does give everything when he plays. But, he just isn't a goal threat. He never looks like scoring goals.
The costly decision to try & convert him into a midfielder has been detrimental to his forward play.

Ole, United Legend. Top man. Valuable squad player - even now. But I wouldn't imagine he'll start many more than 10 games next season.

Nani & Anderson I know very little about & have seen very little of. I don't doubt that they're terrific young players, but I do think they'll be fairly quiet in their first year or two at the Club (although I'd love to be wrong about that of course)

Rossi, I'm not convinced by. I think he'll leave before this transfer window closes anyway.

For me it's vital that we land Tevez before the season starts (or at least before August 31st)
Saha will do plenty of damage for us again next season (damaging himself in the process most probably).

Ole will score some goals for us again.

Rossi might not leave and could be more than useful, especially as a sub if he gets his United confidence up.

The rest of United's attacking options alone should give us more than enough to compete on all fronts, and hopefully be well in contention to defend the league next spring.

Tevez could be a total flop if he gets signed, or he could just as likely be unstoppable. I certainly won't be too arsed if he doesn't sign unless all the shit around him suddenly clears up if he goes somewhere else.

On Smith, well yes I forgot to exclude him from the equation, although he showed a few times last season that he can play his part. I suspect this is moreso when everyone around him is on their game. But credit where it's due, everyone seems to say that he gives plenty to the spirit inside United.

The point about his supposed conversion to midfield is however utter nonsense; the way he's been used at United is nothing different to the way he was used at Leeds - what we've seen is exactly the player we bought. The difference in the net result is probably that he simply hasn't been able to take that step up in class.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Smith#Leeds_United
Closed Thread