United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-09-2018, 08:46 PM
Jack Duckworth

Default How long do you think it will be until we win the league again?

city's owners aren't going anywhere. liverpool, tottenham, chelsea and arsenal all fancy their chances in the next couple of years. when will it be our turn again?

Unread 22-09-2018, 08:47 PM
no fun

Unread 22-09-2018, 08:50 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
city's owners aren't going anywhere. liverpool, tottenham, chelsea and arsenal all fancy their chances in the next couple of years. when will it be our turn again?
I said when we employed Moyes that it would set the club back a decade. I see no reason to change my mind.

United won’t be winning the league For a good 4 or so years. Obviously the longer we persist with this defunct set up, the longer it will get.

We need to go back to drawing board in how we operate as a club.

Unread 22-09-2018, 08:51 PM
Hands of Scone

At least three years even if the club got their act together tomorrow. There are no signs of that. I’d be surprised if we won it in the next decade. City will have a ticker up soon.

Unread 22-09-2018, 08:54 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I said when we employed Moyes that it would set the club back a decade. I see no reason to change my mind.

United won’t be winning the league For a good 4 or so years. Obviously the longer we persist with this defunct set up, the longer it will get.

We need to go back to drawing board in how we operate as a club.
agreed. all the talk is about sacking the manager, but the whole structure of the club is £#%&!ed. the board don't seem to have a clue about anything other than getting crisp partners; the youth system doesn't seem to consistently produce players who are capable of having an impact on the first team; and we've a shitload of players who aren't good enough on enormous wages.

apart from that though, everything's £#%&!ing great.

Unread 22-09-2018, 08:57 PM
TheFatGoth

We won't

See Leeds

Unread 22-09-2018, 09:00 PM
My Name is Keith

Not confident that we will get our act together anytime soon but also not confident that the others will maintain their current trajectory. Pep leaves city, which he will in the next 2/3 years, and they may struggle again to keep churning out decent teams.

Liverpool are for me the bigger threat because you can see klopp there for a long time and if they get their act together and win the league, they will become quite powerful again. If they fail this year though and he wins nothing then it could easily go the other way. They worry me though.

Can’t see us doing it in the next 5 years tbh but there’s always a Leicester one off. I sense the club knows this.

Unread 22-09-2018, 09:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
agreed. all the talk is about sacking the manager, but the whole structure of the club is £#%&!ed. the board don't seem to have a clue about anything other than getting crisp partners; the youth system doesn't seem to consistently produce players who are capable of having an impact on the first team; and we've a shitload of players who aren't good enough on enormous wages.

apart from that though, everything's £#%&!ing great.
Say what you will about City - and yes, in the early days of the abu dhabi take over it was all about making an impact and throwing money about...

but as soon as they got the barcelona blokes in, and got a proper structure in place, they started buying the players who would go on to be the backbone of their team for a good few years. Very rarely would you say City have bought a 'superstar' player, despite all they have spent.

now compare that to the superstars we've signed in the last 4 years... several and none of them have worked out. We are signing players for exposure, likes and sponsors not to win football matches.

Unread 22-09-2018, 09:08 PM
tatty

If we keep throwing hundreds of millions at each transfer window then we may fluke one Leicester style.

However, there is no chance of us dominating again without razing the club and starting afresh.

And there seems to be little prospect of that happening.

Unread 22-09-2018, 09:23 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
At least three years even if the club got their act together tomorrow. There are no signs of that. I’d be surprised if we won it in the next decade. City will have a ticker up soon.
This is a distinct possibility and tbh, who would blame them if they did.

Nemesis follows hubris just as night follows day

Unread 22-09-2018, 09:25 PM
Chris Quayd

Best chance is doing a Leicester because not a hope of building a structure to compete with the best while those leeches are in charge. Strong possibility we never win it again as it will be replaced by a super league.

Unread 22-09-2018, 09:38 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Best chance is doing a Leicester because not a hope of building a structure to compete with the best while those leeches are in charge. Strong possibility we never win it again as it will be replaced by a super league.
If it was, we'd only get in by name recognition....

Actually a European league system might just save a lot of smaller clubs. Holland, Belgium, France etc, outside of the top clubs attendances are falling and revenue more so. Even if you started at say the third tier of of a European league you could still stimulate interest. There are cheap flights and reasonably priced trains now all over Europe. Supporters may prefer a change of scenery o a saturday afternoon

Unread 22-09-2018, 10:15 PM
red in cumbria

increasingly thinking, as I alluded to earlier today, that we aren't going to win the league again without NEW OWNERS.

Unread 22-09-2018, 10:19 PM
Sparky***

Take a look across the pond at their NFL franchise if you want know what's on the cards for us

Unread 22-09-2018, 10:27 PM
Mr_Ed

We need at least 5 years sadly. I’ve seen 13 titles but I fear I may not see another.

Unread 22-09-2018, 10:30 PM
Buck

What makes our yanks different from liverpool's yanks?

Unread 22-09-2018, 10:39 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun

Unread 22-09-2018, 10:47 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
What makes our yanks different from liverpool's yanks?
Our yanks have no interest in football

Unread 22-09-2018, 10:49 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
Our yanks have no interest in football
Neither do theirs. They'd never heard of Liverpool when they bought them. But they'd sure as £#%&! heard of us.

Unread 22-09-2018, 10:51 PM
Parlabane

Can’t see us winning it for a good few years- we just don’t have the mentality to turn around matches like we used too.
As soon as it starts to get tough too many of our lot go hiding, there’s no fight, spirit, togetherness, call it what you like - we are a team of individuals and to do a “Leicester” the minimum you need is a team
Closed Thread