United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-07-2017, 10:48 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm not saying it doesn't count, Billy. I said that our problem was we relied on one bloke to score all of our goals and nobody weighed in with a respectable total outside of our no9.

Lukaku will score goals...Mkhitaryan might even score 10+ maybe...

Who else is going to get goals in the double figures or 15+?
If they get their shit together, Martial and Rashford. Mata is always good for goals. I'd be more worried if I didn't think the lads that are here are more than capable of doing more than they did last season.

I would put money on Mkihi, Rashford, Martial and Pogba to all score more than they did last season.

Missed chances that I don't expect us to miss again contributed to a crisis of confidence last season at key stages too. Mourinho is a year further into his 'project'. I expect us to improve as a collective and therefore score more as a collective.

And we'll sign at least one more forward player.

Unread 18-07-2017, 10:52 PM
Tumescent Throb

the attack is dramatically improved by getting rid of rooney and signing a flat track bully. add in that zlatan can't play every week and the difference should be dramatic, especially if mourinho doesn't get stuck on always playing only 1 up front.

midfield we seem to be stuck with fellaini and carrick will be a bit part. on the plus side we've got some useful kids, and pogba should be even better this season. herrera will still be a diving @#%&! but hopefully he'll have another good season, and it's a bonus that rooney will never be shoehorned in there.

defence is a shitfest. no idea whether lindelof will be any good but he better be. left back is a mess. right back beyond valencia is a mess. the centre backs we already have are a mess. darmian and rojo are our best players back there but how much more reliable are they than jones is debatable.

in goal romero is quality but if he was 1st choice every week? not sure about that. we need a commanding keeper and if de gea goes then that's a good moment to act.

Unread 19-07-2017, 10:22 AM
RedMenace

Looks like it's one more and that's your lot. Trying not to overtly blame Woodward whilst still reminding everyone he asked for four players a long time ago.

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/manch...usiness-so-far

Unread 19-07-2017, 10:36 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Looks like it's one more and that's your lot. Trying not to overtly blame Woodward whilst still reminding everyone he asked for four players a long time ago.

And we'd have three if one didn't completely lose his bottle. This Summer was always going to be difficult imo. Foreign clubs know we have cash to spend and English clubs don't really have any need to sell to buy anymore.

Seems we used FFP against Inter, and rightly so. Who wouldn't? It's back fired now and we need to walk away. If Persic want's the move so badly why hasn't he slapped down a transfer request

Unread 19-07-2017, 10:41 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Oh well. No title this year then

Unread 19-07-2017, 10:58 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
And we'd have three if one didn't completely lose his bottle. This Summer was always going to be difficult imo. Foreign clubs know we have cash to spend and English clubs don't really have any need to sell to buy anymore.

Seems we used FFP against Inter, and rightly so. Who wouldn't? It's back fired now and we need to walk away. If Persic want's the move so badly why hasn't he slapped down a transfer request
Absolutely nailed

Annoys the £#%&! out of me, if they want the move so much, put in a transfer request. Nothing lost. Move to United and you're rolling in it. £#%&!ing agents the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Oh well. No title this year then

Big ears will have to do.

Unread 19-07-2017, 11:02 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

A midfielder is more important than another attacker IMO. But yeah we could do with both. If we get neither, we'll struggle for even the top 2 imo.

Unread 19-07-2017, 11:04 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
A midfielder is more important than another attacker IMO. But yeah we could do with both. If we get neither, we'll struggle for even the top 2 imo.
Really think we've a better chance of CL than PL

Unread 19-07-2017, 11:21 AM
ZiggyStardust

Jose is to blame and not Woodward if we don't get our last two targets

Making Dier and Matic our first and 2nd choice targets for the DM position was ridiculous
Firstly we need better but more importantly Spurs and Chelsea were never going to sell to us
Absolutely stupid by Jose

Also with Perisic it seems it's him or no other wide player
By now we should have moved onto another wide target as Inter are taking the piss

Unread 19-07-2017, 11:23 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Jose is to blame and not Woodward if we don't get our last two targets

Making Dier and Matic our first and 2nd choice targets for the DM position was ridiculous
Firstly we need better but more importantly Spurs and Chelsea were never going to sell to us
Absolutely stupid by Jose

Also with Perisic it seems it's him or no other wide player
By now we should have moved onto another wide target as Inter are taking the piss
How do you know Dier and Magic were out first choice targets? Read it in the papers/sky sources did you?

Unread 19-07-2017, 11:26 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
How do you know Dier and Magic were out first choice targets? Read it in the papers/sky sources did you?
Well they're the only two names we are consistently linked with
Who else are we to believe we're in for in the DM position, Fabinho?

I don't believe everything written in the papers but I think it's fairly clear these are our two main targets for the DM position

Unread 19-07-2017, 11:29 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Well they're the only two names we are consistently linked with
Who else are we to believe we're in for in the DM position, Fabinho?

I don't believe everything written in the papers but I think it's fairly clear these are our two main targets for the DM position
....after reading it in the media

Unread 19-07-2017, 11:31 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Unread 19-07-2017, 11:55 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Unread 19-07-2017, 12:00 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Goals will definitely come this season

Lukaku should get 20+ and I would expect Rashford, Martial and Mikhi to be pushing 15.
Pogba is the big expectation next season, a few cm's either side last season and he would easily have bagged 15. I think he could push 20 goals this season if we get a midfielder to sit in behind him

Unread 19-07-2017, 12:03 PM
dunk

Still reckon we'll sign at least 2 more. Stances on players will soften and prices will come down as the window gets closer to it's end.

Unread 19-07-2017, 12:07 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

Unread 19-07-2017, 12:12 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the attack is dramatically improved by getting rid of rooney and signing a flat track bully. add in that zlatan can't play every week and the difference should be dramatic, especially if mourinho doesn't get stuck on always playing only 1 up front.

midfield we seem to be stuck with fellaini and carrick will be a bit part. on the plus side we've got some useful kids, and pogba should be even better this season. herrera will still be a diving @#%&! but hopefully he'll have another good season, and it's a bonus that rooney will never be shoehorned in there.

defence is a shitfest. no idea whether lindelof will be any good but he better be. left back is a mess. right back beyond valencia is a mess. the centre backs we already have are a mess. darmian and rojo are our best players back there but how much more reliable are they than jones is debatable.

in goal romero is quality but if he was 1st choice every week? not sure about that. we need a commanding keeper and if de gea goes then that's a good moment to act.
Not a fan of Bailly then?

Unread 19-07-2017, 12:16 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Ok I'll place the wiretaps in Ed's office instead then

Unread 19-07-2017, 05:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Still reckon we'll sign at least 2 more. Stances on players will soften and prices will come down as the window gets closer to it's end.
Yes, still quite a lot of bluffing going on IMO.
Closed Thread