United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-04-2012, 10:44 PM
Luffy

Default Rooney is £#%&!ing shite isn't he?

What are his talents? Compare him to someone genuinely good like aguero and he's embarrassing. Poor touch, can't shield it, turns into danger, can't resist the useless switch to the wing, can't thread a throughball, not very good in the air. If he's our best player we seriously need some work on our coaching cos that was a shambles. Every city player looked more composed and assured on the ball.

We'd have been better off having crouch or heskey in the team tonight in his place FFS. He's the epitome of what is bad with this team, lazy, resting on his laurels, only doing just enough.

Remember when he used to shit on Ronaldo? He won player of the year twice and looked like he would win it every year for the next 10 years. Then Ronaldo worked hard to push on to become one of the best players ever and Rooney chilled out, played some FIFA and asked for a pay rise.

Countless players across Europe would have been more effective than Rooney tonight, he made it harder for many of our players because he was the focal point and he was just all over the place in both roles we asked him to play and tbh I can't remember the last time he looked like a top footballer.

Unread 30-04-2012, 10:45 PM
Fountz

go away please

Unread 30-04-2012, 10:46 PM
rogieop

so it had absolutely nothing to do with playing up top on his own against one of the best centre backs in the world?

ok.

Unread 30-04-2012, 10:50 PM
andyroo

Here they £#%&!ing come.

Unread 30-04-2012, 10:50 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
so it had absolutely nothing to do with playing up top on his own against one of the best centre backs in the world?

ok.
Stop making excuses for him, FFS.

This is the sort of game where we are relying on him for a performance - and just a few years ago, we might have got it......

He has fallen away badly - his goals tally for this year is as flattering (and deceptive) as our points total.

Unread 30-04-2012, 10:56 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
What are his talents? Compare him to someone genuinely good like aguero and he's embarrassing. Poor touch, can't shield it, turns into danger, can't resist the useless switch to the wing, can't thread a throughball, not very good in the air. If he's our best player we seriously need some work on our coaching cos that was a shambles. Every city player looked more composed and assured on the ball.

We'd have been better off having crouch or heskey in the team tonight in his place FFS. He's the epitome of what is bad with this team, lazy, resting on his laurels, only doing just enough.

Remember when he used to shit on Ronaldo? He won player of the year twice and looked like he would win it every year for the next 10 years. Then Ronaldo worked hard to push on to become one of the best players ever and Rooney chilled out, played some FIFA and asked for a pay rise.

Countless players across Europe would have been more effective than Rooney tonight, he made it harder for many of our players because he was the focal point and he was just all over the place in both roles we asked him to play and tbh I can't remember the last time he looked like a top footballer.
Shut up you absolute clunge.

Unread 30-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Dougiethebiscuit

Aguero did £#%&! all and neither did Tevez.

Both had a lot more service/support than Rooney did. That said I've always been of the opinion that Rooney is overrated.

Not in any way to blame for tonight though.

Unread 30-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Luffy

Best Cb in the world or not, controlling the ball and keeping it away from him is football 101. You either buy yourself a yard or get a foul if he pushes too hard, that's what aguero did all night against IMO a better defender in rio and aguero is smaller FFS.

Two touches max, one to stop the ball, the other to nick it away from the man behind you and move into space. Rooney always tries to stop the ball on the spot and turn left or right which gives them a sniff they shouldn't get. Our boys rarely got a sniff of a tackle because nasri, aguero, tevez and toure just kept the ball away from our toes for most of the game.

When everyone's able to do that it makes playing football really easy. Everyone takes a couple of touches and passes it on to the next guy who can control in a tight spot and do it again.

Rooney can't do that without one of his touches either trying to magically take it past his man or being a glorious pass which causes lack of composure in team mates and all moves to break down.

Bring on kagawa to show us what a real playmaker looks like.

Unread 30-04-2012, 10:57 PM
dunk

Yes, yes he is.

Well, not shite, but not necessarily that good.

Unread 30-04-2012, 10:59 PM
Luffy

You're all a £#%&!ing joke, you might as well be scouters sucking Stevie g's #@&%!.

Rooney needs to raise his game cos currently he's not good enough to be our best paid player. If he can't do that then he's a spent force and we should £#%&! him off.

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:00 PM
The Return of JC

Rooney was the least of our problems tonight. Aguero was no better either, btw.

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:03 PM
irk

Quote:
You're all a £#%&!ing joke, you might as well be scouters sucking Stevie g's #@&%!.

Rooney needs to raise his game cos currently he's not good enough to be our best paid player. If he can't do that then he's a spent force and we should £#%&! him off.

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Best Cb in the world or not, controlling the ball and keeping it away from him is football 101. You either buy yourself a yard or get a foul if he pushes too hard, that's what aguero did all night against IMO a better defender in rio and aguero is smaller FFS.

Two touches max, one to stop the ball, the other to nick it away from the man behind you and move into space. Rooney always tries to stop the ball on the spot and turn left or right which gives them a sniff they shouldn't get. Our boys rarely got a sniff of a tackle because nasri, aguero, tevez and toure just kept the ball away from our toes for most of the game.

When everyone's able to do that it makes playing football really easy. Everyone takes a couple of touches and passes it on to the next guy who can control in a tight spot and do it again.

Rooney can't do that without one of his touches either trying to magically take it past his man or being a glorious pass which causes lack of composure in team mates and all moves to break down.

Bring on kagawa to show us what a real playmaker looks like.
Histrionics or not, he's actually making a decent point.

Rooney is not a target man and never has been yet we decided to try and employ him as one. Welbeck is better at it than him ffs.

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:07 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Rooney is not a target man and never has been yet we decided to try and employ him as one. Welbeck is better at it than him ffs.
and Berba.......

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:08 PM
ScarFace

Rooney is at the bottom of the very good players in the world.

He's in the bracket but £#%&!ing boarderline

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:14 PM
Jack Duckworth

he's not been as good as i thought he would be in a united shirt, tbh.

250k a week, ffs.

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:18 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

so why the £#%&! is it a valid point then? rooney isnt a target man and certainly not a play maker so the o.p is absolute %@#$&!s as is your reply.

i didn't see one player who stood out tonight from either side. why blurt that rooney is 'shit'?

possesion was 50-50 in the first half i don't know about the second half but it couldnt have been much different. i wouldnt have signed aguero on tonights performance. if we are talking over the season i dont see any reason to £#%&! rooney off and sign aguero instead, do you?

the fault lies with fergie, he tried to put bolloks through the middle and try to get our wide players around them. scholes isnt box to box carrick isnt a threat on goal and park wasnt match fit. we were plugging hoes and hoping for a bit of magic from rooney to get us 3 points. it failed. there was 1 goal in the game and for my money if we had won one - nil i doubt anyone would feel we stole it.

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:21 PM
Pop

I wouldn't go that far but he's nowhere near Messi or Ronaldo's level despite what top reds or media £#%&!witts would have you believe.

He is however a dirty smelly £#%&!ing scouse @#%&! which is far worse.

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:50 PM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Rooney is at the bottom of the very good players in the world.

He's in the bracket but £#%&!ing boarderline
he's a disinterested scouse @#%&!

Unread 30-04-2012, 11:52 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
he's a disinterested scouse @#%&!
Id ruin his mrs.

god i wish i was invisible..
Closed Thread