United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-08-2010, 09:58 PM
andyroo

Default Re: Other clubs you respect

Original post is a can with many worms therein.

Re Red Star, I've a lot of respect for them because they were very good to United after Munich.

Unread 31-08-2010, 10:03 PM
ReligiousRed

The Rossmore Tavern, I have nothing but respect for Ady putting the nets up every week, Denzil picking the best of the piss heads that turn up, the way Ant Winders manages to bang in hat tricks week in week out despite having to have the normal lads go fish him out of what ever crack shack he spent the night in every sunday morning, the way Denzil pays the pitch and ref because no one has subs yet still shows off his magical team who then spend the whole day on the piss up the pub, fat Pam and Irish Pete who turn up to watch every week despite being abused for ....being fat and irish and finally Vinos grandad, showing no matter how old you get calling the ref a @#%&! is always ok and telling tattoo'd leroy that he is a useless @#%&! without footballing bone in his body who he isnt scared of

Rossmore Tavern

Unread 31-08-2010, 10:03 PM
andyroo

Sounds like FC...

Unread 31-08-2010, 10:04 PM
ReligiousRed

Thumbs up Re: Other clubs you respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Sounds like FC...

Unread 31-08-2010, 10:47 PM
HarkNowHear

FCUM and Watford

Unread 31-08-2010, 10:53 PM
Sparky***

Unread 31-08-2010, 10:58 PM
les vagas

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarkNowHear
FCUM and Watford
because of elton?

Unread 31-08-2010, 11:02 PM
HarkNowHear

Quote:
Originally Posted by les vagas
because of elton?
My Dad.

Toppest red the oldman was

motwyw think

Unread 31-08-2010, 11:03 PM
J_RED

Hertha Berln, my bird is German ( Berliner) I love the ground , the history of it and the fact that it only costs about a fiver to get in but most of all I love the cups that you get your beer in the handles all stack so you can carry about ten at once for these reasons they hold a place in my heart

Unread 31-08-2010, 11:39 PM
Menace

Torino FC.

Suffered an even worse air-crash than us in 1949. Lost the entire team, including their great captain, Valentino Mazzola.

They won four league titles on the trot and had gone four seasons undefeated at home before the Superga Disaster.

Known as 'Il Grande Torino', this team that dominated the 1940s, are still regarded as the best Italian club side of all time. They played a 4-2-4 formation ten years before Pele and Brazil made it famous at the '58 World Cup. They also were the original inspiration for Rinus Michel's 'Total Football' philosophy.

On 11th May 1947 Italy played a friendly against Hungary, which the Italians won 3-2. The Italian starting XI consisted of a Juventus goalkeeper and ten outfield Torino players.

Leaves a lump in your throat when you read about the tragedy.

Unread 31-08-2010, 11:51 PM
Whip Hubley

getting serious deja vu here tbh

this thread has been done roughly 27 times

can't fault the lad's perseverance though

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:02 AM
ZX600

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
getting serious deja vu here tbh

this thread has been done roughly 27 times

can't fault the lad's perseverance though
I'd love to have a debate regarding Israeli football here, just never happens though.

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:08 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX600
I'd love to have a debate regarding Israeli football here, just never happens though.
because nobody gives a shit

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:10 AM
MrBishi

These guys - toppest of top reds

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:12 AM
ZX600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
Torino FC.

Suffered an even worse air-crash than us in 1949. Lost the entire team, including their great captain, Valentino Mazzola.

They won four league titles on the trot and had gone four seasons undefeated at home before the Superga Disaster.

Known as 'Il Grande Torino', this team that dominated the 1940s, are still regarded as the best Italian club side of all time. They played a 4-2-4 formation ten years before Pele and Brazil made it famous at the '58 World Cup. They also were the original inspiration for Rinus Michel's 'Total Football' philosophy.

On 11th May 1947 Italy played a friendly against Hungary, which the Italians won 3-2. The Italian starting XI consisted of a Juventus goalkeeper and ten outfield Torino players.

Leaves a lump in your throat when you read about the tragedy.
Some good friends of mine follow Torino, hook up with them every time I go over there. I've been invited a few times to go with them to games, yet sadly never had enough free time to actually do it, great set of supporters. One runs a bar on the River in turin, Giancarlos, check it out if you're over there. They run Inner city Turin, Juve have no support on show there.
Another thing to check out is their old ground, you can still get inside, it's seriously a weird experience being in there.

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:14 AM
ZX600

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
These guys - toppest of top reds

I've no issue in the slightest with them, try harder. Enough respect to Abbas.

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:15 AM
ZX600

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
because nobody gives a shit
You'd love it over there at football, trust me on that.

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:20 AM
Stickman

City

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:24 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Knock yourself out.

http://www.xtratime.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=392

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:33 AM
irk

Quote:
You'd love it over there at football, trust me on that.
Gosh you're so knowledgeable and well travelled. Please enlighten us all some more.
Closed Thread