United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-07-2009, 07:46 PM
Luffy

Default Good to finally have a centre forward at the club eh?

When Owen came off today the contrast with Rooney and Berbatov was very clear.

Owen was getting on the end of various kinds of crosses, attacking the balls into the box, sniffing out loose balls and taking chances which fall his way.

Rooney and Dimi don't do this, they rely on bad defending or superb passes or a lucky bounce of the ball to pick them out in the box. They can't even beat defenders to your typical pass along the face of goal. Owen and Macheda have both shown the ability to make those runs and beat defenders to those balls, Owen hitting the post with one effort.

Rooney and Berbatov still had their chances and took them with the same lack of killer instinct which plagued us in recent seasons. Finally with Owen we can feel like he knows how to put the ball in the net. and I think Macheda shows similar instincts.

As footballers I think rooney and berbatov are both magnificent, but as strikers they're not so good at getting on the end of goal scoring chances OR taking the chances which go their way. Is it just me or does Rooney's best moments in recent years come from when he cuts in from the left wing?

Either way I hope they can learn from Owen in that regard, still one of the best goal getters the premier league has seen. If he can stay fit, definite upgrade from tevez. better touch, good link up play, lets hope he gets his dribbling and pace back.

Unread 20-07-2009, 07:51 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
lets hope he gets his dribbling and pace back.
That's not how time works.

Unread 20-07-2009, 07:51 PM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Originally Posted by luffy
when owen came off today the contrast with rooney and berbatov was very clear.

Owen was getting on the end of various kinds of crosses, attacking the balls into the box, sniffing out loose balls and taking chances which fall his way.

Rooney and dimi don't do this, they rely on bad defending or superb passes or a lucky bounce of the ball to pick them out in the box. They can't even beat defenders to your typical pass along the face of goal. Owen and macheda have both shown the ability to make those runs and beat defenders to those balls, owen hitting the post with one effort.

Rooney and berbatov still had their chances and took them with the same lack of killer instinct which plagued us in recent seasons. Finally with owen we can feel like he knows how to put the ball in the net. And i think macheda shows similar instincts.

As footballers i think rooney and berbatov are both magnificent, but as strikers they're not so good at getting on the end of goal scoring chances or taking the chances which go their way. Is it just me or does rooney's best moments in recent years come from when he cuts in from the left wing?

Either way i hope they can learn from owen in that regard, still one of the best goal getters the premier league has seen. If he can stay fit, definite upgrade from tevez. Better touch, good link up play, lets hope he gets his dribbling and pace back.
wum.

Unread 20-07-2009, 07:53 PM
£#%&! KFC

Thumbs down

Quote:

Rooney and Dimi don't do this, they rely on bad defending or superb passes or a lucky bounce of the ball to pick them out in the box. They can't even beat defenders to your typical pass along the face of goal. Owen and Macheda have both shown the ability to make those runs and beat defenders to those balls, Owen hitting the post with one effort.

Rooney and Berbatov still had their chances and took them with the same lack of killer instinct which plagued us in recent seasons. Finally with Owen we can feel like he knows how to put the ball in the net. and I think Macheda shows similar instincts.

As footballers I think rooney and berbatov are both magnificent, but as strikers they're not so good at getting on the end of goal scoring chances OR taking the chances which go their way. Is it just me or does Rooney's best moments in recent years come from when he cuts in from the left wing?

Either way I hope they can learn from Owen in that regard, still one of the best goal getters the premier league has seen. If he can stay fit, definite upgrade from tevez. better touch, good link up play, lets hope he gets his dribbling and pace back.

Rooney and Berbs are both miles better than Owen in every department apart from tap-ins

Unread 20-07-2009, 07:54 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Rooney and Owen are both miles better than Owen in every department apart from tap-ins
errr....

Unread 20-07-2009, 07:56 PM
wonky no

Quote:

his burst of pace was used up 11 years ago v argentina or was that 96? cant remember now.

i would expect owen to be fresher considering he only plays 45 mins a season

Unread 20-07-2009, 07:56 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Rooney and Owen are both miles better than Owen in every department apart from tap-ins
Rant fail

Unread 20-07-2009, 07:59 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza
errr....

Unread 20-07-2009, 08:00 PM
borsuk

Quote:
dribbling
isn't it

Unread 20-07-2009, 08:02 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Rooney and Berbs are both miles better than Owen in every department apart from tap-ins
Tbh I don't think that's what Luffy was saying.

Unread 20-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Stickman

Got to be honest, I was totally against this signing (erm who the £#%&! wasnt you #@&%! )

But even against shit, what ive seen so far is looking encouraging. If he stays fit (if if if if if) hes going to fill a hole we've needed filling since the 1st 4months of of 06-07.

Unread 20-07-2009, 08:08 PM
Albert Tatlock

Why are you all so against the little scouser shitbag ?

Seriously, he came on a free and gets paid very little unless he delivers the goals, it a pay per goal contract isn't it ?

It's a no lose deal and personally I hope we pay him a £#%&!ing fortune next season

Unread 20-07-2009, 08:20 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza
Why are you all so against the little scouser shitbag ?

Seriously, he came on a free and gets paid very little unless he delivers the goals, it a pay per goal contract isn't it ?

It's a no lose deal and personally I hope we pay him a £#%&!ing fortune next season
Nobody is happy that he was signed but call me a crazy mother fudger but i like to see United win so i hope he scores a £#%&!ing shit load for us. He's here now, nowt we can do about it so we might aswel get behind him.

Unread 20-07-2009, 08:21 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:

christ on a superbike

do you never stop, @#%&!?

Unread 20-07-2009, 08:27 PM
Smeggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
Nobody is happy that he was signed but call me a crazy mother fudger but i like to see United win so i hope he scores a £#%&!ing shit load for us. He's here now, nowt we can do about it so we might aswel get behind him.
nail on head.

Unread 20-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Hello Mr C

Quiggles couldn't have put it better himself - that's exactly it.

Unread 20-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Mark Corrigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Hello Mr C

Quiggles couldn't have put it better himself - that's exactly it.
Hello Mr Q

Hows the fat busting going

Unread 20-07-2009, 08:48 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Hello Mr Q

Hows the fat busting going
He didn't want the fat around his waist but now it's there he'll be giving it his full support.

Unread 20-07-2009, 08:49 PM
Mark Corrigan

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
He didn't want the fat around his waist but now it's there he'll be giving it his full support.
:shakehead:

Unread 20-07-2009, 08:51 PM
wiganste

Quote:
:shakehead:
Hmmm

Mark Corringan - used to be my favourite postman
Closed Thread