United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:22 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
I think we £#%&! up by selling a player elsewhere without letting them prove what they can do.

Rossi & Forlan are good cases in point.

If we'd of loaned them to Villareal for the first season, instead of selling them, they'd have gone for much higher fees I imagine. Forlan is being talked about as an alternative to Villa at Madrid & has scored bagfulls over there. If he was given a chance whilst still a United player I'm sure we'd have got double at least the £7m or so he went for. Same for Rossi.

Blake I think has gone the long route, Plymouth etc, & fair £#%&!s to the lad after his injury problems here. Hope he does well next season, he's battled his way back.
Given a chance?

£#%&!ing hell, he had plenty of them.

Who cares anyway? They left about four years ago. I just can't see where everyone is going with this. It's £#%&!ing stupid.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:25 AM
Ether

Quote:
I think we £#%&! up by selling a player elsewhere without letting them prove what they can do.

Rossi & Forlan are good cases in point.

If we'd of loaned them to Villareal for the first season, instead of selling them, they'd have gone for much higher fees I imagine. Forlan is being talked about as an alternative to Villa at Madrid & has scored bagfulls over there. If he was given a chance whilst still a United player I'm sure we'd have got double at least the £7m or so he went for. Same for Rossi.

Blake I think has gone the long route, Plymouth etc, & fair £#%&!s to the lad after his injury problems here. Hope he does well next season, he's battled his way back.
Selling Forlan was a £#%&! up!? Come off it. Everyone was desperate to get rid of him.

And we didn't get £7m for Forlan, it was less than 2 mil

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:29 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Given a chance?

£#%&!ing hell, he had plenty of them.

Who cares anyway? They left about four years ago. I just can't see where everyone is going with this. It's £#%&!ing stupid.
Are you hard of reading?

If Forlan was loaned out for the first season of his move, rather than binned for less than £2m as mentioned, do you not think we'd of got a £#%&!load more for him? He scored 25 league goals ffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Selling Forlan was a £#%&! up!? Come off it. Everyone was desperate to get rid of him.

And we didn't get £7m for Forlan, it was less than 2 mil
We made a £5m loss. & he's worth 5x what we paid for him (in Spain) & as I mentioned above, if he was loaned for that year, & he scored 25 league goals, how much would we have got?

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:34 AM
Ether

Quote:
Are you hard of reading?

If Forlan was loaned out for the first season of his move, rather than binned for less than £2m as mentioned, do you not think we'd of got a £#%&!load more for him? He scored 25 league goals ffs.

We made a £5m loss. & he's worth 5x what we paid for him (in Spain) & as I mentioned above, if he was loaned for that year, & he scored 25 league goals, how much would we have got?
You can say that about any player that the club sells and does well though. Who honestly thought he was going to score 25 goals anyway?

And who knows it would have turned out the same way? Maybe Villareal don't want him on loan. Maybe they do take him, but hardly play him. Maybe he struggles and ends up being worth even less when he comes back to us.

There was nothing wrong with the deal at the time imo.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:35 AM
koppas

Quote:
Are you hard of reading?

What are we? In the used car business? They weren't good enough and got sold. End of. They have prospered in a league where Savo Milosevic and Freddi Kanoute prospered ffs.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:38 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
What are we? In the used car business? They weren't good enough and got sold. End of. They have prospered in a league where Savo Milosevic and Freddi Kanoute prospered ffs.
Good player

Scored goals consistently at Sevilla and has moments of brilliance.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:41 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Good player

Scored goals consistently at Sevilla and has moments of brilliance.
That's my point.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:44 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
not really.

he'd hardly have got a kick for United over the past 3 seasons.
Maybe not but if he was providing competition for places it would have been a boon to the squad, as it was he was hurried out in a cost cutting exercise when the new owners took over and like a few players who were never going to be united regulars but were still very good players he was sold off for well under his value.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:45 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
You can say that about any player that the club sells and does well though. Who honestly thought he was going to score 25 goals anyway?

And who knows it would have turned out the same way? Maybe Villareal don't want him on loan. Maybe they do take him, but hardly play him. Maybe he struggles and ends up being worth even less when he comes back to us.

There was nothing wrong with the deal at the time imo.
There was nothing wrong in losing £5m on a young goal scorer who had struggled here? If we wanted to sign him so desperately, as we did (intercepting him on route to 'Boro ffs) you'd of thought he might have been given a chance elsewhere before being sold for some magic beans.

Same with Rossi.

Quote:
Milosevic moved for €18m in his time in Spain & Kanoute was linked with all & sundry for nearer £15m in the last two years after getting close to the European Golden Boot.

The idea that getting shot of a player regardless of the fee, isn't the best shout. Why would you praise United for selling Rossi & Forlan for a combined £10m when they're now worth in the region of 4 times that amount ? All I'm saying is a bit of foresight from the management, coaches, board about players we had high hopes for might have yeilded better long term results for us to spend ourselves.

It's as if United are above criticism when we talk about transfers here.

Unread 16-06-2009, 11:46 AM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Maybe not but if he was providing competition for places it would have been a boon to the squad, as it was he was hurried out in a cost cutting exercise when the new owners took over and like a few players who were never going to be united regulars but were still very good players he was sold off for well under his value.
He's not a very good player, have you actually watched him. He's a right tubby @#%&!.

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:04 PM
n48

I think it's fair to say Rossi is a better player than Koppas.

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:05 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
I think it's fair to say Rossi is a better player than Koppas.
Yeah but I'm a better dancer.

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:21 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
That's my point.
Sevilla have been punching above there weight for the last couple of seasons, all because of Kanoute and Fabiano scoring goals and lots of them.

He's a good player, at the right club and i always thought Spurs were silly to let him go. 61 goals in 129 games, cracking record.

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:29 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
He's not a very good player, have you actually watched him. He's a right tubby @#%&!.
Yep, saw him and Rossi a few times in the reserves before I boycotted, they were a cut above everybody else at that level.

Unread 16-06-2009, 12:31 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Yep, saw him and Rossi a few times in the reserves before I boycotted, they were a cut above everybody else at that level.
Maybe at that level he was, but at wolves he's an average player.
Closed Thread