United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-05-2007, 06:52 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default Was Michael Carrick playing today?

And while you're at it could you remind me of the half dozen good games he's had?

Roma was one. So you can't have that one.

Unread 19-05-2007, 06:54 PM
chorleyred

I thought he was one of the best players on the pitch, and went mad when he was taken off.

just shows how differently people look at players

Unread 19-05-2007, 06:56 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Perhaps you're right, apart a very good interception and being a wall to bounce the ball off I thought he went missing. I hope he grows mentally because when he's good he's very good but when he's bad, well, he's absent.

Unread 19-05-2007, 06:58 PM
Kim Jong-il

Obviously not a football man talking above Carrick was one of our better players today and has been outstanding all season.

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:02 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Not today he wasn't. He never makes mistakes but you need more than that. I reckon he'll come good but it's all a mental state for the man.

Please don't roll your eyes at me either I was just making conversation.

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:02 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Perhaps you're right, apart a very good interception and being a wall to bounce the ball off I thought he went missing. I hope he grows mentally because when he's good he's very good but when he's bad, well, he's absent.
in your opinion. in mine he's been fantastic all season.

he does everything fergie bought him for, and does it very well.

he doesn't do everything ronaldo rooney and rio do as well, because that isn't his game

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:04 PM
Kim Jong-il

Quote:
Not today he wasn't. He never makes mistakes but you need more than that.
Evidently you are a moron, my condolences.

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:07 PM
Lok

I rate Carrick and think he's had a fantastic first season. Having said that, he did nothing today. He sat back and played short passes to Scholes. Would have liked to have seen him be a bit more creative like he has in other games.

Whilst he didn't make any mistakes, he offered little today. Just an off day I'm sure.

I thought Scholes was great.

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:09 PM
HollowmanVIII

If Carrick was poor, what was Giggs? At least Carrick still has energy and can complete a pass.

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:10 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by scousebasher
I rate Carrick and think he's had a fantastic first season. Having said that, he did nothing today. He sat back and played short passes to Scholes. Would have liked to have seen him be a bit more creative like he has in other games.

Whilst he didn't make any mistakes, he offered little today. Just an off day I'm sure.

I thought Scholes was great.
Yup. That's what I'm saying except with a bit more knee jerk to it. He's had good games but at times like today and Milan you're expecting, not hoping but expecting the midfield to grab the game by the neck. But that's what years of Ince and Keane has done to us.

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:13 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Yup. That's what I'm saying except with a bit more knee jerk to it. He's had good games but at times like today and Milan you're expecting, not hoping but expecting the midfield to grab the game by the neck. But that's what years of Ince and Keane has done to us.
We have no one who is capable of doing that in the midfield.

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Red Caz

He's had a couple of poorer games but mostly he's been competent at worst and has looked like a bargain most of the time.

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantona's collar
I know. To me that's the problem. I'm hoping Hargreaves can do that but some people who know his game better than I say he doesn't really do that.

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:19 PM
HollowmanVIII

Quote:
Fletcher

In his 5th season at the club now? What has he actually done?

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedy23
Fletcher

Even Fletcher at his worst "Headless Chicken" routine is better than the Giggs, hands on hips can't be arsed %@#$&!s.

Giggs was shocking today, absolutely shocking, and I don't just mean the miss, his overall contribution was awful, and as for him being captain..... No wonder we lost

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:25 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
I know. To me that's the problem. I'm hoping Hargreaves can do that but some people who know his game better than I say he doesn't really do that.
I can't imagine Hargreaves doing it either, he runs about a lot and sticks a tackle in but nothing in the snarling style of Keane or Ince, i think for a player to have that sort of influence then there needs to be an element of danger surrounding them, a mixture of fear and respect.

Quote:
Fletcher

Huffed and puffed and failed to blow the house down.

He's not a bad player but no way should we be relying on him to boss a game against a strong side like Chelsea.

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:29 PM
HollowmanVIII

Can we all just draw a conclusion on Darren Fletcher. He simply is NOT GOOD ENOUGH to be in a United starting lineup. A good performance against Milan and Roma doesn't make you a world beater.

As for Giggs, It's only downhill from here really. We need another winger. I hate to say it but we need to look at replacing Neville at right back. He's missed about 3/4 months every season since 02/03.

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:34 PM
Cantona's collar

Quote:
Can we all just draw a conclusion on Darren Fletcher. He simply is NOT GOOD ENOUGH to be in a United starting lineup. A good performance against Milan and Roma doesn't make you a world beater.

As for Giggs, It's only downhill from here really. We need another winger. I hate to say it but we need to look at replacing Neville at right back. He's missed about 3/4 months every season since 02/03.
Giggs can't play a full season thats for sure, unfortunatley Park has been injured and Richardson is crap so he's had to.

We need another winger, right back, central midfielder and striker so lets hope the "£50 million war chest" gets found this summer (maybe Jack Sparrow can find it for us)

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:38 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

We won't get another winger, right back, central midfielder and striker. So it's about prioritising. O'Shea and Brown can do a job in the absence of GNev, Park will be available but Giggs will be another year older so it could be about picking 2 from 3.

Unread 19-05-2007, 07:41 PM
HollowmanVIII

Quote:
Giggs can't play a full season thats for sure, unfortunatley Park has been injured and Richardson is crap so he's had to.

We need another winger, right back, central midfielder and striker so lets hope the "£50 million war chest" gets found this summer (maybe Jack Sparrow can find it for us)
We are back on top, we just need to build on the squad, hopefully to see us through in Europe and to have another great league campaign.

I hope we do get three key players, that's all we really need. We don't need a direct replacement for Neville, just someone who can stand in for him and eventually replace him. A left winger is a must, Ronaldo is much more effective wide right imo. I've mentioned Schwiensteiger a lot, i really rate that guy, only about 22 aswell. A striker is an obvious must. We all know Hargreaves will be that center midfield player we get. I just can't picture a system with him and carrick playing together?
Closed Thread