United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-05-2007, 11:40 AM
El Calafate

Default Ryan Giggs is a shit captain

sorry, but it's true. he's better than Scholes though. nft.

Unread 18-05-2007, 11:42 AM
utd82

So is Gary Neville

We really need a new leader in the middle of the pitch.

Unread 18-05-2007, 11:42 AM
Whalefish

Neither of them really want the armband.

Nft.

Unread 18-05-2007, 11:45 AM
El Calafate

not having a go at Giggs, but is that the best we can come up with. Rio should be captain, imo. he's the only one that actually says owt. nft.

Unread 18-05-2007, 11:48 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd82
So is Gary Neville

We really need a new leader in the middle of the pitch.
I think gary Nev is ideal. He's always been a leader on the pitch. You don't have to go around @#%&!ting people.

Unread 18-05-2007, 11:49 AM
antonin jablonsky

It doesn't matter.

Unread 18-05-2007, 11:50 AM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
It doesn't matter.
it does. nft.

Unread 18-05-2007, 11:55 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
it does. nft.
No it doesn't. We won the £#%&!ing league without a tub thumping Keane style captain. What is important is having good players who talk to eachother aropund the pitch and we do. Who has the armband is irrelevant. Rio will be organising from the back and Scholes in the middle.

Unread 18-05-2007, 11:58 AM
Barca '91

Rooney for skipper

Unread 18-05-2007, 12:01 PM
antonin jablonsky

Is there any subject on which some Tisher can't be a gloomy @#%&! about United on? £#%&!'s sake you slapped arse £#%&!ers.

Unread 18-05-2007, 12:01 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
No it doesn't. We won the £#%&!ing league without a tub thumping Keane style captain. What is important is having good players who talk to eachother aropund the pitch and we do. Who has the armband is irrelevant. Rio will be organising from the back and Scholes in the middle.
We need someone stronger for Europe nft.

I propose making Mr. Cool Ice capt. He doesn't have to play he just has to be.

Unread 18-05-2007, 12:02 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Is there any subject on which some Tisher can't be a gloomy @#%&! about United on? £#%&!'s sake you slapped arse £#%&!ers.
we need a happy zone - that is delirium rich and doom low.

Unread 18-05-2007, 12:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
we need a happy zone - that is delirium rich and doom low.
I'm on it homie.

Unread 20-05-2007, 10:28 AM
El Calafate

bttt. nft.

Unread 20-05-2007, 10:33 AM
shuffle_like_sharpey

rooney for captain.

Unread 20-05-2007, 10:36 AM
El Calafate

Rio should be captain, end of story. Giggs goes off and gives the armband to Scholes . both have been piss poor recently. nft.

Unread 20-05-2007, 10:38 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

There are games where a good captain can make a difference, sometimes you need someone that can really get people fired up when the team fall flat or occassionaly dish out a %@#$&!ing when it's really needed but the chelsea final wasnt one of those games, the lads did pretty well and it was only a very late extra time goal that settled it, you really dont get much closer than that.

btw giggs looked none to happy about being subbed, i've heard things about his relationship with ferguson being a bit shaky lately with a couple of minor bust-ups occuring, not sure how much truth is in it but he had a face like thunder when he came off.

Unread 20-05-2007, 05:17 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
There are games where a good captain can make a difference, sometimes you need someone that can really get people fired up when the team fall flat or occassionaly dish out a %@#$&!ing when it's really needed but the chelsea final wasnt one of those games, the lads did pretty well and it was only a very late extra time goal that settled it, you really dont get much closer than that.
spot on .....upto the bit were you mentioned yesterday.

a good captain would have kept the foot on the pedal when we were on top in the game and chelsea started to wobble a bit......geeing up tired players for one final push.....keeping them on their toes.

it didnt happen yesterday...even Fergie just sat there..... and the game drifted away from us.

we havent got that sort of character in the team atm, Rio comes closest i suppose....but if i was an opponent and Neville did his "Keano staring into the distance" bit in the tunnel...id piss myself laughing......no authority for me im afraid.

Unread 20-05-2007, 05:19 PM
punk_football

Think Rooney is the nearest thing like Roy Keane

Unread 20-05-2007, 05:21 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by punk_football
Think Rooney is the nearest thing like Roy Keane
only when it comes to arguing with the referee......he goes quiet too often and is just the sort of player that need digging in the ribs to gee him up when things are flat
Closed Thread