United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-08-2014, 11:45 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Default Januzaj

Managed to catch up on the US games over the weekend after some time away.

Great to see the team playing decent football and the change in formation.

My only concern is where is Januzaj going to play? He is not a wingback and I think Mata has the number 10 role wrapped up unless he is injured.
LVG to use him as a striker?
I just dont see where he will fit based on the current formation

Unread 04-08-2014, 11:47 AM
dunk

He'll be a No.10 eventually, reckon he will be given a free role as one of the front 2 or even from a WB position in games against weaker opposition.

Unread 04-08-2014, 12:12 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He'll be a No.10 eventually, reckon he will be given a free role as one of the front 2 or even from a WB position in games against weaker opposition.
Looking forward to seeing him fit in with the new regime but just don't know where.
Pretty sure LVG will go with Mata behind Rooney and RVP for most of the season

Unread 04-08-2014, 12:15 PM
Bunker Buster

Could be on the way out to fund Di Maria

Unread 04-08-2014, 12:16 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunker buster
could be on the way out to fund di maria
gtf

Unread 04-08-2014, 12:22 PM
S/Side.Red

LvG has talked about having four no10s and four strikers, which suggests he sees Januzaj primarily as the former.

He can play as a striker also, tbh. Getting him enough game time in either role is another reason Chicha will probably be let go.

Unread 04-08-2014, 12:25 PM
ryanMUFC

Think he'll be used as part of a Vidal exchange, hope you're all happy.

Unread 04-08-2014, 12:57 PM
dunk

Madness when you think we haven't seen Januzaj, RvP, Carrick or Big Fellers yet this pre-season

Unread 04-08-2014, 12:59 PM
Neo

Wouldn't be surprised if Van Gaal starts using 4-3-3 more frequently when he sees how good Januzaj is.

Unread 04-08-2014, 01:02 PM
Grimson

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Wouldn't be surprised if Van Gaal starts using 4-3-3 more frequently when he sees how good Januzaj is.
Saw you had the last post in thread. Clicked, wondering how many formations would be in your post. Expected two, possibly three. VVdisappointed.

Unread 04-08-2014, 01:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Saw you had the last post in thread. Clicked, wondering how many formations would be in your post. Expected two, possibly three. VVdisappointed.

Unread 04-08-2014, 01:54 PM
HotChip

Its a worry about Janners.

I have a feeling he will get rid of Kags, to make room.

Unread 04-08-2014, 02:01 PM
dunk

Kind of expecting him to have a bit of a nothing season tbh. Big first season in the midst of the horrors at OT followed immediately by a WC and wholesale changes at the club.. deffo think he could be a bit part player this year while his development continues..

Unread 04-08-2014, 02:04 PM
rebelcountyred

Going to Napoli to sweeten the Fellaini deal

Unread 04-08-2014, 02:14 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Kind of expecting him to have a bit of a nothing season tbh. Big first season in the midst of the horrors at OT followed immediately by a WC and wholesale changes at the club.. deffo think he could be a bit part player this year while his development continues..
I'm inclined to agree. not a big deal, but he'll be a little more known to defenders this year, he's playing catch up already and I think everyone else will go up another level under LvG.

Unread 04-08-2014, 02:47 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I'm inclined to agree. not a big deal, but he'll be a little more known to defenders this year, he's playing catch up already and I think everyone else will go up another level under LvG.
Yeah, I'm not worried, quite often happens with young players, burst on to the scene then just slow down a little. He's had an incredible year when you think about it.

Unread 04-08-2014, 03:03 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

Tbh, 4-2-3-1 is where I want to see Januzaj, playing as one of the three behind a striker, with the other two being Mata and Kagawa/Welbeck. All three interchanging.

Just realised that we could adapt LvG's 3-5-2 into the Il Grande Torino 3-2-2-3, with Januzaj playing off the flank. Only problem is that there's no room for the big man himself Tinchy Youngster.

De Gea

Jones ----- Smalling ----- Evans

Herrera --- Fletcher

Mata --- Rooney

Januzaj ---- Van Persie ---- Kagawa

Unread 04-08-2014, 03:15 PM
The Watcher

G2C Neo finally adding a bit of historical perspective to his initial post

If Jannerz is all he’s cracked up to be, he should flourish this season. Gone the last couple of years without any real coaching tbh, he could be a revelation.

Unread 04-08-2014, 04:06 PM
ZiggyStardust

He's only 19 so not playing too many games at this stage of his career should hopefully prevent burn out as he gets older
Tbh he played too much last season but Moyes was desperate so he probably had to overplay him

I'm sure at different stages this season we will switch to 343 or 433 so he'll get his fair share of matches

If any reminding was needed here is a vid to show what a prodigious talent he is

Unread 04-08-2014, 05:02 PM
Torquemada

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
He's only 19 so not playing too many games at this stage of his career should hopefully prevent burn out as he gets older
Tbh he played too much last season but Moyes was desperate so he probably had to overplay him

I'm sure at different stages this season we will switch to 343 or 433 so he'll get his fair share of matches

If any reminding was needed here is a vid to show what a prodigious talent he is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZXyU...5vfc2KCcKLG_iA
Some of his play is brutally good tbf - he would scare the $#*! out of anyone he plays against which is why he gets so much "attention" from defenders. When he bulks up he could be a monster, and is still young enough to be coached into any position Big Louis wants him to play.
Closed Thread