Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
yhbr

deserved imo

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:07 PM
red in cumbria

Default Re: IF we lost on Sunday.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
if we lose on sunday we wont win the title, simple as that.
Exactly.

If we do, there is a good chance we will be so demoralised we will drop points at Blackburn as well - especially given (as everybody here is well aware) our away league form this season.

Everton away is never an easy game, but if Chelski can make sure of the title by winning it, they will.

In short - this thread is stupid

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:08 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Thumbs up Re: IF we lost on Sunday.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Exactly.

If we do, there is a good chance we will be so demoralised we will drop points at Blackburn as well - especially given (as everybody here is well aware) our away league form this season.

Everton away is never an easy game, but if Chelski can make sure of the title by winning it, they will.

In short - this thread is stupid
Moment of madness RIC, still think we'll win it though, just made myself look a #@&%! in the process

EDIT: If it does happen I hope all the bad rep turns into good rep

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:12 PM
toseeunited

we absolutely cannot afford for this to go to goal difference. they will smash everyone 7-0 like they do when they need to and we'll be lucky to win the 2 games by the odd goal.

a win or a draw on sunday is only what is good enough.

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:15 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by toseeunited
we absolutely cannot afford for this to go to goal difference. they will smash everyone 7-0 like they do when they need to and we'll be lucky to win the 2 games by the odd goal.

a win or a draw on sunday is only what is good enough.
A long time since they have done that, tbf. They were very flattered by the 3-0 against West Ham.

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:26 PM
MJ Ramone

It's on a £#%&!ing knife edge isn't it? ...win on Sunday & it's all over.
Draw & there's still a bit to do, but we should have more than enough to get the job done.
Lose & it's Chelsea's title

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:49 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
It's on a £#%&!ing knife edge isn't it? ...win on Sunday & it's all over.
Draw & there's still a bit to do, but we should have more than enough to get the job done.
Lose & it's Chelsea's title
Sky, the Press and the PL itself could not have wished it to pan out any better really, could they, even if they had planned and manipulated it thus...

Unread 05-05-2011, 03:55 PM
Sparky***

Once upon a time in May 2010....

"Hey Look..Chelsea still have Stoke at home. Stoke are no pushovers and this may go down to goal difference so fingers crossed stoke can....[SIZE="5"]7-0..never mind"

"Don't worry, Chelsea still have to go to Anfield and get a result...Liverpool will at least try a bit and not completely fold like a bunch of small time cun....[SIZE="5"]GERRARD ASSIST 2-0"

"Ah ok, we still have to cling to the hope that Wigan can go to stamford bridge and get a draw...it's still possible if wigan can.....[SIZE="6"]8-0"

"never mind."

Unread 05-05-2011, 04:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Once upon a time in May 2010....

"Hey Look..Chelsea still have Stoke at home. Stoke are no pushovers and this may go down to goal difference so fingers crossed stoke can....[SIZE="5"]7-0..never mind"

"Don't worry, Chelsea still have to go to Anfield and get a result...Liverpool will at least try a bit and not completely fold like a bunch of small time cun....[SIZE="5"]GERRARD ASSIST 2-0"

"Ah ok, we still have to cling to the hope that Wigan can go to stamford bridge and get a draw...it's still possible if wigan can.....[SIZE="6"]8-0"

"never mind."
Yes, and??

As I said, the days of them racking up those sorts of scores are long gone.

Unlike last year, IT IS IN OUR OWN HANDS. If they win the league, it is our fault. Simples.

Unread 05-05-2011, 04:40 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yes, and??

As I said, the days of them racking up those sorts of scores are long gone.

Unlike last year, IT IS IN OUR OWN HANDS. If they win the league, it is our fault. Simples.
It's in their hands too though. That's why just a point was so important against Arsenal and why we played for it.

But, yes, if we blow it from here we have nobody to blame but ourselves. We needed a point from this game and the Arse game to keep us in pole position and if we can't achieve that then we don't deserve the league. Simple, as you say.

Unread 05-05-2011, 06:20 PM
jem

we'd better £#%&!ing beat chelsea because I don't fancy watching us drop points at blackburn again.

even if chelsea win at ot, they certainly don't £#%&!ing deserve to win the league.

Unread 05-05-2011, 06:21 PM
MUFC One Love

We'll surely get at least a draw on Sunday ffs.

Unread 05-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Grimson

I can forgive the thread but not the title - past tense (lost) when we haven't played yet?

Unread 05-05-2011, 08:01 PM
Allenby Chilton

When was the last time we lost at home? We wont lose this Sunday after resting most of our team in midweek. We'll definitely be up for it and the pressure is all on them because a draw leaves it in our hands

At home, 3 points clear, everyone rested - course we have no chance

Unread 05-05-2011, 08:21 PM
jem

I believe the last time we lost at home was the last time we played chelsea in the league at home

the @#%&!s will be well up for it thanks to their official aided comeback from the dead. I bet they can't believe their luck, the lucky @#%&!s. jt never believed it was over, you know.

Unread 05-05-2011, 08:56 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I believe the last time we lost at home was the last time we played chelsea in the league at home

the @#%&!s will be well up for it thanks to their official aided comeback from the dead. I bet they can't believe their luck, the lucky @#%&!s. jt never believed it was over, you know.
he did in moscow

Unread 05-05-2011, 09:08 PM
Sparky***

Going into the game at stamford bridge against chelsea on March 1st we were 15 points clear of chelsea.

Fifteen.

We've conspired to lose so many key games in the league this season since then against key opponents I don't know what to expect on Sunday.

It's a farce that they've even got a sniff coming into this game and a damning indictment of our own sloppiness.
Closed Thread