United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-11-2006, 11:58 AM
wonky no

Default What are the thigs you hate about football

not specifically United although it can be. What would you actively protest or vent your spleen at if there was an avenue in place to do so?

Unread 27-11-2006, 12:00 PM
red red robbo

Importance of money over football.
SKY (generally everything to do with their involvement, pretty much linked to above)
English clubs selling out to foreign owners

Unread 27-11-2006, 12:01 PM
red @rmy

Bring back standing.

Unread 27-11-2006, 12:03 PM
MakeBelieve

99.9% of players are mercenary £#%&!wits

Unread 27-11-2006, 12:05 PM
forzagarza

The fans

Unread 27-11-2006, 12:06 PM
MakeBelieve

the boots

Unread 27-11-2006, 12:09 PM
wonky no

As a home and away red, how much would you say you spent in an average season? For example if we got to the Quarters in the FA Cup and European Cup plus 3 games in the fizzy pop trophy?

Unread 27-11-2006, 12:12 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by hughes......oh i say!
As a home and away red, how much would you say you spent in an average season? For example if we got to the Quarters in the FA Cup and European Cup plus 3 games in the fizzy pop trophy?
I don't want to know, if I actually sat down and worked it out, I think I'll cry.

Unread 27-11-2006, 12:15 PM
wiganste

Quote:
I spent thousands during the 98-99 season. I attended every game, home and away and in Europe that season (which I'm very proud of)

Unread 27-11-2006, 12:15 PM
MakeBelieve

wearing white socks at home

Unread 27-11-2006, 12:32 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I spent thousands during the 98-99 season. I attended every game, home and away and in Europe that season (which I'm very proud of)
And had to pay for 99/00 season ticket withing a week of the Euro final, no doubt.

Unread 27-11-2006, 12:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

People in the football media

People buying the football media so making it worse

People buying football on the tele

People in general by the looks of it

Unread 27-11-2006, 12:38 PM
puressence

£#%&!ing shit kick off times ..

Unread 27-11-2006, 12:41 PM
Tumescent Throb

Blue and yellow balls. Do £#%&! off.

Unread 27-11-2006, 12:46 PM
Sparky***

the increasing trend of foreign vultures buying into english clubs.

Shiny, new, soulless 'clone arena' stadia.

Popular myths perpetuated by the media: e.g all supporters from the north east are the most passionate, city supporters are 'long suffering'...

The increasing use of american terminology. I have heard the term 'shut-out' used several times on television.

£#%&!, happy-clappy, jester hat wearing, 'easy, easy' chanting, only started going when the local millionaire took over, singing along to pig bag when you've scored, plastic team supporters. Step forward boro, reading, wigan etc etc.

Unread 27-11-2006, 12:50 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
going to home league games averages over £100 a game for me with travel from down here

Unread 27-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Riverside

They should bring back those long shorts, and proper football boots. That would sort the game out.

Unread 27-11-2006, 01:11 PM
wonky no

Ok. What would you say was a decent price for a home game ticket (average).

How do you think the away tickets should be priced, bearing in mind the Catagory system that is in place at the moment.

Do you agree that wage caps on players and managers is a good thing and what would you cap it at, realistically?

Do you agree that there should be a transfer fee cap, if so what should it be? Bearing in mind that it should be low enough for all the teams in the division to compete.

What percentage or sections of the ground do you think should be standing?

Unread 27-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Child of Darkness

footballers have shit first names

they should be called alf , derek, les, richard, bobby etc

Unread 27-11-2006, 01:18 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Ok. What would you say was a decent price for a home game ticket (average).

How do you think the away tickets should be priced, bearing in mind the Catagory system that is in place at the moment.

Do you agree that wage caps on players and managers is a good thing and what would you cap it at, realistically?

Do you agree that there should be a transfer fee cap, if so what should it be? Bearing in mind that it should be low enough for all the teams in the division to compete.

What percentage or sections of the ground do you think should be standing?
Stoodant, are you doing a thesis on the subject, you tax dodger.
Closed Thread