United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:09 PM
Wez

Default Re: Worried about the debt at United ? What are YOU going to do about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
That's what people said originally, should we just not even try then? Some of those who said that last time have now been priced out and they can't afford to take their kids to the game so we're potentially losing a generation of United fans.

If you want to say there's no point fine, but don't get all high and mighty about the Glazers, you lose your right to complain about them because it's people just like you who allowed the Glazers in in the first place and it's people just like you who are keeping them there.
Who the £#%&! are you.

Thats right I did £#%&! all in 2005, ask a few on here. You know £#%&! all about what I did and continue to do. I coudl not give up going, call me weak for that, but telling its my fault and the likes of me that caused this incorrect.

Wind your £#%&!ing neck in, Im just pointing out a fact.

Daft @#%&!

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:10 PM
Wez

Default Re: Worried about the debt at United ? What are YOU going to do about it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
If you look at the previous years it's slightly down & the figures only reflect PL attendendences.

At the start of the last two or three seasons ST's have effectively been on open sale, there always used to be a waiting list but not any more & the situation will get worse.

IMO if United hadn't won the PL for each of the last 3 seasons then the drop off in support would have been much more evident & if the don't win it again this season then I believe the attendence will drop by may be 5000 a game next season (obviously they willl still sell the big games).
Agreed.

To a point our success in previous years has been a reason the attendances have stayed at the level they have.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:16 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
If you look at the previous years it's slightly down & the figures only reflect PL attendendences.

At the start of the last two or three seasons ST's have effectively been on open sale, there always used to be a waiting list but not any more & the situation will get worse.

IMO if United hadn't won the PL for each of the last 3 seasons then the drop off in support would have been much more evident & if the don't win it again this season then I believe the attendence will drop by may be 5000 a game next season (obviously they willl still sell the big games).
hard to say how much that's the result of price rises though, rather than boycotts.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:18 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
"I've decided i'm going to stop lining the glazer's pockets and finally end my sky tv subscription."

TSV, May 2015
I don't subscribe to Sky. If you think that Murdoch is worse than Glazer (for United) then you're a fool. Everyone knows you blame Murdoch for everything, you're a buffoon.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
Who the £#%&! are you.

Thats right I did £#%&! all in 2005, ask a few on here. You no £#%&! all about what I did and continue to do. I coudl not give up going, call me weak for that, but telling its my fault and the likes of me that caused this incorrect.

Wind your £#%&!ing neck in, Im just pointing out a fact.

Daft @#%&!
So you're suggesting that if United fans had boycotted when the Glazers first arrived that we'd still have them are you?

In a perfect world with the Glazers looking to refinance we'd get a stand to empty at half time and leave a banner that says "We won't be back until the Glazer's are gone" they'd probably put the club up for sale the next day. Our protests in comparison to the scouse protests have been embarrassing. Don't preach to me about what you may or may not have done 4 years ago the fact is that you continued to line United's pockets. Even though you may be uncomfortable with the fact it's the general fan who holds the power, they are just to lazy/scared/selfish to use it.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I don't subscribe to Sky. If you think that Murdoch is worse than Glazer (for United) then you're a fool. Everyone knows you blame Murdoch for everything, you're a buffoon.
er, nobody i know would even suggest that I do

of course, there are one or two gobshite @#%&!s on the internet - you in particular - who have typed it a couple of times

but that isn't the same thing really is it you plum

Murdoch is actually far better than Glazer. in fact Glazer may even be a novice at exploiting the corrupt capitalist power system compared to Murdoch. but hey, let's not go there eh. nowt to do with capitalist industry spivvery this United situation, oh no siirreee. nothing at all.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:24 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
I go back to my original point, people will still buy the tickets; the attendance as per the link below states the average gate is just below 75,000

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/stats/a...type=4&cc=5739

I'm still a season ticket holder and the price increase, as per the press today, would probaly price me out.
But as I mentioned there will be someone there to take up my seat
That doesn't answer what I said though, does it. If enough people were made aware - fully, acutely aware - of where the current situation is likely to lead and ultimately affect them, then a boycott could be organised. And I mean a pro-active boycott with hundreds, or ideally thousands, outside the ground, leafleting, picketing, etc.

Like I said, the 'it'll never work' attitude is exactly what the Glazers want.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:25 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Our protests in comparison to the scouse protests have been embarrassing.
utter %@#$&!s

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:25 PM
Ethers

Sniffer doing his keyboard warrior thing again? Yawn.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:28 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
utter %@#$&!s
Erm I think you'll find that earlier this week Hicks's son resigned from the board. They have had banners in the ground slating the owner's, we haven't. The scouse can co-ordinate support when they need to. Look at the support for Rafa, Shields and now their hatred of H+G. We can't even get a chant going about the Glazers.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:30 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
er, nobody i know would even suggest that I do

of course, there are one or two gobshite @#%&!s on the internet - you in particular - who have typed it a couple of times

but that isn't the same thing really is it you plum

Murdoch is actually far better than Glazer. in fact Glazer may even be a novice at exploiting the corrupt capitalist power system compared to Murdoch. but hey, let's not go there eh. nowt to do with capitalist industry spivvery this United situation, oh no siirreee. nothing at all.
You're the one who brings up Sky and Murdoch in every debate, not me. Go back and read what you typed. No one had even mentioned his name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Sniffer doing his keyboard warrior thing again? Yawn.
Yawny yawn yawn yawn. Another superb post from the magnificent John Blaizini. Keep up the good work John. Do you have a twitter account? You're the best on here by a country mile.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
That doesn't answer what I said though, does it. If enough people were made aware - fully, acutely aware - of where the current situation is likely to lead and ultimately affect them, then a boycott could be organised. And I mean a pro-active boycott with hundreds, or ideally thousands, outside the ground, leafleting, picketing, etc.

Like I said, the 'it'll never work' attitude is exactly what the Glazers want.
I agree with you re the leafleting, picketing. Making more people aware cant do any harm and if a % get on side it would work and momentum would hopefully gather

The link just pointed that attendances have still been at a high level, apologies for not answering your inital post.

LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
hard to say how much that's the result of price rises though, rather than boycotts.
Yes, impossible to say for certain.

I'd guess that the boycotts took place in the first couple of years under the Glazers & in the last couple of years it's been more to do with the price.

However, with the press over the last 10 days I would think that a lot m ore will boycott next season irrespective of the price rise.

Ethers

Quote:
Erm I think you'll find that earlier this week Hicks's son resigned from the board. They have had banners in the ground slating the owner's, we haven't. The scouse can co-ordinate support when they need to. Look at the support for Rafa, Shields and now their hatred of H+G. We can't even get a chant going about the Glazers.
Take it you didn't watch the game yesterday then you £#%&!ing #@&%!.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:35 PM
Wez

Quote:
Really :shakehead:

So youre not aware of what happened inside the ground 10 minutes before the end of the game yesterday

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:42 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:46 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
No, I didn't see the game yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
Really :shakehead:

So youre not aware of what happened inside the ground 10 minutes before the end of the game yesterday
No, I didn't see it. About £#%&!ing time though, they've had years to do something. I stand by what I said about Liverpool being able to mount a proper protest, it's what they live for, they're not happy unless someone is screaming justice, we've always been more reserved when it comes to shit like that. There are times when it's needed but I'm aware that Liverpool go overboard on it 99 times out of 100.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:46 PM
borsuk

Quote:
the scouse are protesting because their team is doing shit. united supporters protested when we were at the crest of a wave. the scouse merrily bent over and took it up the arse because they thought they might be able to buy success. we protested murdoch (though he might well have invested) and we protested the glazers on principle, not because of a few shitty results. and we protested in ways no other club has managed before or since: boycotts, direct action (remember the paint, the targetting of the @#%&!s wherever they went), setting up an alternative team, imusa, must, the phoenix fund etc.

suggesting the scouse even come close is, frankly, £#%&!ing insulting to every genuine united fan, and shows no appreciation whatsoever of what was done.

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:49 PM
red in cumbria

The phrase "having a Holocaust" doesn't begin to describe what Sniffer has achieved here

Unread 17-01-2010, 06:51 PM
King Schlong

At the end of the day lads, it is going to take 3 or 4 seasons of winning £#%&!all before the attendances fall, and thats what needs to happen before they £#%&! off.

Everything else has been tried and tested already, yet they are still filling out 74000 seats once, sometimes twice a week.

Its the #@&%!s who have latched onto us through our success who need to be targetted, and only a bad run of failure will make them £#%&! it off.

Its sad as £#%&!, but thats the way it is these days.