United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-09-2010, 12:00 AM
moransbleedinghead

Default Re: Motd 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Norm
I'm not English #@&%!, RTE is a station in southern Ireland which wouldn't have a N Irish prod anywhere near a decent show on it. Your knowledge of Irish history and modern cultural complexity is minimal to say the least.

In response to your initial observation though, I once met Colin Murray and he is a complete @#%&!.
pretty sure that George Hamilton, who was, maybe still is, their main football commentator is a Northern Irish protestant. anyway it matters £#%&!-all to anyone with even half a brain.

Unread 20-09-2010, 12:11 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling
My knowledge of Norn Iron politics is actually pretty good thanks, I have just one problem.......

I couldn't give a £#%&!!!!!

Unread 20-09-2010, 12:17 AM
wonky no

Thumbs up Re: Motd 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Lawro looked like he was going to burst out of that shirt. Disgusting @#%&!.

wonky no likes this

Unread 20-09-2010, 11:33 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
did mottie phone in his commentary from his bed?

"if my memory serves me correctly....." *rustle, rustle* "it was.... um.... 1957."
they're taking the piss if they think we believe he's actually there these days, he can't even do his "stadium" voice, he's sat in a studio giving revisionist %@#$&!s. Same as the prat who did the Spurs game... "Hutton has never scored for Spurs before...." 5mins later... "& that's his first for Spurs!" ffs

Unread 20-09-2010, 12:29 PM
andyroo

Murray isn't representative of any demographic. He's just a @#%&!.

I was surprised how complimentary they were last night. I thought they'd be saying we were as shit as them and it was all over, but no.

Unread 20-09-2010, 12:30 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Murray isn't representative of any demographic. He's just a @#%&!.

I was surprised how complimentary they were last night. I thought they'd be saying we were as shit as them and it was all over, but no.
They even got it bang on about O'Shea too - Torres was never getting anywhere near that ball and as such wasn't denied a goalscoring opportunity.

Unread 20-09-2010, 12:37 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
£#%&!ing pathetic that the football coverage is so dumbed down on terrestrial tele.
It's awful.
It's all about the 'bants' ...but bad bants, not good bants.

I think football should be taken seriously & should be discussed & covered seriously, but it's so £#%&!ing throwaway now..so cringeworthy.
The 'old pals act' between the pundits is embarrassing.

It's not perfect on SKY either, but they do a much better job overall.

Unread 20-09-2010, 12:40 PM
red in cumbria

"Last gasp winner"?? Oh dear :shakehead:

Unread 20-09-2010, 03:46 PM
Time For Heroes

really starting to think that the Beeb don't care about their pundits lack of knowledge, they just have them for the bantz and their 'inside' knowledge. Lineker even asked Shearer how his mate steve harper was on the show, asking if he'd been in touch with him, Shearer didn't have a clue, all he said was 'don't know, i haven't heard anything'. Great insider info there you stinks of piss @#%&!.

Unread 20-09-2010, 03:54 PM
dunk

I'd rather they had Tiberian and S/Side on there than the £#%&!ing numpties they currently employ.

The annoying thing is they occasionally have a Leonardo, or Klinsmann or Seedorf, someone that knows whereof they speak, and is insightful and worth listening to. So they must know what they are looking for, surely?

Unread 20-09-2010, 03:55 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Can't be arsed searching so apologies if this article on Shearer's punditry has already been posted

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...aid-child.html

Unread 20-09-2010, 03:58 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Can't be arsed searching so apologies if this article on Shearer's punditry has already been posted

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...aid-child.html
Its 8 posts above on this page.

Unread 20-09-2010, 04:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Its 8 posts above on this page.
Closed Thread