United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-09-2010, 09:55 AM
dunk

Default Re: Ressies tonight

I'm pretty sure (although my memory is hazy) that Ferguson said a fair few negative things about the prospective takeover before it happened, made not a jot of difference. You are talking about something far too large to have been adversely affected by what Ferguson said or did in the long term.

Plus, it's not as if the Glazers have shown themselves to be at all concerned with what the fans do or say thus far.

Saf quits because of the takeover, they employ someone else on less wages, if the fans stopped coming, it wouldn't last long, a couple of marquee signings and a decent winning run and they would return, and the Glazers know that. Plus as mentioned, there are many empty-headed £#%&!eits in Uniteds support who have been after Fergue £#%&!ing off for years.

Unread 18-09-2010, 11:24 AM
red in cumbria

Yep, the idea that SAF could have "stopped" the gimps takeover is up there with the one that Blair could have "stopped" the Iraq war for sheer delusionality

That doesn't mean that Fergie any more than Mr Tony shouldn't be criticised, but equally it shouldn't be assumed he is just "protecting his salary" and the similar guff that gets spouted

Unread 18-09-2010, 12:11 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
You're talking %@#$&!s. Unsubstantiated, unverifiable %@#$&!s. And for that reason, I'm out.
youre the £#%&!er mate, if anyone is.

Unread 18-09-2010, 12:21 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yep, the idea that SAF could have "stopped" the gimps takeover is up there with the one that Blair could have "stopped" the Iraq war for sheer delusionality

That doesn't mean that Fergie any more than Mr Tony shouldn't be criticised, but equally it shouldn't be assumed he is just "protecting his salary" and the similar guff that gets spouted
yeah, great comparison

Unread 18-09-2010, 12:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
yeah, great comparison
Why? However passionately you disagree with the war, isn't it obvious the US was going in whatever we did??

That makes it a decent comparison IMO. You can slag off Blair (and even SAF) legitimately for loads of things - but not for failing to "stop" something they were in fact powerless to prevent.

Anyway, let's get back on topic now
Closed Thread