CM 16 Michael Carrick
LM 7 Cristiano Ronaldo
CF 10 Wayne Rooney
CF 32 Carlos Tevez

Unread 28-06-2017, 09:14 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Missed one in the first leg of the semi at Camp Nou, hit the post / clipped it wide? Definitely got a bit giddy when he had too much time to think about it back then.

Seems to have it under control these days I suspect...

Often the case innit. Comes down to bottle in that moment.

Scholes fa cup final......Baggio world cup final..... Phil Neville hits the winner at Stamford Bridge for Everton.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
The starting line up wasn't bad was it?

GK 1 Edwin van der Sar
RB 6 Wes Brown
CB 5 Rio Ferdinand (c)
CB 15 Nemanja Vidić
LB 3 Patrice Evra
RM 4 Owen Hargreaves
CM 18 Paul Scholes
CM 16 Michael Carrick
LM 7 Cristiano Ronaldo
CF 10 Wayne Rooney
CF 32 Carlos Tevez
S'alright. I guess.

Unread 28-06-2017, 09:16 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20 times
Carrick's pen was good too IIRC
Yeah, quality

Quote:

GK 1 Edwin van der Sar David De Gea
RB 6 Wes Brown Fabinho
CB 5 Rio Ferdinand (c) Bailly
CB 15 Nemanja Vidić Lindelof
LB 3 Patrice Evra Shaw
RM 4 Owen Hargreaves Herrera
CM 18 Paul Scholes Pogba
CM 16 Michael Carrick Matic
LM 7 Cristiano Ronaldo Rashford
CF 10 Wayne Rooney Morata
CF 32 Carlos Tevez Martial

Not quite the same but not a million miles off......

Unread 28-06-2017, 09:16 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

GK 1 Edwin van der Sar
RB 6 Wes Brown
CB 5 Rio Ferdinand (c)
CB 15 Nemanja Vidić
LB 3 Patrice Evra
RM 4 Owen Hargreaves
CM 18 Paul Scholes
CM 16 Michael Carrick
LM 7 Cristiano Ronaldo
CF 10 Wayne Rooney
CF 32 Carlos Tevez

IIRC Big Wes played a lot that season and did an amazing job filling in for G Nev ..

Unread 28-06-2017, 09:23 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:

GK 1 Edwin van der Sar
RB 6 Wes Brown
CB 5 Rio Ferdinand (c)
CB 15 Nemanja Vidić
LB 3 Patrice Evra
RM 4 Owen Hargreaves
CM 18 Paul Scholes
CM 16 Michael Carrick
LM 7 Cristiano Ronaldo
CF 10 Wayne Rooney
CF 32 Carlos Tevez
Is it an exaggeration to say over half that team were legitimately world class players at the time?

Or at least in the top 3 in their positions in the world.

Unread 28-06-2017, 09:24 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
IIRC Big Wes played a lot that season and did an amazing job filling in for G Nev ..
He was great, largely underrated the way Fergie allowed the defence to switch seamlessly to a back three & basically massively overload the left side as Evra spent the vast majority of his time playing as a winger in the final third.

Hargreaves would cover £#%&!loads of ground in the middle as well, along with Carrick you'd just have intelligent players who'd get it & pass to Scholes to orchestrate. Amazing what the sum of your parts can be when you have special players sprinkled on top.

Unread 28-06-2017, 09:31 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yep. It was a shit pen tbf

In fact, there were plenty of weak ones all-round. Ashley Cole's was shit. Barely to one side, waist height off the ground. VDS goes the wrong way though so it's a 'great penalty'.

Best one was Hargreaves. Absolutely German-ed it in.
Tevez's was my favourite. His run up

Giggs was the one I most worried about. But he was very cool

Unread 28-06-2017, 09:31 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
Is it an exaggeration to say over half that team were legitimately world class players at the time?

Or at least in the top 3 in their positions in the world.
Nope. Incredible side, shame it only really peaked for, depending on your view, 1-3 seasons. If they could have stayed together - i.e. Ronnie and Tevez not £#%&!ing off - who knows what else would have been won. More harmony for the 09 final? A better shot in 2010, 11 etc... ifs and buts

As much as I love(d) Berba I guess it goes down as a bad call, a failed experiment to try and fit 4 of the best forwards in the world in one team.

Unread 28-06-2017, 09:37 AM
ZiggyStardust

This thread....

Unread 28-06-2017, 09:39 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
As much as I love(d) Berba I guess it goes down as a bad call, a failed experiment to try and fit 4 of the best forwards in the world in one team.
Not if Fergie had the testies to actually play all four at the same time. We'd of £#%&!ing destroyed teams.

Always annoyed me he didn't just stick Berba as a focal point & allow the other three to swarm around behind him etc.

Spurs 2nd half springs to mind. Rapeage.

Unread 28-06-2017, 09:48 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Tevez's was my favourite. His run up

Giggs was the one I most worried about. But he was very cool
It was all so unbelievably tense. All kinds of reaction to seeing Players step up. I remember all the little split-second reactions vividly.

Whenever I watch an opposition penalty against us, I always look for that split second when you see the keeper go the right or wrong way. There's that little flicker of hope when you see them go the right way.

As Terry walked up, I just thought '£#%&! me! John Terry is going to be the one to £#%&!ing win it '. When he stepped up, that split second where you see the ball go one way and VDS the other.......that's it...... done...... ........

Then ......

Unread 28-06-2017, 10:02 AM
20 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
It was all so unbelievably tense. All kinds of reaction to seeing Players step up. I remember all the little split-second reactions vividly.

Whenever I watch an opposition penalty against us, I always look for that split second when you see the keeper go the right or wrong way. There's that little flicker of hope when you see them go the right way.

As Terry walked up, I just thought '£#%&! me! John Terry is going to be the one to £#%&!ing win it '. When he stepped up, that split second where you see the ball go one way and VDS the other.......that's it...... done...... ........

Then ......

I was frantically charging around the living room and had pretty much turned my back when that @#%&! slipped.

Unread 28-06-2017, 10:04 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
I was frantically charging around the living room and had pretty much turned my back when that c*** slipped.
Same. I almost forgot to watch the next ones.

Unread 28-06-2017, 10:09 AM
20 times

Love these threads. No transfer talk, no arguing, just people reminiscing about the good old days

Unread 28-06-2017, 10:16 AM
waynes ear's

hate the "good old days" chat tbh

history is overrated and old things suck

Unread 28-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Fish

I turned it off when Terry stepped up, it was too much to bear. The reds next door screaming the place down was a joyous sound.

Unread 28-06-2017, 10:21 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Love these threads. No transfer talk, no arguing, just people reminiscing about the good old days
£#%&! off!

Unread 28-06-2017, 10:22 AM
Buck

Anderson

Still have hope for him.

Scored the winning pen in the League Cup final the following season iirc. Clutch player nqat. Pretty entertaining game for a 0-0 that

Unread 28-06-2017, 10:32 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
hate the "good old days" chat tbh

history is overrated and old things suck
Your links in the music thread somewhat contradict the £#%&! out of this you absolute euphoric breakdown of a poster.
Closed Thread