Unread 28-04-2017, 02:59 PM
atticusgrinch

Sell him and buy Oblak. Not a problem.

Unread 28-04-2017, 02:59 PM
AK14

Can't see Mou going for any one second rate tbf

He's always built from the back and had good GK's

Might not be someone well know, but they'll be a good replacement

As for Dave, think he's been immense the last couple of seasons. with all the talk of his misses and him wanting to be closer, He was always going to eventually move on.

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:00 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
De Gea is probably the best in the world at what he's good at: namely reflexive saves he should have no right getting to, goal-face coverage and one on ones, but he has his weaknesses too; he doesn't marshall the defence very well, he's nailed to that line and his distribution is average at best.

As limited as he is, you see Romero look for the break every time he gains possession, but DeGea's idea of a quick break is launching it long to whoever is furthest upfield. How often does that lead to anything? He does as much to slow us down as anyone.
You what?!

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:00 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Isn't his release clause apparently something stupid?

80m?

Can't see us shelling out that much for a 'keeper.

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:01 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Isn't his release clause apparently something stupid?

80m?

Can't see us shelling out that much for a 'keeper.
£30m tops I'd have thought.

thatsfuctit

Be interesting to see what Sunderland can command for Pickford, granted he looks like a fat 15 year old who has been stretched on the rack, but he's good.

Sapien

Quote:
Or, to put it another way, Oblak di, Oblak da, life goes on.

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:02 PM
AK14

Quote:
£30m tops I'd have thought.

Pull the trigger Woody!

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:03 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14

Pull the trigger Woody!
Plus he's from Slovenia so Salford would seem like paradise to the lad.

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:06 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
You what?!

Genuinely one of the best keepers i've ever seen pinging 50 yard passes out to people...

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:07 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
You what?!
You think it's good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Genuinely one of the best keepers i've ever seen pinging 50 yard passes out to people...
What does it ever lead to though? I'd rather see him throw it out quick and get something going.

Distribution is about more than hitting fifty yard balls to Fellaini's head. I've seen goalies do a ten yard push throw and start a break that kills the opposition. It's about meaningful passing -whether that's a throw or a twenty yard ball- that actually makes a difference. Granted, De Gea would probably compete with anyone punting a ball into a barrel from forty yards, but how many times does he actually make a difference? How many times is it just punted into an area for Martial or Rashford to chase? How many times does he throw the damn thing?

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:17 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
De Gea is probably the best in the world at what he's good at: namely reflexive saves he should have no right getting to, goal-face coverage and one on ones, but he has his weaknesses too; he doesn't marshall the defence very well, he's nailed to that line and his distribution is average at best.

As limited as he is, you see Romero look for the break every time he gains possession, but DeGea's idea of a quick break is launching it long to whoever is furthest upfield. How often does that lead to anything? He does as much to slow us down as anyone.
Sounds suspiciously like the "I'd rather keep Rooney than Ronaldo anyway" brigade from a few years back.

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:18 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Sounds suspiciously like the "I'd rather keep Rooney than Ronaldo anyway" brigade from a few years back.
Only if you don't read it.

So he's perfect in every way then, yeah?

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:19 PM
Jethro

He may as well go, but if we don't get a player or two in return Woodward and Mourinho want their balls cutting off.

We'll end up with their third choice keeper.

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:21 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Only if you don't read it.

So he's perfect in every way then, yeah?
Aside from wanting to leave, yeah.

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:24 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Aside from wanting to leave, yeah.
Well then we have to agree to disagree. I like DDG a lot, but I'd have Schmeichel or VDS back in a £#%&!ing heartbeat.

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:26 PM
dragflick

Quote:
You think it's good?

What does it ever lead to though? I'd rather see him throw it out quick and get something going.

Distribution is about more than hitting fifty yard balls to Fellaini's head. I've seen goalies do a ten yard push throw and start a break that kills the opposition. It's about meaningful passing -whether that's a throw or a twenty yard ball- that actually makes a difference. Granted, De Gea would probably compete with anyone punting a ball into a barrel from forty yards, but how many times does he actually make a difference? How many times is it just punted into an area for Martial or Rashford to chase? How many times does he throw the damn thing?
Completely disagree. He's not had the option to launch these attacks a lot of the time. Can't fault him at all on distribution. He's £#%&!ing brilliant all round nowadays.

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:27 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Completely disagree. He's not had the option to launch these attacks a lot of the time. Can't fault him at all on distribution. He's £#%&!ing brilliant all round nowadays.
Ok

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:28 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
He may as well go, but if we don't get a player or two in return Woodward and Mourinho want their balls cutting off.

We'll end up with their third choice keeper.
I'd look for Isco off them

He's world class but just doesn't get a regular start so he could be tempted

Unread 28-04-2017, 03:28 PM
plopborsky

£#%&! him and his stupid @#%&!ing hair
Closed Thread