Originally Posted by Sparky***
The first goal they conceded was just as funny

Unread 05-03-2018, 10:42 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser

https://youtu.be/WhsAFFBt5ks

My lord above. I mean, I'm all for women having equal rights across the board in sport but £#%&! me, Women's football is an absolutely horrendous spectacle. It's like watching under 6s. Horrific.

Unread 05-03-2018, 10:43 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
My lord above. I mean, I'm all for women having equal rights across the board in sport but £#%&! me, Women's football is an absolutely horrendous spectacle. It's like watching under 6s. Horrific.
Hard for even the most ardent feminist to deny the truth in this, I'm afraid.

Unread 06-03-2018, 12:32 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser

https://youtu.be/WhsAFFBt5ks

Shit@#%&!s

Unread 08-03-2018, 05:39 AM
TheFatGoth

Knocked out last night due to another comedy own goal

Unread 08-03-2018, 07:20 AM
Red Al

Women's football is shit and if it wasn't for them piggybacking off the mans game plus the £#%&!ing PC obsessed BBC ramming it down our throats every 5 minuites no one would know that it even existed.

Remember a few years ago when they tried to pressure Utd into having one even though every other team in the PL(bar Southampton)had a split arse team.

Unread 08-03-2018, 08:40 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Remember a few years ago when they tried to pressure Utd into having one even though every other team in the PL(bar Southampton)had a split arse team.
a few years? you need better parenting pal

Unread 08-03-2018, 09:14 AM
saffers

Quote:
Women's football is shit and if it wasn't for them piggybacking off the mans game plus the £#%&!ing PC obsessed BBC ramming it down our throats every 5 minuites no one would know that it even existed.

Theyll never improve if everyone saw it from your viewpoint.

Unread 08-03-2018, 09:26 AM
denis lawless

Unread 08-03-2018, 09:28 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

They should have one - commercially it’s mental not to which for united, is the most surprising fact about it. Participation in sport isn’t limited by how good you are at it - plenty of girls want to play football, 50%+ of the
population are women, it’s growing massively etc etc - so what if they’re shit at it?

United have just put themselves in a corner because the club is basically utterly shit at anything community focussed and I think they won’t have one because it will be seen by them as backing down under pressure. Tbf they recently tied up a sponsorship deal with a Nigerian soft drinks company so all’s good.

Unread 08-03-2018, 09:36 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
They should have one - commercially it’s mental not to which for united, is the most surprising fact about it. Participation in sport isn’t limited by how good you are at it - plenty of girls want to play football, 50%+ of the
population are women, it’s growing massively etc etc - so what if they’re shit at it?

United have just put themselves in a corner because the club is basically utterly shit at anything community focussed and I think they won’t have one because it will be seen by them as backing down under pressure. Tbf they recently tied up a sponsorship deal with a Nigerian soft drinks company so all’s good.
If the club thought it made commercial sense they'd do it. City have obviously £#%&!ed millions on their women (just like their youth teams ), but with crowds of a couple of thousand they must be making a loss I'd imagine.

PS: I suppose you could argue that the club's being short-termist, but that's what you get when you're run by greedy American shysters...

Unread 08-03-2018, 09:46 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
If the club thought it made commercial sense they'd do it. City have obviously £#%&!ed millions on their women (just like their youth teams ), but with crowds of a couple of thousand they must be making a loss I'd imagine
It may well be loss making but so what? United is a world famous supposedly world leading sporting institution who are also enormously rich. They have millions of female fans - I know quite a few local girls (friends of my daughter he quickly adds) who play for their junior teams but then have to leave. No one can fathom their stance on it.

Unread 08-03-2018, 10:00 AM
doudou

Quote:
It may well be loss making but so what? United is a world famous supposedly world leading sporting institution who are also enormously rich. They have millions of female fans - I know quite a few local girls (friends of my daughter he quickly adds) who play for their junior teams but then have to leave. No one can fathom their stance on it.
I don’t disagree. It’s just that all the glazers care about is their short-term gain

Unread 08-03-2018, 11:36 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Then let them go kick a ball round the park with their mates like the men who are shit at football do.

Unread 08-03-2018, 11:57 AM
waynes ear's

Seems i've been blocked by Mrs Oatley

Unread 08-03-2018, 12:01 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Then let them go kick a ball round the park with their mates like the men who are shit at football do.
Not today pal

Unread 08-03-2018, 01:04 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Theyll never improve if everyone saw it from your viewpoint.
arsed

no

Unread 20-06-2018, 11:55 AM
Sapien

Unread 20-06-2018, 12:10 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
No one is listening to her, let's be honest.
Closed Thread