United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-01-2015, 08:20 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Default Article on the 99 final commentary

Nostalgic

http:// http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/sport-on-tv-tyldesleys-silence-proves-he-can-live-with-the-best-1096638.html

Shame his subsequent commentary became very bland

Unread 26-01-2015, 08:25 PM
Whip Hubley

I can't be arsed checking, and my memory could well be failing me, and it could be -1million top red points - but I thought he said "and solskjaer has won it" not "done it"

Unread 26-01-2015, 08:31 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
I can't be arsed checking, and my memory could well be failing me, and it could be -1million top red points - but I thought he said "and solskjaer has won it" not "done it"
I agree, a strange error for an article, specifically about what he said, to make

Unread 26-01-2015, 08:37 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
He deffo said won it, the dumb @#%&! did an interview later down the line basically regretting saying it

Unread 26-01-2015, 08:41 PM
Pop

To save you the bother...

Unread 26-01-2015, 09:36 PM
signed dc

Dislike him obviously, but Alan Green's radio 5 commentary from that night is also quite wonderful

Unread 26-01-2015, 09:42 PM
whimsicalidiotmufc

Still makes the old goose bumps pop up now, nearly 20 years later.

Unread 26-01-2015, 09:43 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by whimsicalidiotmufc
Still makes the old goose bumps pop up now, nearly 20 years later.

In no way is it acceptable to say nearly 20 years later when it's not even 16. Not having it. Apologise and change to 'more than 15 years later'

Unread 26-01-2015, 09:43 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Dislike him obviously, but Alan Green's radio 5 commentary from that night is also quite wonderful
Yeah it's a good one tbf

I think Lou Macari commentated on TalkSport & was in tears iirc.
I only remember listening to it once, maybe the morning after or something like that.
I don't think it's on Youtube.

There's that other commentary from GMR where Wilf McGuinness goes mental as well

Unread 26-01-2015, 09:47 PM
whimsicalidiotmufc

Quote:
In no way is it acceptable to say nearly 20 years later when it's not even 16. Not having it. Apologise and change to 'more than 15 years later'
I agree, what on earth was i thinking. Disgraceful eh?

15 years.

Unread 26-01-2015, 11:23 PM
Big Norm

Quote:
That's my ringtone.
(would prefer if it was the commentary of Big Norms goal in the 85 final tbh but don't know how to do that).

Unread 26-01-2015, 11:25 PM
Grimson

His first phrase back in has an edge of even greater certainty: "Name - on - the - trophy." You can't argue with a confident man.

I always assumed he was talking about Bayern's name being all but on the trophy, UNTIL the equaliser. They were showing Matthaus on the bench when he said it?

Unread 27-01-2015, 12:35 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
His first phrase back in has an edge of even greater certainty: "Name - on - the - trophy." You can't argue with a confident man.

I always assumed he was talking about Bayern's name being all but on the trophy, UNTIL the equaliser. They were showing Matthaus on the bench when he said it?
Or perhaps he was being subtly ABU and trying to curse us

Unread 27-01-2015, 12:47 AM
Sparky***

Unread 27-01-2015, 12:48 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson

yeah, same. emphasising how last-gasp it was. didn't the trophy have bayern ribbons on it at that point?

Unread 27-01-2015, 12:51 AM
Sparky***

Unread 27-01-2015, 12:54 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Even he was sucked in, for a brief but glorious moment

It was only in the following days that the "United were incredibly lucky" revisionism started.

Unread 27-01-2015, 01:00 AM
Mr Kaboom

And two years later announced 'I'm so pleased for Liverpool' after they scabbed the UEFA Cup against a Spanish team I can't even remember.

Unread 27-01-2015, 01:03 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
And two years later announced 'I'm so pleased for Liverpool' after they scabbed the UEFA Cup against a Spanish team I can't even remember.
who were down to 10 men and scored an own goal for Liverpool to win it. Jammiest £#%&!ing team ever.

Unread 27-01-2015, 01:41 AM
Grimson

The woman presenter has the poshest voice I've ever heard.
Closed Thread